Edit History

Modest_Proposal

Modest_Proposal

Cecil Brandybuck

Cecil did not visit the storehouse. There would be no armor for hobbits among men, and what there was for dwarves would be wide and stoutly weighted. He contented himself with this, knowing that to accept armor was in some way to accept a future he did not want to know. 

He topped off his pack with whatever crumbs of bread and jam he could salvage.

“Well, Hartfast, old fellow, I’m afraid your hospitality has spoiled me! Warm nights, soft beds, and that wonderful soup with the little mushrooms. You truly are a remarkable people at the top of all things.” He handed the man a cut of rope with a nautical tie. “Please give this to Lachiel. As long as this thread remains tied, so will we. If she should, on her travels, visit the Shire, she would do well to show them. They will know who gave it to her.”

He turned to Dahr-Ol.

“Buck and rabbits cannot easily hide in these hills. If they are there, we will find them.” 

Modest_Proposal

Modest_Proposal

Cecil Brandybuck

Cecil did not visit the storehouse. There would be no armor for hobbits among men, and what there was for dwarves would be wide and stoutly weighted. He contented himself with this, knowing that to accept armor was in some way to accept a future he did not want to know. 

He topped off his pack with whatever crumbs of bread and jam he could salvage.

“Well, Hartfast, old fellow, I’m afraid your hospitality has spoiled me! Warm nights, soft beds, and that wonderful soup with the little mushrooms. You truly are a remarkable people at the top of all things.” He handed the man a cut of rope with a nautical tie. “Please give this to Lachiel. As long as this thread remains tied, so will we. If she should, on her travels, visit to the Shire, she would do well to show them. They will know who gave it to her.”

He turned to Dahr-Ol.

“Buck and rabbits cannot easily hide in these hills. If they are there, we will find them.”