Edit History

Eborne1

Eborne1

29 minutes ago, TheFred said:

So, characters are all L3 Gunslingers who are essentially also L1 in something else, but with an effective L3 for a couple of features? Out of curiosity, why gunslingers? I mean, it’s set in the US, I guess, but presumably some characters could be ordinary people without much knowledge of weapons?

What does Guns Everywhere mean for archetypes which swap out Gun Training? Also do characters start with, like battered revolvers or something rather than battered pistols?

All good questions...

Re: Levels: Yes, I think you have the basic starting mechanics more or less correct.  Characters will start at levels 3/1 (primary/secondary class)... HOWEVER, some class abilities (listed) will begin as if the characters are starting at level 3/2... then next level, they will be as if at 4/4.    

Re: Guns: For a few reasons.  #1 It is just how I originally envisioned the game. (Sort of a Doom type game)  #2 Guns are the primary weapon used in modern warfare today and if an apocalypse hit, I imagine many people would use them for self-defense/survival if they were available, and since it's the U.S. we all know they're more than available. 

It would make sense that most of the characters were just ordinary people and not gun experts, prior to 'the turning', but for the sake of the game, it should be presumed that they've had to learn to use them while surviving the past two years.         

Eborne1

Eborne1

26 minutes ago, TheFred said:

So, characters are all L3 Gunslingers who are essentially also L1 in something else, but with an effective L3 for a couple of features? Out of curiosity, why gunslingers? I mean, it’s set in the US, I guess, but presumably some characters could be ordinary people without much knowledge of weapons?

What does Guns Everywhere mean for archetypes which swap out Gun Training? Also do characters start with, like battered revolvers or something rather than battered pistols?

All good questions...

Re: Levels: Yes, I think you have the basic starting mechanics more or less correct.  Characters will start at levels 3/1 (primary/secondary class)... HOWEVER, some class abilities (listed) will begin as if the characters are starting at level 3/2... then next level, they will be as if at 4/4.    

Re: Guns: For a few reasons.  #1 It is just how I originally envisioned the game. (Sort of a Doom type game)  #2 Guns are the primary weapon used in modern warfare today and if an apocalypse hit, I imagine most people would use them if they were available, and since it's the U.S. we all know they're more than available. 

It would make sense that most of the characters were just ordinary people and not gun experts, prior to 'the turning', but for the sake of the game, it should be presumed that they've had to learn to use them while surviving the past two years.         

Eborne1

Eborne1

15 minutes ago, TheFred said:

All good questions...

Re: Levels: Yes, I think you have the basic starting mechanics more or less correct.  Characters will start at levels 3/1 (primary/secondary class)... HOWEVER, some class abilities (listed) will begin as if at the characters are starting at level 3/2... then next level, they will be as if at 4/4.    

Re: Guns: For a few reasons.  #1 It is just how I originally envisioned the game. (Sort of a Doom type game)  #2 Guns are the primary weapon used in modern warfare today and if an apocalypse hit, I imagine most people would use them if they were available, and since it's the U.S. we all know they're more than available.