Edit History

Gregorotto

Gregorotto

Mariposa's rebuke of the leaders of the Order of the Gauntlet is met with silence, amused from most of them, near offense from the up until now friendly dwarf. None the less, they head onward, promising to do what they can to heal and move things about.

At Najya's suggestion she can "make it quick," Story's tail stops moving entirely. He is not offended, exactly, but apprehensive. Eku nods, realizing it is meant as a mercy, and both listen as Brox explains his background and how he could be useful and how best he can service the group. "That will do. Our guide Eku is interested in destroying all undeath we find, but we otherwise do not seek out conflict without reason. I am curious about your creations, about your relation to the group here and to the temple if you yourself are not a priest, friend Brox. I am also of Port Nyanzaru, though I imagine our circumstances are quite different." The tabaxi Story from the Smoke's tail begins to whip more quickly. Soon it is suggested they split up: Brox and Brigg collect supplies for both the healing and for the trip, and the rest either explore or go to the medical tent. Eku divides the duo up. "I will go with Brox and Brigg, explain our general purpose more clearly; Story, go with Cyrienne and Mariposa into the medical tent. See if you can soothe with your cat-like grace." Story frowns at this, but obeys.

Najya gets a sense of things around camp. Those not being observed are aloof, but exhausted; those being observed are hypervigilant, terrified of being caught doing something wrong. There's almost nowhere to hide things, almost nowhere to have any privacy. This place is as much a prison as it is a refuge.spacer.png

Beacon and Cora join them, heading to the medical tent, wanting to get a sense of how many are safe to take with them.

The tent is dark, the smell miserable and putrid, that of death and disease: it is the single worst smell in the camp. Three attendants treat six patients overall, with two more under sheets, recently dead. Dressed in soiled white robes, the leader, a tattooed half-elf with bushy hair and sallow eyes, comes closer, her arms bound in red string, an immediate tell to Cyrienne that this is a priestess of the Suffering God, Ilmater. She pulls back her hood, coughs, and bows.

"Wish the circumstances were better, but I am Sister Cyas, of Ilmater. Who among you needs treatment, newcomers? You all look well."

It is Beacon that speaks up. "None of us, and quite the contrary. We're newcomers and we've reached an accord with Commander Breakbone: we'll take what sick can be taken to Port Nyanzaru, and our associates Cyrienne and Mariposa have come to see if they can help with the sick or dying."

Sister Cyas' eyes light up, flashing unnaturally as a halo appears above her head: she is not a half-elf after all. "By all means: whatever you need, please help. If you can save even one of our patients, you'll be doing better than the Commander ever could." Here, Najya notes nothing out of place, but the despair and discomfort on the faces of the two assistant healers is quite obvious even to her. The sick here have few wounds, and most of them are ill. Two are near death: she can offer them a kind of mercy, but will Sister Cyas allow it?

spacer.pngElsewhere, Brox and Brigg speak to one another in private while Eku gathers what she assumes are needed supplies. In time the healing supplies are sent to the field hospital, and Eku explains in more detail what they are doing. "We are headed to Orolunga, to seek the oracle there. She is hidden to most, and I know of her, but we have never met. Her wisdom will tell us where we can find the source of the Death Curse that wracks our world, and how we can stop it. That is the purpose of their expedition, straight-forwardly. We have many options. In truth, we've encountered the Zhentarim, so I suspect there will be other groups interested in finding the truth here in Chult... or at least, finding what they seek. if you two are to join our expedition, it would be in your best interest to know things. Brox, your technological knowledge will be useful: we've encountered fanciful traps in ruins that we will inevitably find again. As for you, Brigg, you seem to be of this land: I can tell from your clothes and comfort in general. This is your land, too. It is in all of our interests to end this curse and the threats herein."

Whatever the case, at mess that night she brings out the map, as the group reunites, so they can discuss their plans.

"We head westward, towards Orolunga. Unfortunately, there is a ledge, a massive cliff, that gets in our way. No longer will we need the boats, for they will not take us there: the river ends here, at the Aldani Basin, a day's walk from here. Four days through the jungle or five around it, we will arrive at Mbala, which takes us upward a thousand feet. It will be dangerous: we will need to be clever or we run the risk of falling to our dooms. Then, it is a straight shot westward to Orolunga. Or.... there is another way."

