Edit History

Spektor

Spektor

Mariposa-removebg-preview.png.1c1b2e8df2cb5abe5fea4acba3ffccca.pngMariposa

Faun Druid of Dreams (3)

checked-shield.svgAC: 17 (Shield) | health-normal.svg HP: 21/21 | awareness.svg PP: 15 | WS: 0/2 | Spell Slots | Insp | Languages: Common, Druidic, Elvish, Sylvan

Day 20: Vengeance, Ending

Mari nodded emphatically at Cyas, “It would be fair to say so.” The Faun put her hand to her mouth to coyly stifle a melodic giggle. “Oh, you ARE the novelty. Are we all not novel in our own ways?” She peered to Cyrienne as the woman spoke of the relationship between gods and goddesses, and when she was motioned to regarding some sort of envy about a brother, Mariposa merely shrugged. “I am often envious of many people, but I do not know anyone’s brother. At least, I don’t think so…” She taps her chin thoughtfully with a long lilac fingernail. “…but I have always wanted a sister. So in a way, I suppose I am envious.” Clearly the Faun is not educated in the religion of the whims.

Later that night as they made a plan, Brigg questioned her about the Dream. “Hmm? You would know more? What a curious, fluffy man you are. Yes. I dance through the Dreaming like no other; I pull the figments of your aspirations and fears; I make them become a part of this dream. You shall see. Mayhaps I will visit your dreams this evening, if you would only invite me in.” She gave the bugbear a mischievous grin. Then, when Story spoke of her playful pronouncements of Mbala’s name, she ran her long fingernails through the fur on his arm endearingly while taking on a singsong tone. “I bring delight wherever I might, and where I do not, they still like me a lot.” She giggled another melodic sound.

Day 21: Short Goodbyes

Mariposa was likewise tearful even before Cora began speaking. To the little gnome the Faun was quick to give a strong embrace, lifting her up and twirling her in a circle. “I will miss you so very much, Gumdrop! Take my love and take my tears, use them when you need them most.” Whatever that meant was very unclear. She made her way to Beacon, clearly attempting to reign in her welling emotions. “I know that you did not enjoy my games and fun, yet still, dear Beacon, I like you a ton. May I embrace you?” She extended her hands outwards in an open invitation with hopes that he might accept at least just once.

Another set of goodbyes came as they prepared for the trek out of Camp Vengeance. To Ord, Mariposa gave a sentimental look of gratitude. “You are so very kind, sir. I wish to also give you a gift.” She fished in her pack and pulled out a small bell hung from a basic string. The bell was clearly broken, as its sound was more of a ‘tink’ than a jingle. “This was found and passed on by an ancient Fey. It holds within it a deep seated power that reveals itself to those who do good deeds. Take it, and remember us.” As they walked away, if Mariposa was questioned about the bell she would’ve shrugged, “I found it lying on the street in Port Nyanzaru. It means nothing to me. But it may now mean something to him. The power within it is the ability to make people do good deeds by thinking it has power.” She giggled happily.

After setting up her spot in the camp, Mariposa stepped to its edge to watch the passing Thunder Lizards. There, beside Cyrienne, she looked endearingly at the priestess of beauty and quickly leaned in for a peck on the cheek. But by the time Cyrienne looked back to her, she had already changed her shape into that of the obsidian-furred panther and had darted towards the clearing’s tree line. She stopped only once to look back with her lilac-rimmed eyes before bounding into the jungle to earn the night’s dinner. What had she said earlier? Something about bringing figments into this dream?

Day 22: Ptera-ble Encounters

Mariposa was humming a cheerful tune when the shouts of surprise came. She raised a hand to part the curtain of silvery hair to reveal her drooping cervine ears that perked up at the distant sound. “Curious. This click and whine, it sort of reminds me of-“ She did not have time to finish before the attack played out. Whipping magical stones towards her enemies and healing rhymes to her allies, Mariposa supported her allies in the ensuing battle. 

