Edit History

BlueTrillium

BlueTrillium

unknown.png

Ed: 1 | He: 3 | Ir: 2 | Sh: 2 | Wi: 1

Mom: 4 (10/2) | Health: 5 | Spirit: 5 | Supply: 5
Tarric

"I have," Tarric nodded gravely. "In the service of Radagast, and yes, quite some time ago. I find it... difficult to think on directly though. The darkness gathers, and--" he paused, struggling to put it into words that somewhat make sense when spoken out loud. "I feel sometimes it sees me when I try."

His hand, still linked with Olwinne's, tightened briefly. "You should know, it is hard to remember that time. Some of what I remember has since been proven false. Some things I do not remember have been found true. Pieces of that time are missing. I will do my best, but I fear my knowledge is... not entirely reliable."

spacer.png"I was not there, on that trip," Olwinne spoke to take some of the burden of words from her husband. "We were not yet wed at that time -- I was still trying to get the oblivious lug to stand still long enough for me to ask." She bumped shoulders with him at the joke that sounded well-worn with repetition. Tarric smiled warmly at the reminder. "But I was one of those that helped bring him back afterward. I can use an axe, and he's survived me patching him up all these years since, so I think I can be useful."

"Between Olwinne's axe and my claws, we will seek out Dol Goldur and reveal its secrets," Tarric vowed. "If we discover what truly happened all that time ago, so much the better. Our efforts are committed to this cause."

OOC/Mechanics

Mostly just setting up links between the past trip to Dol Goldur and Tarric's new Shadow-Walk abilities. I'm intending to flavor them as bits of remembering (or trying to remember) that time, so the shadows are more psychological than physical, most likely. I'm hoping we can twist whatever actually happened back then in whichever way we need it for this story.

Will roll to Swear an Iron Vow with heart (rank Extreme) -- rolled below. Got an 8 vs the challenge dice of 3 and 1. Strong Hit. We are emboldened and it is clear what we must do next. +2 Momentum -- now 4/10.

Assets

Berserker - (Combat Talent)
When you Secure an Advantage or Compel by embodying your wild nature, add +1, and take +1 momentum on a hit.
When you Strike or Clash by unleashing your rage (decide before rolling), inflict +1 harm on a hit. Then, choose one:
------ Push yourself: Endure Harm (1 harm)
------ Lose yourself: Endure Stress (1 stress)
When you Endure Harm in a fight, and your Health is above zero, you may let the pain inflame your wildness (decide before rolling). If you then score a strong hit and choose to embrace the pain, take +momentum equal to your remaining Health. A weak hit counts as a miss.

Wayfinder - (Path)
When you Undertake a Journey, take +1 momentum on a strong hit. If you burn momentum to improve your result, also take +1 momentum after reset.
When you Secure an Advantage or Gather Information by carefully surveying the landscape or scouting ahead, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
When you Swear an Iron Vow to safely guide someone on a perilous journey, you may reroll any dice. When you Fulfill Your Vow and mark experience, take +1 experience.

Talisman - (Ritual)
When you fashion a charm, envision it and name the specific person or creature it protects against. Then roll +wits.
------ On a strong it, when the wearer opposes the target through a move, add +2. If a one is rolled on the action die while making a move using the charm, the magic is spent.
------ On a weak hit, as above, but the wearer adds +1 when making a move (instead of +2).
As above, and you may instead fashion a charm which aids the wearer against all supernatural threats, such as mystic rituals or horrors.
When you perform this ritual, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.

Shadow-walk - (Ritual)
When you cloak yourself with the gossamer veil of the shadow realms, roll +shadow. On a strong hit, take +1 momentum. Then, reroll any dice (one time only) when you make a move by ambushing, hiding, or sneaking. On a weak hit, as above, but the shadows try to lead you astray. You must first Face Danger to find your way.
As above, and you may also travel along the hidden paths of the shadow realms to Undertake a Journey using +shadow (instead of +wits). If you do, Endure Stress (1 stress) and mark progress twice on a strong hit.

Progress

▥= 1 tick, ▦= 2 ticks, ▩= 3 ticks, = full

Vow: Investigate Dol Goldur (Extreme)
Failure:
Vow: name (rank)
Bonds:

Bond 1: Olwinne his wife
Bond 2: Rhosgobel villagers/friends
Bond 3: Idunn
Bond 4: Woodmen-town
Bond 5: Bróin/Vara
Experience: ◍ = have, = used

Completed Vows: Rescue the Missing Hunters (T), Deal with the Spiders (D), Defend the Woodmen (F)
Completed Scenes: Destroy the Spider Nest (F), Convince the Elvenking (D), Defend the Western Walls (T)
Completed Combats: Boss Spider (F), Orc Warband (D), Stealthy Orc Infiltrators (T)
Completed Journeys: To Forest Gate (D)

BlueTrillium

BlueTrillium

unknown.png

Mom: 2 (10/2) | Health: 5 | Spirit: 5 | Supply: 5
Tarric

"I have," Tarric nodded gravely. "In the service of Radagast, and yes, quite some time ago. I find it... difficult to think on directly though. The darkness gathers, and--" he paused, struggling to put it into words that somewhat make sense when spoken out loud. "I feel sometimes it sees me when I try."