She moves her finger down the map., following the River Tath, as the map says. "The other place we can cross is the Gorge of Death, Ataaz Kahakla. It has signs of ages past, terrible beasts but also great beauty. Hard to cross, but not as dangerous as Mbala's heights. It is a longer trek through the jungle, and we might require boats if we want to follow the river, but I leave the choice to you all." And she does.

Gregorotto

Gregorotto

Mariposa's rebuke of the leaders of the Order of the Gauntlet is met with silence, amused from most of them, near offense from the up until now friendly dwarf. None the less, they head onward, promising to do what they can to heal and move things about.

At Najya's suggestion she can "make it quick," Story's tail stops moving entirely. He is not offended, exactly, but apprehensive. Eku nods, realizing it is meant as a mercy, and both listen as Brox explains his background and how he could be useful and how best he can service the group. "That will do. Our guide Eku is interested in destroying all undeath we find, but we otherwise do not seek out conflict without reason. I am curious about your creations, about your relation to the group here and to the temple if you yourself are not a priest, friend Brox. I am also of Port Nyanzaru, though I imagine our circumstances are quite different." The tabaxi Story from the Smoke's tail begins to whip more quickly. Soon it is suggested they split up: Brox and Brigg collect supplies for both the healing and for the trip, and the rest either explore or go to the medical tent. Eku divides the duo up. "I will go with Brox and Brigg, explain our general purpose more clearly; Story, go with Cyrienne and Mariposa into the medical tent. See if you can soothe with your cat-like grace." Story frowns at this, but obeys.spacer.png

Beacon and Cora join them, heading to the medical tent, wanting to get a sense of how many are safe to take with them.

The tent is dark, the smell miserable and putrid, that of death and disease: it is the single worst smell in the camp. Three attendants treat six patients overall, with two more under sheets, recently dead. Dressed in soiled white robes, the leader, a tattooed half-elf with bushy hair and sallow eyes, comes closer, her arms bound in red string, an immediate tell to Cyrienne that this is a priestess of the Suffering God, Ilmater. She pulls back her hood, coughs, and bows.

"Wish the circumstances were better, but I am Sister Cyas, of Ilmater. Who among you needs treatment, newcomers? You all look well."

It is Beacon that speaks up. "None of us, and quite the contrary. We're newcomers and we've reached an accord with Commander Breakbone: we'll take what sick can be taken to Port Nyanzaru, and our associates Cyrienne and Mariposa have come to see if they can help with the sick or dying."

Sister Cyas' eyes light up, flashing unnaturally as a halo appears above her head: she is not a half-elf after all. "By all means: whatever you need, please help. If you can save even one of our patients, you'll be doing better than the Commander ever could."

spacer.pngElsewhere, Brox and Brigg speak to one another in private while Eku gathers what she assumes are needed supplies. In time the healing supplies are sent to the field hospital, and Eku explains in more detail what they are doing. "We are headed to Orolunga, to seek the oracle there. She is hidden to most, and I know of her, but we have never met. Her wisdom will tell us where we can find the source of the Death Curse that wracks our world, and how we can stop it. That is the purpose of their expedition, straight-forwardly. We have many options. In truth, we've encountered the Zhentarim, so I suspect there will be other groups interested in finding the truth here in Chult... or at least, finding what they seek. if you two are to join our expedition, it would be in your best interest to know things. Brox, your technological knowledge will be useful: we've encountered fanciful traps in ruins that we will inevitably find again. As for you, Brigg, you seem to be of this land: I can tell from your clothes and comfort in general. This is your land, too. It is in all of our interests to end this curse and the threats herein."

Whatever the case, at mess that night she brings out the map, as the group reunites, so they can discuss their plans.

"We head westward, towards Orolunga. Unfortunately, there is a ledge, a massive cliff, that gets in our way. No longer will we need the boats, for they will not take us there: the river ends here, at the Aldani Basin, a day's walk from here. Four days through the jungle or five around it, we will arrive at Mbala, which takes us upward a thousand feet. It will be dangerous: we will need to be clever or we run the risk of falling to our dooms. Then, it is a straight shot westward to Orolunga. Or.... there is another way."

She moves her finger down the map., following the River Tath, as the map says. "The other place we can cross is the Gorge of Death, Ataaz Kahakla. It has signs of ages past, terrible beasts but also great beauty. Hard to cross, but not as dangerous as Mbala's heights. It is a longer trek through the jungle, and we might require boats if we want to follow the river, but I leave the choice to you all." And she does.