Edit History

Vedast

Vedast

Working on character sheet for a ranger(archer) character application.  

How distinct do you make the various bows vis-a-vis Weapon Focus?  That is, is a composite short bow distinct from a short bow etc. from the point of view of this feat applying?

Would Weapon Focus "stack" with Deadly Aim? That is, would the +1 attack bonus from WF effectively cancel the -1 to attack to gain +2 damage from DA?

Any other modifications to the Ranger's Archery combat style bonus feat selections from the Elephant in the Room that one might need to know?

Although the character would primarily be a ranged combatant, I would like to make their melee weapon some sort of pole-arm (understanding that, at the moment, they have no equipment at all).  That being said, the "Elephant" essay buffing Dodge (to gain the benefits of Mobility as well) might mitigate the effectiveness of a reach weapon (that is, by reducing battlefield control of the reach weapon by buffing a defense against an AoO).  Any GM advice here?  I've never played using the "Elephant in the Room" mods.  

Thank you -- quite a few questions, I understand. 

Vedast

Vedast

Working on character sheet for a ranger(archer) character application.  

How distinct do you make the various bows vis-a-vis Weapon Focus?  That is, is a composite short bow distinct from a short bow etc. from the point of view of this feat applying?

Would Weapon Focus "stack" with Deadly Aim? That is, would the +1 attack bonus from WF effectively cancel the -1 to attack to gain +2 damage from DA?

Any other modifications to the Ranger's Archery combat style bonus feat selections from the Elephant in the Room that one might need to know?

Although the character would primarily be a ranged combatant, I would like to make their melee weapon some sort of pole-arm.  That being said, the "Elephant" essay buffing Dodge (to gain the benefits of Mobility as well) might mitigate the effectiveness of a reach weapon (that is, by reducing battlefield control of the reach weapon by buffing a defense against an AoO).  Any GM advice here?  I've never played using the "Elephant in the Room" mods.  

Thank you -- quite a few questions, I understand.