Creed, the Beast of Varna

W0LF

27 minutes ago, W0LF said:

@Michael Entered into the post above with the tables

Ahh, I see what you did there. I appreciate the effort to scale the powers, but instead do this:

Lesser powers: Flight (from fiend) and spider climb. 1/day at 2nd, 3/day at 4th, at will at 6th. Spider climb as per the spell, flight 10min/lvl

Standard powers: Dominate Person. 1/day at 3rd, 3/day at 6th, at will at 9th

Fast healing at 3rd lvl

Children of the night (full strength) at 5th lvl

You can have your full strength wis drain bite from 1st lvl

Make these changes to your table and app looks good.

Since Creed is not a true fiend, he has some special rules:

At start of game your type will change to prime bound fiend.

• Outsider progression for HD type, saves, BAB, skills
  • Fast Healing 1 per minute.  Combat useless, but means you pretty much heal up out of combat
  • Immune to dismissal, banishment, cannot be hedged by protection spells etc.
  • Not bound by the blood war
  • Creed doesn't get a medallion since true name magic doesn't work on him
  • You have some memories of your previous selves. You receive a +15 racial bonus to knowledge, the old planes. This skill is of no help whatsoever regards the Prime plane.
  • You will never gain the summon ability of your races
  • To go up a level, you must drain to 0 wis a good aligned creatures of at least your level - 1. Level up is immediate
  • You DO NOT gain the special polymorph, but I will the wings can fold under a cloak or similar so he can pass for human.

Thanks!

On 5/26/2023 at 3:43 PM, Michael said:

I'm fine with the wis drain, but not clear on the advancement because I dont have access to the source. What's the LA of a dhampir, and what are it's abilities and attribute mods? Also your table doesnt have any LA levels in it. On LA levels you get no BAB, saves, skills and such from the monster side of the gestalt.

Let's keep with Con drain.

I just re-read the entry and the Wis drain comes from a touch or slam, not bite.

• 2 weeks later...

@W0LF where's the +2 temp strength from? (on your sheet)

Also, shouldn't the pin be next round, since it counts as an attack? I'm leaving it as is for now because one of the purposes of this combat is to shake the cobwebs off my rules knowledge.

Edited by Michael (see edit history)

He Shifted as a free action, gives him +2 Str

Razorclaw elite gives two claw attacks at the end of a charge. You can substitute attacks for grapple attempts, hence the touch attack to initiate grapple, then pin 🙂

• 5 months later...

Level Two... I lost my excel sheet with the build ideas... re-working

1. Monk / Dhampir: HD d8 BAB +1. Saves 2/2/2. Level Monk 1 Abilities, Level 1 Dhampir Abilities, Darkness 3/day
2. Monk / Dhampir: HD d8 BAB +2. Saves 3/3/3. Level Monk 2 Abilities, Level 2 Dhampir Abilities

Edited by W0LF (see edit history)
Name
HP
1d4+4 2

• 3 weeks later...
Creed

image.png.57103fdc7d22e2c93fab9e38b72337ff.png.569bb3cb42ffd9a2c1a19ea8f646de1d.png.ebb8cbbb11f4c04b-20f9d3922412263bd66b56.png.73f03a446a9091d4ce0be3357579fe39.png.563e2fffc0662e1f06124ebf9eddbf4f.pngCreed HP: 18/18 Saves: Fort 8, Ref 8, Will 3  AC: 16, 15 (touch), 13 (flat-footed)
Initiative: +7, Speed: 40', Low Light Vision: 60ft, Search: +5, Spot: +9, Listen: +9, Hide: +10, MS: +10, Swim +4

Creedsays, "words here"