Edit History

Steel Warrior

Steel Warrior

4 hours ago, TheFred said:

Savage Species has the Anthropomorphic Constrictor Snake (also Tauric, which is unfortunately restricted to things with 4+ legs but would actually work fine if houseruled to apply to snakes too). I think the only ways of adding arms are the Obah-Blessed template which is from some Dungeon Mag and I guess a lot of people don't allow, and the pseudo-template in the DMG2, it's one of the ones designed for NPCs but it has a +2 LA for if a DM feels like allowing it for a player (+2 LA for four arms is kinda eh anyway, and you'd need to apply it twice, if you even can, to get six). Obah-Blessed is like that but a fair bit stronger since it gives some chunky stat bumps and stuff too.

But I'm mostly just musing out loud... I think instead I will go with the Arcanaloth and make a pen-pushing, middle-management bureaucrat who can keep all the group's records and remind them to fill out all their requisition forms in triplicate if they want a share of the loot.

Half-Fiend Yuan-ti with Aberrant Limbs x2

DMG II pg 157
LA +2 not as good as the Obah-Blessed template, but it's offical.

Aberrant Limbs (Ex): The NPC was born with an extra pair of arms or an extra pair of legs. He might or might not be able to withdraw the aberrant limbs into his body to hide his unusual nature; if he can, he gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks made to hide the aberrant limbs. An NPC with an extra pair of arms gains Multiweapon Fighting as a bonus feat. The land speed of an NPC with an extra pair of legs increases by 20 feet.

Steel Warrior

Steel Warrior

4 hours ago, TheFred said:

Savage Species has the Anthropomorphic Constrictor Snake (also Tauric, which is unfortunately restricted to things with 4+ legs but would actually work fine if houseruled to apply to snakes too). I think the only ways of adding arms are the Obah-Blessed template which is from some Dungeon Mag and I guess a lot of people don't allow, and the pseudo-template in the DMG2, it's one of the ones designed for NPCs but it has a +2 LA for if a DM feels like allowing it for a player (+2 LA for four arms is kinda eh anyway, and you'd need to apply it twice, if you even can, to get six). Obah-Blessed is like that but a fair bit stronger since it gives some chunky stat bumps and stuff too.

But I'm mostly just musing out loud... I think instead I will go with the Arcanaloth and make a pen-pushing, middle-management bureaucrat who can keep all the group's records and remind them to fill out all their requisition forms in triplicate if they want a share of the loot.

DMG II pg 157

Aberrant Limbs (Ex): The NPC was born with an extra pair of arms or an extra pair of legs. He might or might not be able to withdraw the aberrant limbs into his body to hide his unusual nature; if he can, he gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks made to hide the aberrant limbs. An NPC with an extra pair of arms gains Multiweapon Fighting as a bonus feat. The land speed of an NPC with an extra pair of legs increases by 20 feet.

Steel Warrior

Steel Warrior

3 hours ago, TheFred said:

I don't think there's a 3.5 progression, but if you compare the one in SS with the 3.5 Monster Manual thing you can probably just use the SS one and swap out anything that's different. The most obvious thing is the DR - in Savage Species it's /+1, but in 3.5 it's /cold iron or good. I think some of the SLAs changed, too - they no longer get Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Darkness, Desecrate, or Doom, by the looks of it, or the 1/day Unholy Blight? And Teleport Without Error is now Greater Teleport.

DMG II pg 157