Edit History

Knave

Knave

2 hours ago, Shen said:

My actual first thought was "professor of something mundane quits his job at one university to start working at Oxford, only to almost immediately get caught up in supernatural shenanigans and end up joining the monster-hunting society with the students."

Though an alternative I could also do is an older man who managed to get into an Oxford college to try to get into a new profession, who similarly finds themselves drawn to the club after a monster encounter.

Both these concepts work. You often find mature students doing Medicine or Law as a career change.

However, as I mentioned to matt_s in his thread, I did imagine the society to be primarily undergrad students, so if a lot of applications are faculty or mature students, not all of them may make it.

Knave

Knave

31 minutes ago, Shen said:

My actual first thought was "professor of something mundane quits his job at one university to start working at Oxford, only to almost immediately get caught up in supernatural shenanigans and end up joining the monster-hunting society with the students."

Though an alternative I could also do is an older man who managed to get into an Oxford college to try to get into a new profession, who similarly finds themselves drawn to the club after a monster encounter.

Both these concepts work. You often find mature students doing Medicine or Law as a career change.

However, as I mentioned to matty_s in his thread, I did imagine the society to be primarily undergrad students, so if a lot of applications are faculty or mature students, not all of them may make it.