The Devil is in the Detail. An Orphan of Hell

mole75

Ofeira the Erinyes

Name: Ofeira

Race: Erinyes

Type: Devil, Baatezu

Class: Warlock

Alignment: Lawful Evil

7a9bf65da5ff832a3a56b2df8de9c705.jpg.13eb7c0aefed5d00d15572433a788dd8.jpg    

Background: Once, long ago, Ofeira was a general in the armies of Hell. She was one of Belial's top commanders and was ready to lead his armies in a conquest of the Prime. She had fought many great battles in the Blood Wars and was known and feared for her brutality and efficiency on the battlefield. She had formed a very close bond with the archdevil and drew immense powers from the unholy connection, allowing her to smite her foes and vanquish the enemies of her lord. Ofeira was eager to pass through the gate to conquer new souls for her master. But as she saw the magic energies dissolve the mighty weapon she wielded and felt the ripples of reality tear at her very being, she started to doubt her master for the first time in millennia. 

Description: Ofeira is an Erinyes. Like most of her kind, she is a beautiful, yet dangerous looking woman. Her pointy ears, fine features and pale skin could be mistaken for those of an elf. However, the now vestigial and useless wings on her back and the burning red eyes, as well as the horns on her head, mark her as something else indeed. She is a brutal fighter with a bloodlust that has not been lessened by the loss of memory and ability. The deep connection to the lower parts of Hell that once fueled her vast powers are all but gone. Just like the memories of her past and the victories and atrocities she committed for the glory of her beloved master. 

Personality: As a more or less newly minted soul in a strange world, Ofeira has to come to terms with who and what she is. Faint memories of a life once lived haunts and excites her. She is headstrong with a determination to complete her tasks, no matter the cost. 

Ofeira is dedicated to furthering her own agenda. However, she is also smart enough to know that she now is a feeble and weak creature. She needs to work with her former allies and enemies to gain more power. Maybe ending up in this strange and unforgiving world is the chance to break the yoke of the Blood Wars. 

Ofeira
Name Ofeira
Race Erinyes - Baatezu Devil
Aligment Lawful Evil

Character sheet: https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2793327

Strength 14 +2
Dexterity 16 +3
Constitution 16 +3
Intelligence 12 +1
Wisdom 10 0
Charisma 18 +4

Hit Points 11
AC 14
Touch AC 13
Fort save +4
Ref Save +6
Will save +2
Ranged Attack +5
Melee attack +3
Concentration +7
Disguise +8
Escape Artist +5
Hide +7
Knowledge (Arcana) +5
Knowledge (Old Planes) +16
Move Silently +5
Sense Motive +3
Spellcraft +5
Spot +4
Use Magic Device +8
Use Rope +4

Erinyes_class.txt

Edited by mole75 (see edit history)

My attempt at an Erinyes class

Erinyes class

The following assumptions have been made in the creation of this class:
Max level of class is HD + LA (9+7)
Uses the succubus class as a guideline for several abilities. 
Must end up at max level with more or less the same abilities as a MM (page 54) erinyes.
Only giving powers that the original creature has
Given lesser and normal powers at the same level as the succubus class.
The only thing that this class does not emulate is the feats. A MM Erinyes get 6 feats versus the 4 feats a 9 HD monster should get. 

Erinyes

Starting ability adjustments: Str +2, Con +2, Dex +2, Cha +2

Darkvision 60 ft.

Land speed 30 ft.

Automatic Languages: Infernal, Celestial, and Draconic.

