Edit History

Modest_Proposal

Modest_Proposal

Cecil Brandybuck

Cecil had dreamt last night of Gladden Fields. It was a soft dream, without weight or texture. He floated in mist, seeing shapes at the edge of a river. Terrible and cheerful it was while he listened for familiar sounds.

His journey would not be over until he returned there. And it appeared he would have to wait.

“Can goblins not be reasoned with?” Cecil asked before immediately regretting it. He wanted to shout that he shouldn’t even be here. With each utterance, it became more obvious. Instead, he muttered, twisting his palm uncomfortably into his chair, “This is all really too much…”

He felt the eyes of his companions pressing on him and in that moment, he could not but remember their stalwartness and how little they asked of him.

“Master Hartfast. I traveled by the request of Radagast and that I have done. But I am not a soldier. My stick I use for walking and my bow for hunting. I do not hunt goblins - I've never even see a goblin... I would be of no use in a fight. But I can climb and I am patient. I would not fight them even if you asked me to. But I can help in other ways."

Modest_Proposal

Modest_Proposal

Cecil Brandybuck

Cecil had dreamt last night of Gladden Fields. It was a soft dream, without weight or texture. He floated in mist, seeing shapes at the edge of a river. Terrible and cheerful it was while he listened for familiar sounds.

His journey would not be over until he returned there. And it appeared he would have to wait.

“Can goblins not be reasoned with?” Cecil asked before immediately regretting it. He wanted to shout that he shouldn’t even be here. With each utterance, it became more obvious. Instead, he muttered, twisting his palm uncomfortably into his chair, “This is all really too much…”

He felt the eyes of his companions pressing on him and in that moment, he could not but remember their stalwartness and how little they asked of him.

“Master Hartfast. I traveled by the request of Radagast and that I have done. But I am not a soldier. My stick I use for walking and my bow for hunting. I do not hunt goblins - I've never even see a goblin... I would be of no use in a fight. But I can climb and I am patient. I would not fight them even if you asked me to. But I can help in other ways."