Edit History

PigLickJF

PigLickJF

14 minutes ago, Paxon said:

On a related note, and I'll be sure to make this clear somewhere besides this answer, I am open to a lot of re-fluffing to have things fit the setting. One of the things I was thinking about was including the possibility of mounts being vehicles or otherwise technological version of mounts. They'd need to basically keep similar stats to an animal mount, but I would be open to, for instance, I horse actually being a motorcyle with a very rudimentary AI that you still ride with the Ride skill, handle with beastmastery, etc. You could throw that sucker on a rack on the tank, and pull it out when you need to ride.

That's pretty awesome, and I was actually going to ask about that. Now you're making me want to stick with Beastmaster, lol.

On that note, in terms of companions, do they get feats every level like PCs? Do they get Oath points? Just wondering since the PCs are bumped up quite a bit from standard if the companions get any bumps as well to help them keep up. Also, with the "reskin" above, how would their natural attacks work? Actually, I suppose you could just reskin those as blades, spikes, etc. - not so much the companion actually attacking itself, but you steering.guiding it in such a way as to damage your opponent with the vehicle. Pretty gang cool...

PigLickJF

PigLickJF

2 minutes ago, Paxon said:

On a related note, and I'll be sure to make this clear somewhere besides this answer, I am open to a lot of re-fluffing to have things fit the setting. One of the things I was thinking about was including the possibility of mounts being vehicles or otherwise technological version of mounts. They'd need to basically keep similar stats to an animal mount, but I would be open to, for instance, I horse actually being a motorcyle with a very rudimentary AI that you still ride with the Ride skill, handle with beastmastery, etc. You could throw that sucker on a rack on the tank, and pull it out when you need to ride.

That's pretty awesome, and I was actually going to ask about that. Now you're making me want to stick with Beastmaster, lol.

On that note, in terms of companions, do they get feats every level like PCs? Do they get Oath points? Just wondering since the PCs are bumped up quite a bit from standard if the companions get any bumps as well to help them keep up. Also, with the "reskin" above, how would their natural attacks work? Actually, I suppose you could just reskin those as blades, spikes, etc. - not so much the companion actually attacking itself, but you steering.guiding it in such a way as to damage your opponent with the vehicle.