Edit History

Paxon

Paxon

On 5/21/2022 at 2:15 PM, Demented said:

Would you allow axe kick to work in a Brawler's Flurry?  It says it applies to "Attacks... granted by class features".

It appears that Brawler's Flurry doesn't actually grant an extra attack, simply gives a two-weapon-fighting feat making the penalty for making an extra attack less. So I'm inclined to say no.

Second, how many machine guns does the tank have?  A strict reading of the "4 facing each direction" could potentially be read as 4 guns per facing, which would make the tank resemble a Crusader-pattern Land Raider.  Even if you go with 4 guns total, split one per side, a reading of the crew positions strongly implies at least two more, one pintle mounted on the cupola and one mounted co-axially to the main gun.

I was being a little bit vague, in a sense I'm kind of allowing a MG where needed within reason. But I think to better specify, there will be one pointing each direction (4), plus the coaxial to main gun one (5), and then there is a cupola mount which basically includes the launcher, the hook&pully, and a place for an additional weapon I was leaving open. This will be determined by the PCs as we begin, either using one of their weapons, chipping in for a MG up there, or building something during play. So that is 5 MGs built in, and an additional slot for one more likely heavy weapon version. I'll correct to make that more clear.

Third, how much ammo does the tank carry?  The loader can forge ammo for the MGs, but there's no stated limit to how long they or the main gun can fire, which would make this a waste of actions.

I need to add some stuff around main cannon rounds. I also wanted to integrate some different ammunition types there that can be purchased/scavenged. Dumdum ammunition for the main cannon can also be forged, and the tank will have capacity for 30 stored rounds. For the built in machine guns, I purposely kept it abstract, using the "uses per day" designation from the technician versions of these. You have 12 uses per day across all these built in MGs, firing however many rounds narratively makes sense in a long burst. After that, you're out of ammo for these specialty guns. So the loader being able to make more ammo replenishes uses per day. 

You can't take full attack actions with a weapon that takes a full round action to shoot.

Good point. I tried to fuse together rules here serving two slightly different systems (Paizo and Sphers) and it didn't quite mesh. I need to think just a little on how best to resolve, I'll come back to this.

Fifth, I'd like to request for the addition of underbarrel grenade launchers/shotguns, as well as HEAT and HEDP grenades, to give an emergency punch against big nasty beasties when out on foot.  And hand grenades.

I'll consider it. These were included in the modern firearm rules I took a lot of this from, but I had a few concerns. It may be reasonable, given everything else already in there.

Also, what's the reflex DC for explosive grenades and rockets?

I'm going to use 15. I'll make a note of that too.

The multiple grenade launcher is misspelled "Grendade" launcher on the table.

Thanks!

Seventh, by RAW the Rapid Reload feat has no effect on advanced or modern firearms.  Can we get a hour rule that makes it effective?

Yeah, makes sense to do. It will essentially reduce reload to free for most weapons. I think I may need to specify reload on some of the heavy weapons like RPGs if I didn't already. Look out for that in the firearms rules soon.

Sixth, can characters with the Gunsmithing feat create their own starting weapons and claim the price break?

I'm not going to have pre-game crafting, so no on this one. There should be time within the game to do some crafting.

Eighth, if we're taking feats by weapon groups, would Firearms include heavy weapons?  What about siege (tank) weapons?  Or do we need to take separate feats for those?

Use Martial Firearms as a weapon group, and Heavy Weapons as a weapon group. Siege weapons will also be separate, but do know that the Crew is automatically proficient with any weapon added to the Tank as an invention or improvement (but not necessarily a firearm someone adds separately). So you'll be able to fire the tanks main weapons without worrying about proficiency. You'll need to take siege weapon proficiencies if you want to fire other tank guns.

Paxon

Paxon

1 hour ago, Demented said:

Would you allow axe kick to work in a Brawler's Flurry?  It says it applies to "Attacks... granted by class features".

It appears that Brawler's Flurry doesn't actually grant an extra attack, simply gives a two-weapon-fighting feat making the penalty for making an extra attack less. So I'm inclined to say no.

Second, how many machine guns does the tank have?  A strict reading of the "4 facing each direction" could potentially be read as 4 guns per facing, which would make the tank resemble a Crusader-pattern Land Raider.  Even if you go with 4 guns total, split one per side, a reading of the crew positions strongly implies at least two more, one pintle mounted on the cupola and one mounted co-axially to the main gun.

I was being a little bit vague, in a sense I'm kind of allowing a MG where needed within reason. But I think to better specify, there will be one pointing each direction (4), plus the coaxial to main gun one (5), and then there is a cupola mount which basically includes the launcher, the hook&pully, and a place for an additional weapon I was leaving open. This will be determined by the PCs as we begin, either using one of their weapons, chipping in for a MG up there, or building something during play. So that is 5 MGs built in, and an additional slot for one more likely heavy weapon version. I'll correct to make that more clear.

Third, how much ammo does the tank carry?  The loader can forge ammo for the MGs, but there's no stated limit to how long they or the main gun can fire, which would make this a waste of actions.

I need to add some stuff around main cannon rounds. I also wanted to integrate some different ammunition types there that can be purchased/scavenged. Dumdum ammunition for the main cannon can also be forged, and the tank will have capacity for 30 stored rounds. For the built in machine guns, I purposely kept it abstract, using the "uses per day" designation from the technician versions of these. You have 12 uses per day across all these built in MGs, firing however many rounds narratively makes sense in a long burst. After that, you're out of ammo for these specialty guns. So the loader being able to make more ammo replenishes uses per day. 

You can't take full attack actions with a weapon that takes a full round action to shoot.

Good point. I tried to fuse together rules here serving two slightly different systems (Paizo and Sphers) and it didn't quite mesh. I need to think just a little on how best to resolve, I'll come back to this.

Fifth, I'd like to request for the addition of underbarrel grenade launchers/shotguns, as well as HEAT and HEDP grenades, to give an emergency punch against big nasty beasties when out on foot.  And hand grenades.

I'll consider it. These were included in the modern firearm rules I took a lot of this from, but I had a few concerns. It may be reasonable, given everything else already in there.

Also, what's the reflex DC for explosive grenades and rockets?

I'm going to use 15. I'll make a note of that too.

The multiple grenade launcher is misspelled "Grendade" launcher on the table.

Thanks!

Seventh, by RAW the Rapid Reload feat has no effect on advanced or modern firearms.  Can we get a hour rule that makes it effective?

Yeah, makes sense to do. It will essentially reduce reload to free for most weapons. I think I may need to specify reload on some of the heavy weapons like RPGs if I didn't already. Look out for that in the firearms rules soon.

Sixth, can characters with the Gunsmithing feat create their own starting weapons and claim the price break?

I'm not going to have pre-game crafting, so no on this one. There should be time within the game to do some crafting.

Eighth, if we're taking feats by weapon groups, would Firearms include heavy weapons?  What about siege (tank) weapons?  Or do we need to take separate feats for those?

Use Martial Firearms as a weapon group, and Heavy Weapons as a weapon group. Siege weapons will also be separate, but do know that the Crew is automatically proficient with any weapon added to the Tank as an invention or improvement (but not necessarily a firearm someone ads separately). So you'll be able to fire the tanks main weapons without worrying about proficiency. You'll need to take siege weapon proficiencies if you want to fire other tank guns.