Warin The Patient

alchemical_rogue

I am working on making an Inquisitive Technician that joined the Dragon. He'll have Computer and Craft Skills and run a youtube channel as his profession. He builds robots and other knick-knacks, being a general handy-man. As a Bee, he will probably take an extra point in Coduit, Distant Vision, and the Spirit Projection. His Virtue is Temperance, but his Vice is Pride (which rubs up with the Dragon's humility in the face of fate). I am kind of waiting on the rest of the information to be flushed out to finish building him, but I have started with the Hunter and added as much Bee as I can so far.

Warin the patient

Warin couldn't believe it had only been a week. He had been working to build his YouChute following, posting regular videos of things he built for fun. He ran a pretty successful handy-man service that he inherited from his uncle. Warrin went to college and earned a degree in Software Engineering with a minor in Robotics. Most people didn't understand the difference, but Warin mostly just did what he enjoyed. Growing up, he was building stuff with his uncle from a very young age. Mostly it was rebuilding cars or small appliances, but as Warin got older, he became more interested in computers. He discovered modular components and started helping his uncle reprogram boards that had gone bad in more modern equipment. This earned them quite a large client base as they could work on things from the 70s up through modern times between them. Warin was a sponge taking in most of it easily enough.

But as inevitably happens when you spend a lot of time on YouChute, Warin recently found himself spiraling down a rabbit trail of intrigue related to the supernatural. He started just laughing at how serious some people took it, but as he dug, he found more and more that seemed too convenient. He found links to external sites that he checked the back-end of and couldn't find any way these people were faking it or any reason for them to fake it if they were. This tangent of course lasted well into the night and he found himself all but falling asleep at his computer when suddenly something strange seemed to happen to him. He awoke the next day changed, unsure if this was real or just some weird dream. He was then recruited by the dragons, a shadowy organization with mysterious motives. Now that he had found the truth, he couldn't go back. He was ready to stand in the gap between the supernatural and everyone else. He found himself being sent to a small island off the coast of Maine that has recently become blanketed by a thick fog that has apparently cut it off from the rest of the world. At once knowing far more than he ever imagined about the truth of this world, and yet feeling like he still don't know nearly enough, Warin stumbles into the zombie-infested town of Kingsmouth seeking answers for both the dragons and himself.

Edited by alchemical_rogue (see edit history)

Mentioning Temperance and Pride suggests thay you're working with the nWoD/HtV 1e rules. We'll be using Chronicles of Darkness/HtV 2e (with some stuff haphazardly carried over from nWoD), but not to worry. There's a free document that outlines the rules update, and if you can afford it, the 2e HtV rulebook PDF is currently on sale for about 25% off on DriveThruRPG. Even if you can't, I have both editions and will be happy to help update you on the rule changes.

I have them all, I've been trying to figure out which book is which. I got them as a humble bumble a while back with both versions, but they didn't seem clearly labeled to me.

I would appreciate a pointer to a good Character Sheet though, as that is much harder for me to find.

Edited by alchemical_rogue (see edit history)

Okay, yeah, it is kind of annoying that they went and made the 1e and 2e books look identical for everything. Like, come on guys, this was more than incorporating some errata. As for character sheets, MW has a built-in one for nWoD/CoD, though it's genericized for the whole system and requires manual labelling. I have some PDF form ones though, if you'd rather, that I can send you later once I get off work.

EDIT: It's after work, and I found this site.

Edited by lizfrerot (see edit history)

Yeah I had found that and was using it. It has the drop down menus for 2nd Ed with the Virtues and Vices that I had selected that aren't compatible with actual 2e. It looks like there is a 2e for WoD and a 2e for CoD to add to the confusion. Maybe I just don't know the history well enough. I will use the "blank" sheet here and fill in the details needed. Thanks for your help figuring out which is the right version.

I think that the drop downs were just carried over since the current "options" for those fields are essentially freeform. I believe you can type in whatever you like to those fields. But yeah, I find it convenient to use the MW sheets when available just for the convenience of being able to share them easily with the GM.

Edited by lizfrerot (see edit history)

I added my character sheet to the top post. Anyone who is a little more familiar, please feel free to look through and let me know what you think of the crunch so far. I will type up more of the flavor as I am able. I have a pretty good idea of who he is.