Edit History

wrathgon

wrathgon

21 hours ago, cheezal said:

Doesn't techniqually have to have been killed for xp, just you have to defeat the encounter.. Capt. clamed he got 20k for the fight?

Xp is earned when you learn something from an encounter. Capt learned multiple things when combating it how to deal in future by own actions in combat. Deacan gets some xp for not dying. Dying precludes you from Gaining XP for that call back. I did not say how much xp but i didnt need much to lvl 5k to be exact so i got that, would get alot more if defeated.

As for first question yes its a us vs you because if capt gets involved the enounter is judged as his CR not your.

Now the second portion of XP is how dangerous the encounter was you to lose your life. Now technically according to my DM as long as Theo is with your party I should be reducing your XP earned because there isn't any danger, he will bring you back to life with any kind of mistake or cock up you guys do. Same way is why he never gets any XP because he's never a danger of actually being in danger because he's a lich and his soul is safely tucked away in a gem. Even in this account there my DM's like so you get disintegrated you come back in one to 10 days so there was no danger of loss of life ever for him.

What he does get is xp for learning how to combat in future.

wrathgon

wrathgon

4 hours ago, cheezal said:

Doesn't techniqually have to have been killed for xp, just you have to defeat the encounter.. Capt. clamed he got 20k for the fight?

Xp is earned when you learn something from an encounter. Capt learned multiple things when combating it how to deal in future by own actions in combat. Deacan gets some xp for not dying. Dying precludes you from Gaining XP for that call back. I did not say how much xp but i didnt need much to lvl 5k to be exact so i got that, would get alot more if defeated.

As for first question yes its a us vs you because if capt gets involved the enounter is judged as his CR not your.

Now the second portion of XP is how dangerous the encounter was you to lose your life. Now technically according to my DM as long as Theo is with your party I should be reducing your XP earned because there isn't any danger, he will bring you back to life with any kind of mistake or cock up you guys do. Same way is why he never gets any XP because he's never a danger of actually being in danger because he's a lich and his soul is safely tucked away in a gem. Even in this account there my DM's like so you get disintegrated you come back in one to 10 days so there was no danger of loss of life ever for him.

What he does get is xp for learning how do defaleat new foes.

wrathgon

wrathgon

2 hours ago, cheezal said:

Xp is earned when you learn something from an encounter. Capt learned multiple things when combating it how to deal in future by own actions in cimbat. Deacan gets some xp for not dying. Dying precludes you from Gaining XP for that call back. I did not say how much xp but i didnt need much to lvl 5k to be exact so i got that, would get alot more if defeated.

What he does get is xp for learning how do defaleat new foes.