Poison immunity

Favored class: Erinyes

Class skills: Concentration, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Hide, Knowledge (any lore skill), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Use Rope 

Level Hit Dice Base Attack Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skill points Ability mods Abilities
1st 1d8 +1 +2 +2 +2 (8+int)x4 - +1 natural armor, Resistances  (Fire 5, acid 5, cold 5)
2nd 2d8 +2 +3 +3 +3 8+int 

+2 str

lesser erinyes powers 1/day, telepathy 100 ft, Wings 1/day
3rd 2d8 +2 +3 +3 +3   +2 con,  +2 wis +2 natural armor,
4th 3d8 +3 +3 +3 +3 8+int  +2 dex lesser erinye powers 3/day, erinyes powers 1/day, wings 3/day
5th 3d8 +3 +3 +3 +3  

+2 int, +2 str

+4 natural armor, greater erinyes powers 1/day
6th 4d8 +4 +4 +4 +4 8+int  +2 cha, +2 con DR 5 (Cold Iron or Good), lesser erinye powers at will, wings at will
7th 4d8 +4 +4 +4 +4   +2 dex,  +2 wis +6 natural armor, reisitance (fire 10, acid, 10, cold 10)
8th 5d8 +5 +4 +4 +4 8+int  +2 int, erinye powers 3/day
9th 6d8 +6/+1 +5 +5 +5 8+int  +2 cha, +2 con +8 natural armor, spell reistance
10th 6d8 +6/+1 +5 +5 +5   +2 str, +2 dex see in darkness, fire immunity
11th 7d8 +7/+2 +5 +5 +5 8+int  +2 wis greater erinyes powers 3/day
12th 7d8 +7/+2 +5 +5 +5   +2 cha, +2 con erinye powers at will
13th 8d8 +8/+3 +6 +6 +6 8+int  +2 dex  
14th 8d8 +8/+3 +6 +6 +6   +2 str  
15th 9d8 +9/+4 +6 +6 +6 8+int  +2 wis,  
16th 9d8 +9/+4 +6 +6 +6   +2 cha Greater Erinyes Powers at will

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Erinyes are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, but not with armor and shields. 

Spell-Like Abilities: The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Entangle (Ex): Each erinyes carries a stout rope some 50 feet long that entangles opponents of any size as an animate rope spell (caster level equal to the erinye’s class level). An erinyes can hurl its rope 30 feet with no range penalty. Typically, an erinyes entangles a foe, lifts it into the air, and drops it from a great height.

Erinyes powers, leser (Sp): At 2nd level an erinyes can use animate rope, minor image and clairaudience/clairvoyance once per day. At 4th level it can use it three times per day and at 6th level and higher I can use the ability at will. An erinyes’ caster level for all spell-like abilities is equal to its class level. 

Erinyes Powers (Sp): Beginning at level 8th an erinyes can use charm monster, true seeing and unholy blight once per day. At 10th level it can use these powers three times per day and at 12th level at will. An erinyes’ caster level for all spell-like abilities is equal to its class level. 

Erinyes Powers, Greater (Sp): Beginning at level 8th an erinyes can use greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only) once per day. At 10th level it can use these powers three times per day and at 12th level at will. An erinyes’ caster level for all spell-like abilities is equal to its class level. 

Spell resistance (Ex): 4 + class level

See in Darkness (Su): All batezu can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, even that created by a deeper darkness spell.

Wings (Ex): The erinyes have wings that give them fly 50 ft. (good). They can use their wings once per day at level 2, 3/day at level 4 and at will at level 6. The power of the wings lasts for 10 min/level. 

Edit:

The following changes has been made since the last draft:

• Added level 11. I don't know how I forgot that one in the original draft.
  • Reworked the stat boosts to even them out more. 
  • Replaced the Tongues ability with an equal level spell (clairaudience/clairvoyance) and added it to the lesser power
  • Made greater teleport a greater power
  • Removed fly and replaced it with wings as per the rules

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the result. The only level that is sort of boring is level 14. 

Edited by mole75 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Note the changes i made to telepathy and tongues in game info, otherwise progression looks good, pending a more detailed check.

Thanks for the precise and easy to manage rulings on that as well as the powers stuff. I will update it soon and will also check to make sure the powers follow your rules.

I think I've adjusted the class to fit all the requirements. And I've more or less completed my character. 

I will add additional text to her personality and description later and I might change a few things on the sheet - like minor changes to the ability scores or the feat.

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Looks good, only thing is you have duplicated teleport into both standard and greater powers list.

Good catch. That was a copy/paste error. It's only in greater powers now.

I've also replaced the entangle effect that erinyes have with animate rope lesser spell-like ability.