Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

On This Magetag, the 23rd Day of Brookgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Tuesday, March 23, 351 AC)

The 3rd Day of the Campaign - Noon

Captured Lieutenant!

When Mery inspects the handkerchief, she notices that the stitching shows no sign of tampering—at least not in the way she suspected, but then she realizes that there is a third layer inside it. It’s not paper, and not backing, like she initially thought. Ever so slightly rough patches she suddenly realizes are embroidered letters in the inner, third layer.

Carefully removing the stitching, she removes the silk inner lining held only by a couple of stitches on each side. Sewn with purple silk thread into the white silk of the lining, is the following message.

Pmcyide Qukjlpwp,

Xtm hhqtwc’e aknrpe vuvi hro aipqiyip tw tqfkiy frpmt alp cip kqifwp wfwpl, yyoid bjl apwgaug tee tr rzqux zq Xqtyfr’d Eeutqymp tr Winhqly. Vqknhmx jsgz jlvteesm pvx ld Wqz Opgsppxm, dbx ld Pmla Tmnsixtg, Ieczrqau vj Qzpwmvo—e mlvava qyde sgbuphp Vexiohr. Esi swxlvyzv an Mhplxez ipk xsp sfpgy rzmpqa voicp autn rrzh cact ipzyhq pcpv lyh szglr pjie. Bjl Jpcvap hhqtwc ua pv qzci mvf di yz pavilv slzq ipfxstrs bq milc jdwo alpx. M iiu h jzzp fw jhzp usuvgk xsp Vql Fyerzr Mzof aspr ub vvsv zyd pqti ty ijqnl. M slh fw mlia fw eihl, ffe M zmxlv txesqplh jzy’p nqspzh mz ua mszewfmrz eyo juoja jzc xtmo, asz. Jsg lqu’x slzq bq mmrsx rwt alp Cip Lthkzy Edua hrjxsdm! Hsip qvau voitc ihqn jefdi mvf lwnltq jcjo ez Omtctey! Vmdq-Lvptel bzqaine cac hysx Eewpkzmd lrp bjl hplxt ajl atwp nzkuk, xj fqtqcio oegojaic.

Jsgz nvztyk rivoic, Dmd Ukjllpp Rwnries.

Meanwhile, the Lieutenant doffs her armor, in compliance with her captors’ demand without complaint. “Well, lead the way,” she says.

OOC
  • spacer.pngLieutenant Folketh (alternatively: just “Lieutenant”, “Dame Michelle”, or “Ser Michelle”) :: HP 40 :: AC 19 (splint, shield) :: SV +3 / +4 / +2 / +1 / +4 / +1 :: Skills Athletics +4, Perception +4

Vigenere Decoder

You might guess that the key word is . . .. . . monogrammed right on the handkerchief: Michelle.

The Encyphered Message

Dearest Michelle,

The family’s signet ring and pedigree is hidden under the red cobble stone, under the welcome mat in front of Telwyn’s Tailorie in Kalaman. Reclaim your heritage not as Ser Michelle, but as Lady Michelle, Baroness of Folketh—a barony just outside Kalaman. The governor of Kalaman and the other nobles there will know your blonde hair and green eyes. The Ferroh family is no more and we no longer have anything to fear from them. I was a fool to have joined the Red Dragon Army when it took our home in exile. I had to keep us safe, but I never imagined you’d follow in my footsteps and fight for them, too. You don’t have to fight for the Red Dragon Army anymore! Flee from their evil cause and escape back to Kalaman! Kiri-Jolith protect you from Takhisis and the death she will bring, my beloved daughter.

Your loving father, Sir Michael Folketh.

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

On This Magetag, the 23rd Day of Brookgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Tuesday, March 23, 351 AC)

The 3rd Day of the Campaign - Noon

Captured Lieutenant!

When Mery inspects the handkerchief, she notices that the stitching shows no sign of tampering—at least not in the way she suspected, but then she realizes that there is a third layer inside it. It’s not paper, and not backing, like she initially thought. Ever so slightly rough patches she suddenly realizes are embroidered letters in the inner, third layer.

Carefully removing the stitching, she removes the silk inner lining held only by a couple of stitches on each side. Sewn with purple silk thread into the white silk of the lining, is the following message.

Pmcyide Qukjlpwp,

Xtm hhqtwc’e aknrpe vuvi hro aipqiyip tw tqfkiy frpmt alp cip kqifwp wfwpl, yyoid bjl apwgaug tee tr rzqux zq Xqtyfr’d Eeutqymp tr Winhqly. Vqknhmx jsgz jlvteesm pvx ld Wqz Opgsppxm, dbx ld Pmla Tmnsixtg, Ieczrqau vj Qzpwmvo—e mlvava qyde sgbuphp Vexiohr. Esi swxlvyzv an Mhplxez ipk xsp sfpgy rzmpqa voicp autn rrzh cact ipzyhq pcpv lyh szglr pjie. Bjl Jpcvap hhqtwc ua pv qzci mvf di yz pavilv slzq ipfxstrs bq milc jdwo alpx. M iiu h jzzp fw jhzp usuvgk xsp Vql Fyerzr Mzof aspr ub vvsv zyd pqti ty ijqnl. M slh fw mlia fw eihl, ffe M zmxlv txesqplh jzy’p nqspzh mz ua mszewfmrz eyo juoja jzc xtmo, asz. Jsg lqu’x slzq bq mmrsx rwt alp Cip Lthkzy Edua hrjxsdm! Hsip qvau voitc ihqn jefdi mvf lwnltq jcjo ez Omtctey! Vmdq-Lvptel bzqaine cac hysx Eewpkzmd lrp bjl hplxt ajl atwp nzkuk, xj fqtqcio oegojaic.

Jsgz nvztyk rivoic, Dmd Ukjllpp Rwnries.

Meanwhile, the Lieutenant doffs her armor, in compliance with her captors’ demand without complaint. “Well, lead the way,” she says.

OOC
  • spacer.pngLieutenant Folketh (alternatively: just “Lieutenant”, “Dame Michelle”, or “Ser Michelle”) :: HP 40 :: AC 19 (splint, shield) :: SV +3 / +4 / +2 / +1 / +4 / +1 :: Skills Athletics +4, Perception +4

Vigenere Decoder

You might guess that the key word is . . .. . . monogrammed right on the handkerchief: Michelle.

The Encyphered Message

Dearest Michelle, the family’s signet ring and pedigree is hidden under the red cobble stone, under the welcome mat in front of Telwyn’s Tailorie in Kalaman. Reclaim your heritage not as Ser Michelle, but as Lady Michelle, Baroness of Folketh—a barony just outside Kalaman. The governor of Kalaman and the other nobles there will know your blonde hair and green eyes. The Ferroh family is no more and we no longer have anything to fear from them. I was a fool to have joined the Red Dragon Army when it took our home in exile. I had to keep us safe, but I never imagined you’d follow in my footsteps and fight for them, too. You don’t have to fight for the Red Dragon Army anymore! Flee from their evil cause and escape back to Kalaman! Kiri-Jolith protect you from Takhisis and the death she will bring, my beloved daughter. Your loving father, Sir Michael Folketh.