Chapter 1

fabulist

Theodore Benson | HP 20/20 | AC: 15 |  Condition: Next village

spacer.pngTheo hummed "I'll get to work"

Theo took a deep breath focused his thoughts and went to work

~~~

Work Results

~~~

The old man was fortunate Theo had some spirit guides as backup as with their help they managed to clean and patch up the old man (11 plus guidance of 3 makes the DC)

The two with the fevers were easily treated.

Theo did have to use some magic to heal the remaining 4 (two spell slots consumed) however one of the spell slots he used was to create good berries and fed them to people to make sure they would fully recover

At the end Theo was minorly exhausted but the work was complete

Theo exhaled "that should keep all here off death's doorstep." He stated

Name
Healing 1
1d20+5 6
Guidance boost
1d4 3
Healing 2
1d20+5 18
roll
1d20+5 16
Healing 4
1d20+5 3
roll
1d20+5 3
roll
1d20+5 9
Healing 7
1d20+5 8

• 2 weeks later...

Panna crouched down with the two in fever, but didn't dare to touch them. She was worried sick but she was apparently afraid of something. While Theo treated them, a smile spread on her face, and as soon as he was done, she sat down and took their hands without a word. The two hugged her and the three were lost in being together.

Endrean left Theo to do his job, and went around to assist with the buildings. He returned a few minutes after Theo finished. "The folks told me you did what you could. Thank you for your aid. We don't have healers here, they mostly make a living in town. ... What's the situation in Breakstone? Who's in charge there? We have no idea what caused this landslide, there are so many possible reasons. The rain is one, but we haven't had anything this bad in living memory."

Theodore Benson | HP 20/20 | AC: 15 |  Condition: task cleared

spacer.pngTheo exhaled "breakstone practically half gone now from what I saw. Not fully sure who's in charge but the guy who recruited me, Herbreth, seemed to organize the group he gathered pretty well. However after doing some of the critical healing work there. I just followed Panna to here on her request without clearing it with him so he might be a bit upset with me when he and the others catch up or when I check in with him if I decide to go back to Breakstone. Although considering all the healing work I did today I think he might let it slide." He chuckled lightly on the whole slide line but then realized his line was inappropriate considering the current situation and he lightly bopped himself in the mouth. "Bad theo." He snapped at himself then exhaled "anyways you all got me for the time being until this mess is cleared up."

Theo hummed "as for the slide I’m no expert on deducing why something happen but I'm thinking the rain and possibly the mining might have been a cause of it.

"Well, if you are versed in arcane lore, you could have a look at the slide's starting line, people always whisper about witches and hags. If nothing else, it will make them feel safer, hmmm? Also, there's a grotto just a little further north of here, and folks say they've seen ... strange and scary people there. If you have the time, that is, but return to Breakstone if you have to."

Theodore Benson | HP 20/20 | AC: 15 |  Spell Slots: 1/1 Condition: new task - investigate the slide

spacer.pngTheo paused for a moment in thought. Having been raised in a coven of 'witches' himself he took slight offense at the assumption that witches and hags had something to do with the slide however a memory surfaced of some of the elder's teachings saying that most fear what they do not know and the magic the coven does is often considered unknown because they prefer to keep their knowledge of ancient magic pacts and agreements out of the hands of those they do not trust and while most in their particular coven uses magic for the greater good, there are some in other covens who seek to use magic for their own personal gain and sometimes might even use it for evil.

"I'll take a look, at the slide line" He stated evenly "I know some arcane lore and what to look for to tell if the slide was caused by magic or was a natural event waiting to happen due to other reasons accelerated by use of magic and if magic is involved, I will investigate those strange and scary people just to put people's minds at ease."