Afterwards, she peered curiously at the not-dragonborn when he clicked and whistled again. Her nostrils flared as she sniffed the air, “What a thing to say!” She pretended to be offended, putting a hand to her mouth in surprise. She did not understand the language, of course, but she pretended all the same. Story did most of the talking, as was probably necessary, and when the time came for them to camp together Mari was more than willing to learn more about her new friends — especially the unique one.

She approached Dragonbait with a bright smile and a bow of deference, “Hello! What a unique language you use. It is much like the Thunder Lizards do! Are you of their kin? I have never seen someone like you before!” And when Cyrienne came to her with an idea for bewitching their new friends with their beauty, she could think of no greater fun to be had that evening. She even offered up the intoxicating fruit that she had saved from long ago, preserved by Eku's skills (or perhaps, magic?) 

Day 23: Thay follow…

Mari had shifted into a black-and-white coated lemur to climb into the small hiding place, and when the zombies appeared, she leapt silently to  the nearby branch of a tree to watch curiously. Noting Dragonbait’s hand movements, she quirked her primate head to one side, her big lilac eyes following his line of sight. When the red-robed wizard appeared, she darted even further up the tree and peeked from the canopy, as any startled primate might. 

Once they were supposedly safe, Mari shifted back to her Faun form and listened to the conversation shared between the rest of her party. “Oh no! Red Wizards of They? The absolute worst, I think. The worst part being, of course, who really knows who 'They' are? No one. The mystery is the scary part!" Clearly the Faun knew little -- if anything -- about Thay. But that did not stop her from trying to pretend she understood.

Day 24: A Steady Ascent

The day finally came when the party reached the dreaded cliffs that hoisted the city of Mbala high above. Mari was quick to alert Brigg that he would see the dream. "You have seen my figments before, but now you will witness the dream of the spider as you have asked about, once upon a time. If it shall be of any aid to you, I will be sure to lay webs where I can to catch any silly stumblers." She smiled brightly and began to sway, twirling her gnarled wooden staff around her, its strange dangling fetishes jingling as she moved it. Around her the world seemed to grow hazy, like she was fading away into a lilac blur. She swayed her hips side to side and whispered a low limerick in Sylvan. Within a few moments she had taken on the form of a Giant Spider with colorful patterns across its furry form. With a joyful chittering, Mari-spider skittered up the side of the cliffs, spewing web in areas that might act as a sticky safeguard for any who had trouble ascending.
However, once they had all finally reached the trail pointed out by Eku, Mari quickly learned how winded she was from the ascent and her web weaving. Shifting back to her Faun form, she breathed heavily and swept away the beads of sparkling sweat that were already forming across her brow. “Oh me, oh my, I do not think I can continue further. Can we not take a nap here? I think I will be needing a nap, yes, yes.” Of course, there was no time for such things, especially in a place as dangerous as Chult. She would continue on, but at a slow and unsteady pace.

OoC

Day 21: Hunting (really well apparently)

Day 22: Rolled two attacks, although I’m not much of a fighter. Then I will give Cyrienne advantage on her checks for the Cimber and Deagonbait.

Day 23: Using Wild Shape to become a cute little Lemur

Day 24: Using Wild Shape to become a giant spider. I don’t know if it helps but I can shoot webs to protect anyone who falls, assuming there are tall enough trees or something to create a net of some sort.

Then I’m going to fail my Athletics check and take Exhaustion.

Spektor

Spektor

Mariposa-removebg-preview.png.1c1b2e8df2cb5abe5fea4acba3ffccca.pngMariposa

Faun Druid of Dreams (3)

checked-shield.svgAC: 17 (Shield) | health-normal.svg HP: 21/21 | awareness.svg PP: 15 | WS: 0/2 | Spell Slots | Insp | Languages: Common, Druidic, Elvish, Sylvan

(WIP, checking rolls)