Edit History

Hades-666

Hades-666

On 3/25/2024 at 11:43 AM, Malkavian Grin said:

The bribe is the game's way of spending resources to bypass a mechanic. We could try the mind trick, but those aren't permanent. Eventually he'll realized he was talked into doing a dangerous (to him) thing by giving rookies powerful explosives. Could mean bad future mojo for you and gear if there's a sudden tax...

In my eyes, Mind Trick can be really strong but it leaves a paper trail of emotional damage. That comes with its own problems. 😈

You could instead with a good Persuasion check talk him into getting a "bribe's worth" of something on Cato Neimoidia... Likely a bag of drugs from the Hutt's palace.

The reason I mention mind trick was because its specifically states the follow "You make an otherwise unpalatable suggestion seem completely reasonable to the target. You must be able to communicate with the target, and the suggestion can't obviously threaten the target's life. The target won't realize later that what they did is unacceptable"

However I appreciate the mechanic of a roll during downtime. Roll below.

Persuade the quartermaster

Persuade the Quartermaster

roll

sorry the second roll didn't show up until I did the third roll 😒

Hades-666

Hades-666

The bribe is the game's way of spending resources to bypass a mechanic. We could try the mind trick, but those aren't permanent. Eventually he'll realized he was talked into doing a dangerous (to him) thing by giving rookies powerful explosives. Could mean bad future mojo for you and gear if there's a sudden tax...

In my eyes, Mind Trick can be really strong but it leaves a paper trail of emotional damage. That comes with its own problems. 😈

You could instead with a good Persuasion check talk him into getting a "bribe's worth" of something on Cato Neimoidia... Likely a bag of drugs from the Hutt's palace.

The reason I mention mind trick was because its specifically states the follow "You make an otherwise unpalatable suggestion seem completely reasonable to the target. You must be able to communicate with the target, and the suggestion can't obviously threaten the target's life. The target won't realize later that what they did is unacceptable"

Persuade the Quartermaster

roll:1d20+9

Hades-666

Hades-666

Persuade the Quartermaster:1d20+9

space saver for further text...

Hades-666

Hades-666

space saver for further text...