Edit History

Eborne1

Eborne1

4 hours ago, Jagael said:

With the Wrathful Template should we assume our characters are angry at all non-Corrupted? The Pure? Is it just a function of Corruption that we are more naturally angered?

Firstly, I'll say, that your character needn't be angry as a normal quality of their personality or character.  But also, it should be considered that within the past two years, likely every single person you knew and loved died and the world has descended into a fairly violent and desperate state of survival.  So anger is probably warranted. 

Angry at all Non-Corrupted...? Not necessarily, although developing a character with prejudice toward non-corrupted is reasonable and acceptable.  Angry at the PURE...? Not necessarily either by default, although they do hate you, practically to the last member. They hunt you and will likely kill you on sight unless they decide to torture you first.  So you can make of that what you will. 

I suppose the 'wrathful vengeance' template could be simply described as a uniting quality of focus and motivation to act against the evil and injustice that has risen or will rise against you. 

Perhaps imagine the "Doomslayer" from the game "Doom"...  He doesn't just fight back and defend himself against the evil... He SLAYS with a certain vengeful spite, if I may say so.                    

Are magical abilities part of the Turning or were they in existence beforehand?  i.e. Is the following referring to magic and supernatural abilities or simply the increased strength of gestalt: "...many developed strange and powerful abilities."

Magical Properties are a product of the Turning and weren't there beforehand...  "... many developed strange and powerful abilities"?  Yes, this refers to the advent of magic in the world.  

Eborne1

Eborne1

With the Wrathful Template should we assume our characters are angry at all non-Corrupted? The Pure? Is it just a function of Corruption that we are more naturally angered?

Firstly, I'll say, that your character needn't be angry as normal quality of their personality or character.  But also, it should be considered that within the past two years, likely every single person you knew and loved died and the world has descended into a fairly violent and desperate state of survival.  So anger is probably warranted. 

Angry at all Non-Corrupted...? Not necessarily, although developing a character with prejudice toward non-corrupted is reasonable and acceptable.  Angry at the PURE...? Not necessarily either by default, although they do hate you, practically to the last member. They hunt you and will likely kill you on sight unless they decide to torture you first.  So you can make of that what you will. 

I suppose the 'wrathful vengeance' template could be simply described as a uniting quality of focus and motivation to act against the evil and injustice that has risen or will rise against you. 

Perhaps imagine the "Doomslayer" from the game "Doom"...  He doesn't just fight back and defend himself against the evil... He SLAYS with a certain vengeful spite, if I may say so.                    

Are magical abilities part of the Turning or were they in existence beforehand?  i.e. Is the following referring to magic and supernatural abilities or simply the increased strength of gestalt: "...many developed strange and powerful abilities."

Magical Properties are a product of the Turning and weren't there beforehand...  "... many developed strange and powerful abilities"?  Yes, this refers to the advent of magic in the world.