Edit History

PureChance

PureChance

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 19 (Chainmail, Shield +1) | HP: 22/22 () | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 17 (+3) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis nods solemnly at Decius' words regarding his vows. He too, felt the weight of the Oath upon his shoulders. One needed no Measure to know what was right here. Otherwise he listens as his fellows persuade the Mayor of the urgency of the situation. When Lord Barakis arrives he takes note of both the man and Ser Becklin's response carefully. Without Becklin's disapproval, he may have presumed the man simply boisterous rather than buffoonish. Either way, he was disappointingly unlike he'd imagined a noble Lord should act (though apparently without the malice of his son). It was clear that no particular support would be offered on that front, and the task of leading any force would continue to fall to Ser Becklin, Cudgel, and apparently their party. Jeyev, the lieutenant that Cudgel had brought back, seemed far more capable. The man as clearly a trained soldier, and Paladine knew the town could use all the help on that front.

Still, as was proper Artanis introduced himself simply to the Lord with a short bow, "Ser Artanis Brightblade, my Lord. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. We only did what was right."

The talk of parlay takes him by surprise, at least until Kai's comment about a trap. Perhaps he was too naive - on consideration it certainly seems much more likely. Especially given both the stories of Takhisis and their prior deeds in hiring Gragonis. In which case, he had no choice but to attend as a guard, even if camaraderie did not already compel it. "You'll have my sword too at this meeting, though hopefully it won't be needed. As my comrades have suggested, I believe there will be no true parlay with these forces of darkness - not without complete submission. I'm also surprised by their timing. I wonder if it was the same patrol we saw earlier?" he suggests

Turning to the rest of the room he asks "Perhaps, Lord Barakis, you have a chief of staff who is skilled in logistical manners, and able to help co-ordinate the town's evacuation? It is important that we don't cause a panic."

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 5) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 3/3 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

PureChance

PureChance

Human Knight of Solamnia 

Str: 17 (+3) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)

Artanis nods solemnly at Decius' words regarding his vows. He too, felt the weight of the Oath upon his shoulders. One needed no Measure to know what was right here. Otherwise he listens as his fellows persuade the Mayor of the urgency of the situation. When Lord Barakis arrives he takes note of both the man and Ser Becklin's response carefully. Without Becklin's disapproval, he may have presumed the man simply boisterous rather than buffoonish. Either way, he was disappointingly unlike he'd imagined a noble Lord should act (though apparently without the malice of his son). It was clear that no particular support would be offered on that front, and the task of leading any force would continue to fall to Ser Becklin, Cudgel, and apparently their party. Jeyev, the lieutenant that Cudgel had brought back, seemed far more capable. The man as clearly a trained soldier, and Paladine knew the town could use all the help on that front.

Still, as was proper Artanis introduced himself simply to the Lord with a short bow, "Ser Artanis Brightblade, my Lord. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. We only did what was right."

The talk of parlay takes him by surprise, at least until Kai's comment about a trap. Perhaps he was too naive - on consideration it certainly seems much more likely. Especially given both the stories of Takhisis and their prior deeds in hiring Gragonis. In which case, he had no choice but to attend as a guard, even if camaraderie did not already compel it. "You'll have my sword too at this meeting, though hopefully it won't be needed. As my comrades have suggested, I believe there will be no true parlay with these forces of darkness - not without complete submission. I'm also surprised by their timing. I wonder if it was the same patrol we saw earlier?" he suggests

Turning to the rest of the room he asks "Perhaps, Lord Barks, you have a chief of staff who is skilled in logistical manners, and able to help co-ordinate the town's evacuation? It is important that we don't cause a panic."

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 5) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Class Features:

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

PureChance

PureChance

Human Knight of Solamnia 

Artanis nods solemnly at Decius' words regarding his vows. He too, felt the weight of the Oath upon his shoulders. One needed no Measure to know what was right here. Otherwise he listens as his fellows persuade the Mayor of the urgency of the situation. When Lord Barkakis arrives he takes note of both the man and Ser Becklin's response carefully. Without Becklin's disapproval, he may have presumed the man simply boisterous rather than buffoonish. Either way, he was disappointingly unlike he'd imagined a noble Lord should act (though apparently without the malice of his son). It was clear that no particular support would be offered on that front, and the task of leading any force would continue to fall to Ser Becklin, Cudgel, and apparently their party. Jeyev, the lieutenant that Cudgel had brought back, seemed far more capable. The man as clearly a trained soldier, and Paladine knew the town could use all the help on that front.

The talk of parlay takes him by surprise, at least until Kai's comment about a trap. Perhaps he was too naive - on consideration it certainly seems much more likely. Especially given both the stories of Takhsis and their prior deeds in hiring Gragonis. In which case, he had no choice but to attend as a guard, even if camaraderie did not already compel it. "You'll have my sword too at this meeting, though hopefully it won't be needed. As my comrades have suggested, I believe there will be no true parlay with these forces of darkness - not without complete submission. I'm also surprised by their timing. I wonder if it was the same patrol we saw earlier?" he suggests

Turning to the rest of the room he asks "Perhaps, Lord Barks, you have a chief of staff who is skilled in logistical manners, and able to help co-ordinate the town's evacuation? It is important that we don't cause a panic."

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Class Features: