Edit History

Modest_Proposal

Modest_Proposal

Cecil Brandybuck

Cecil curled his toes down through the soil and let them spread. After days of hard-rooted forests, he was back amongst the hills and enjoying every moment of it - at least until he encountered the fort ruins. He did not dwell on what manner of creature could splinter wood so horribly. In those moments, he walked closer to Dahr-Ol and spoke of the Shire; the way the sunset rose over the hills like the weight of a pendulum clock and the Hobbit’s love of tarry songs.

“There’s a song for everything. Every little stone. The way smoke swirls out a bowl pipe. The cranky wheels of Hamfast's barrow.”

He sung a few to Dahr-Ol, trying to impress him with tales of places he’d hoped were strange to him:

“Oh, the day was long and the catch was low.

Leave her, Sancho, leave her!

I guess it’s time for us to go!

It’s time for us to leave her!

Beware the cricket song, I say.

They’ll steal your eyes and your boat away!

There’s Hildibrand Kook and his fisherman stare!

And Buckle-B Fer’, the old man there!”

All while he sang, he raised his pipe to any who'd look. "You know, I am tending important business around here. But I hope it's not found too soon."

Modest_Proposal

Modest_Proposal

Cecil Brandybuck

Cecil curled his toes into the soil and let them spread. After days of hard-rooted forests, he was back amongst the hills and enjoying every moment of it - at least until he encountered the fort ruins. He did not dwell on what manner of creature could splinter wood so horribly. In those moments, he walked closer to Dahr-Ol and spoke of the Shire; the way the sunset rose over the hills like the weight of a pendulum clock and the Hobbit’s love of tarry songs.

“There’s a song for everything. Every little stone. The way smoke swirls out a bowl pipe. The cranky wheels of Hamfast's barrow.”

He sung a few to Dahr-Ol, trying to impress him with tales of places he’d hoped were strange to him:

“Oh, the day was long and the catch was low.

I guess it’s time for us to go!

Beware the cricket song, I say.

They’ll steal your eyes and your boat away!

There’s Hildibrand Kook and his fisherman stare!

And Buckle-B Fer’, the old man there!”

All while he sang, he raised his pipe to any who'd look. "You know, I am tending important business around here. But I hope it's not found too soon."