Edit History

Cecil Brandybuck

A bitterness swelled in Cecil against his companions - of their eagerness to fight. What drove them to charge? Glory in death? Bloodthirst? Delusion? It had nearly ended them. The Beorning laid beside him, shattered and wheezing. He put his hand on the man's chest, careful to avoid his gash.

"Dahr-Ol, we could not save him. The man who ran." He surprised himself with the flatness of his voice. He felt fear and hope at a dull distance. "His name was Walar."

What was their fate? There was no guarantee of safety at Mountain Hall. Orcs stirred there as they left. Would there be anything to return to? The more he thought, the farther from home he became. His chest tightened. He could see their terrible faces, black and bleeding. He was convinced of it - Mountain Hall had fallen. They were alone. He tipped his head, and with only enough care to whisper, sang to himself.

A wind did turn

Down Red Horn Pass

As I was sleeping

In the grass

It tumbled over

Mountains tall

And or’ the Walls

Of Mountain Hall

Title

I'm still enjoying making tracks of Cecil's songs on Udio, so I've attached one to this post. If anyone has a problem with them, I'll stop. I know it's silly.

I write the lyrics unaided. And with my care, Udio puts them to music. Since they have different singing voices, you might consider some of them to be renditions.

Cecil Brandybuck

A bitterness swelled in Cecil against his companions - of their eagerness to fight. What drove them to charge? Glory in death? Bloodthirst? Delusion? It had nearly ended them. The Beorning laid beside him, shattered and wheezing. He put his hand on the man's chest, careful to avoid his gash.

"Dahr-Ol, we could not save him. The man who ran." He surprised himself with the flatness of his voice. He felt fear and hope at a dull distance. "His name was Walar."

What was their fate? There was no guarantee of safety at Mountain Hall. Orcs stirred there as they left. Would there be anything to return to? The more he thought, the farther from home he became. His chest tightened. He could see their terrible faces, black and bleeding. He was convinced of it - Mountain Hall had fallen. They were alone. He tipped his head, and with only enough care to whisper, sang to himself.

A wind did turn

Down Red Horn Pass

As I was sleeping

In the grass

It tumbled over

Mountains tall

And or’ the Walls

Of Mountain Hall

Title

I'm still enjoying making tracks of Cecil's songs on Udio, so I've attached one to this post. If anyone has a problem with them, I'll stop. I know it's silly.

I write the lyrics. And with my care, Udio puts them to music. Since they have different singing voices, you might consider some of them to be renditions.

Cecil Brandybuck

A wind did turn

Through Red Horn Pass

As I was sleeping

In the grass

It tumbled over

Mountains tall

And or’ the Walls

Of Mountain Hall

Title

I write the lyrics. And with my care, Udio puts them to music. Since they have different singing voices, you might consider some of them to be renditions.