Edit History

OzzyKP

OzzyKP

For my part, I'm rather excited about the possibilities of image generation.  I've played around with https://www.artbreeder.com for NPC and character portraits.  You can feed it some images you find, and then blend different elements of pictures or adjust however you like. And, of course, if I ever get into a serious campaign where I need a lot of images I'll probably pay for Midjourney.  I am continually blown away by the capabilities of it. Personally I love adding art and images to my posts, and maps.  Even if it is just a portrait of who is speaking, I can't just leave a post with just text. 

As for text, I just dipped my toe into that the other day, and was similarly impressed.  I'm running the Reign of Winter AP and there is a bard that happened upon the players.  The AP says she entertains the camp.  I wanted to flesh it out more than just say "she plays a lively song and tells several tales of yore" or something.  So I had ChatGPT spit out a poem.  I could feed it a style, a moral, various elements, and even have it switch to rhymed verse.  It started out very simple, but then I asked for more flowery language and it delivered.  It was just right for providing some extra color for the players without requiring much investment from me. 

I don't think I'd ever just let AI run a scene or advance the plot or anything, but I'm considerably more open to exploring what it can do after this good experience.

OzzyKP

OzzyKP

For my part, I'm rather excited about the possibilities of image generation.  I've played around with https://www.artbreeder.com for NPC and character portraits.  You can feed it some images you find, and then blend different elements of pictures or adjust however you like. And, of course, if I ever get into a serious campaign where I need a lot of images I'll probably pay for Midjourney.  I am continually blown away by the capabilities of it. 

As for text, I just dipped my toe into that the other day, and was similarly impressed.  I'm running the Reign of Winter AP and there is a bard that happened upon the players.  The AP says she entertains the camp.  I wanted to flesh it out more than just say "she plays a lively song and tells several tales of yore" or something.  So I had ChatGPT spit out a poem.  I could feed it a style, a moral, various elements, and even have it switch to rhymed verse.  It started out very simple, but then I asked for more flowery language and it delivered.  It was just right for providing some extra color for the players without requiring much investment from me. 

I don't think I'd ever just let AI run a scene or advance the plot or anything, but I'm considerably more open to exploring what it can do after this good experience.