His hand, still linked with Olwinne's, tightened briefly. "You should know, it is hard to remember that time. Some of what I remember has since been proven false. Some things I do not remember have been found true. Pieces of that time are missing. I will do my best, but I fear my knowledge is... not entirely reliable."

spacer.png"I was not there, on that trip," Olwinne spoke to take some of the burden of words from her husband. "We were not yet wed at that time -- I was still trying to get the oblivious lug to stand still long enough for me to ask." She bumped shoulders with him at the joke that sounded well-worn with repetition. Tarric smiled warmly at the reminder. "But I was one of those that helped bring him back afterward. I can use an axe, and he's survived me patching him up all these years since, so I think I can be useful."

"Between Olwinne's axe and my claws, we will seek out Dol Goldur and reveal its secrets," Tarric vowed. "If we discover what truly happened all that time ago, so much the better. Our efforts are committed to this cause."

OOC/Mechanics

Mostly just setting up links between the past trip to Dol Goldur and Tarric's new Shadow-Walk abilities. I'm intending to flavor them as bits of remembering (or trying to remember) that time, so the shadows are more psychological than physical, most likely. I'm hoping we can twist whatever actually happened back then in whichever way we need it for this story.

Will roll to Swear an Iron Vow with heart (rank Extreme)

Assets

When you Secure an Advantage or Compel by embodying your wild nature, add +1, and take +1 momentum on a hit.
When you Strike or Clash by unleashing your rage (decide before rolling), inflict +1 harm on a hit. Then, choose one:
When you Endure Harm in a fight, and your Health is above zero, you may let the pain inflame your wildness (decide before rolling). If you then score a strong hit and choose to embrace the pain, take +momentum equal to your remaining Health. A weak hit counts as a miss.

Wayfinder - (Path)
When you Undertake a Journey, take +1 momentum on a strong hit. If you burn momentum to improve your result, also take +1 momentum after reset.
When you Secure an Advantage or Gather Information by carefully surveying the landscape or scouting ahead, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
When you Swear an Iron Vow to safely guide someone on a perilous journey, you may reroll any dice. When you Fulfill Your Vow and mark experience, take +1 experience.

Talisman - (Ritual)
When you fashion a charm, envision it and name the specific person or creature it protects against. Then roll +wits.
------ On a strong it, when the wearer opposes the target through a move, add +2. If a one is rolled on the action die while making a move using the charm, the magic is spent.
------ On a weak hit, as above, but the wearer adds +1 when making a move (instead of +2).
As above, and you may instead fashion a charm which aids the wearer against all supernatural threats, such as mystic rituals or horrors.

Shadow-walk - (Ritual)
When you cloak yourself with the gossamer veil of the shadow realms, roll +shadow. On a strong hit, take +1 momentum. Then, reroll any dice (one time only) when you make a move by ambushing, hiding, or sneaking. On a weak hit, as above, but the shadows try to lead you astray. You must first Face Danger to find your way.
As above, and you may also travel along the hidden paths of the shadow realms to Undertake a Journey using +shadow (instead of +wits). If you do, Endure Stress (1 stress) and mark progress twice on a strong hit.

Progress

Failure:
Bonds:

Completed Vows: Rescue the Missing Hunters (T), Deal with the Spiders (D), Defend the Woodmen (F)
Completed Scenes: Destroy the Spider Nest (F), Convince the Elvenking (D), Defend the Western Walls (T)
Completed Combats: Boss Spider (F), Orc Warband (D), Stealthy Orc Infiltrators (T)

BlueTrillium

BlueTrillium

unknown.png

Mom: 2 (10/2) | Heart: 5 | Spirit: 5 | Supply: 5
Tarric

"I was not there, on that trip," Olwinne spoke to take some of the burden of words from her husband. "We were not yet wed at that time -- I was still trying to get the oblivious lug to stand still long enough for me to ask." She bumped shoulders with him at the joke that sounded well-worn with repetition. Tarric smiled warmly at the reminder. "But I was one of those that helped bring him back afterward. I can use an axe, and he's survived me patching him up all these years since, so I think I can be useful."

OOC/Mechanics

Will roll to Swear an Iron Vow with heart (rank Extreme)

Assets

Wayfinder - (Path)

Talisman - (Ritual)

Shadow-walk - (Ritual)

Progress

Failure:
Bonds: