Edit History

tbgg

tbgg

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: +0

Carrying Capacity: 120 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 240 lb.
8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +2
Save: +4
Acrobatics: +2
Slight-of-Hand: +2
Stealth: +2
14 (+4) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +5
16 (+5)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Inspiration: 1/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

Before the Re-Enactment

Mery turns wide eyes to the man, completely startled by his offer. "Oh, umm, I was just doing what anyone would have done - using what talents I have to try to make a difference. I'm Mery Keryndon, and I came to town for Ispin's funeral. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'll tell you what - I kind of need to get down to the re-enactment right now, but once the festivities are over, if you want to drop by the Brass Crab, I'll take you up on that offer. Alcohol doesn't really agree with me, but if we can find something non-alcoholic, you're welcome to buy me a drink. Maybe we can chat about life in Vogler."

Once she's learned the man's name, she heads down to the re-enactment, giving a friendly wave as she goes.

At the Re-Enactmentment

Deciding to let those of her friends who can handle melee combat handle the closest mercenaries, she seeks one in the rear her arrows can hit, and her attention settles on the one behind the mercenary who tried to attack Hunni. Nocking an arrow, she takes a moment to release her fear, then aims at the rider and looses, breaking out into a grin when the arrow strikes true! It doesn't seem to do a ton of damage, but she'll take what she can get.

"Take that, you betraying bugger!"

Fragments of a pre-Cataclysmic Ergothan battle song about Corij, the Ergothan name for Kiri-Jolith, float into her mind, and so she looks at Artanis and sings them, deciding to inspire the young knight.

🎵When your enemy presses in hard, do not fear
The battle belongs to Corij 🎶
🎵Take courage my friend, your redemption is near
🎵And we sing glory and honor,
Power and strength to Corij🎶

OOC

Action:  Shoot an arrow at Merc #5

Bonus Action: Inspire Artanis - 1d6

Movement: —

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

20 arrows in quiver, 3 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration
  • Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)

OOC

Music Credit: The Battle Belongs to the Lord, by Jamie Owens-Collins with a few amendments by me to make it appropriate for Dragonlance.

tbgg

tbgg

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14

16 (+5)

Before the Re-Enactment

Mery turns wide eyes to the man, completely startled by his offer. "Oh, umm, I was just doing what anyone would have done - using what talents I have to try to make a difference. I'm Mery Keryndon, and I came to town for Ispin's funeral. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'll tell you what - I kind of need to get down to the re-enactment right now, but once the festivities are over, if you want to drop by the Brass Crab, I'll take you up on that offer. Alcohol doesn't really agree with me, but if we can find something non-alcoholic, you're welcome to buy me a drink. Maybe we can chat about life in Vogler."

Once she's learned the man's name, she heads down to the re-enactment, giving a friendly wave as she goes.

At the Re-Enactmentment

Deciding to let those of her friends who can handle melee combat handle the closest mercenaries, she seeks one in the rear her arrows can hit, and her attention settles on the one behind the mercenary who tried to attack Hunni. Nocking an arrow, she takes a moment to release her fear, then aims at the rider and looses, breaking out into a grin when the arrow strikes true! It doesn't seem to do a ton of damage, but she'll take what she can get.

Fragments of a pre-Cataclysmic Ergothan battle song about Corij, the Ergothan name for Kiri-Jolith, float into her mind, and so she looks at Artanis and sings them, deciding to inspire the young knight.

Power and strength to Corij.🎶,

OOC

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration
  • Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)

OOC

Music Credit: The Battle Belongs to the Lord, by Jamie Owens-Collins with a few amendments by me to make it appropriate for Dragonlance.

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+5)

Before the Re-Enactment

At the Re-Enactmentment

OOC

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+5)

Before the Re-Enactment

At the Re-Enactmentment

Deciding to let those of her friends who can handle melee combat handle the closest mercenaries, she seeks one in the rear her arrows can hit, and her attention settles on the one behind the mercenary who tried to attack Hunni. Nocking an arrow, she takes a moment to release her fear, then aims at the rider and looses, breaking out into a grin when the arrow strikes true! It doesn't seem to be a ton of damage, but she'll take what she can get.

OOC

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+5)

Before the Re-Enactment

At the Re-Enactmentment

Deciding to let those of her friends who can handle melee combat handle the closest mercenaries, she seeks one in the rear her arrows can hit, and her attention settles on the one behind the mercenary who tried to attack Hunni. Nocking an arrow, she takes a moment to release her fear, then aims at the rider and looses, breaking out into a grin when the arrow strikes true! It doesn't seem to be a ton of damage, but she'll take what she can get.

OOC

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+5)

Before the Re-Enactment

At the Re-Enactmentment

OOC

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+5)

Before the Re-Enactment

At the Re-Enactmentment

Deciding to let those of her friends who can handle melee combat handle the closest mercenaries, she seeks one in the rear her arrows can hit, and her attention settles on the one behind the mercenary who tried to attack Hunni. Nocking an arrow, she takes a moment to release her fear, then aims at the rider and looses.

Post completion pending dice rolls.

OOC

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration

OOC