Edit History

Arklytte

Arklytte

1 hour ago, Djacob91 said:

Yea, trying to redo formats in this system was probably the most annoying part of moving the BALDR. Not that I have actually done anything over here aside from what I have done in this game so far. But when you are used to copy/pasting a basic format that this system has no understanding of.., it took a bit to redo it in a manner that worked here.

Yep!

When I first started putzing around with it, I literally spent hours and hours trying to get even something basic together.  Something that would normally have taken me under a minute on OGMW, I literally could not do here.

I was...not happy, and may or may not have expressed it more than a little loudly (and not very politely) in a couple of places here.

Eventually, I managed to get some of the basics down, but it took far too long to manage.  I mean, FFS, I have multiple certifications in computer hardware, software, machine languages, etc, and I've worked in the IT industry for a couple decades.  I've been working with computers since they used frikken punch cards!  And yet, I couldn't even put together a simple form without getting incredibly frustrated.  I cant tell you how many times I literally threw my hands in the air, ranted out loud at my desk, and was forced to get up and walk away from my laptop, because I was in serious danger of committing violence...I was that irritated.

So, in hopes of sparing others that frustration, I thought, since I managed something incredibly basic, but that still looked halfway decent, I'd share.  🙂

tl;dr: WYSIWYG editors SUCK, and the fact that we are forced to use one, because Mobile Uber Alles, just pisses me right the heck off.

Arklytte

Arklytte

1 hour ago, Djacob91 said:

Yea, trying to redo formats in this system was probably the most annoying part of moving the BALDR. Not that I have actually done anything over here aside from what I have done in this game so far. But when you are used to copy/pasting a basic format that this system has no understanding of.., it took a bit to redo it in a manner that worked here.

Yep!

When I first started putzing around with it, I literally spent hours and hours trying to get even something basic together.  Something that would normally have taken me under a minute on OGMW, I literally could not do here.

I was...not happy, and may or may not have expressed it more than a little loudly (and not very politely) in a couple of places here.

Eventually, I managed to get some of the basics down, but it took far too long to manage.  I mean, FFS, I have multiple certifications in computer hardware, software, machine languages, etc, and I've worked in the IT industry for a couple decades.  I've been working with computers since they used frikken punch cards!  And yet, I couldn't even put together a simple form without getting incredibly frustrated.  I cant tell you how many times I literally threw my hands in the air, ranted out loud at my desk, and was forced to get up and walk away from my laptop, because I was in serious danger of committing violence...I was that irritated.

So, in hopes of sparing others that frustration, I thought, since I managed something incredibly basic, but that still looked halfway decent, I'd share.  🙂

tl;dr: WYSIWYG editors SUCK, and the fact that we are forced to use one, because Mobile Uber Alles, just pisses me right the heck off.

Arklytte

Arklytte

Yep!

Arklytte

Arklytte

Yep!