Edit History

BlackHat

BlackHat

image.png.8bbe572759cd0e0eb3fb10d347b7cf2d.png

Rehyk the Ruined, Hand of Ansegdniss
Blood -1, Courage +0, Grace +0, Sense +1, Wisdom +2, Doom +2

"As you rightly discern, you stand at the crossroads of your fate - and you stand divided, fighting amongst yourselves, rather than preparing for your true enemy."

"I have not come to tell you that you must stand against the Lucens. That decision remains firmly within your own hands. My purpose here is to ensure that you comprehend the profound cost entailed by whichever choice you make."

Rehyk turns his attention from the volevod to the other voda in attendance.

"The Emperor's concept of justice, as you now witness, lacks mercy or distinction. None among you were present at Crobyzoi, and none among you sealed the fate of his sorceress. Yet, he now advances upon your lands, seeking to make an example of you, an indelible mark on the annals of history, a message to the world beyond."

"I too seek to make an example of you, one that shall resonate through the corridors of time, etched in the memories of those who continue to carry the torch of defiance. This is the choice before you, a decision not only for your own generation but for the countless generations that shall follow."

The Harbinger turns his glowing eyes back to the volevod, "So, tell us how you wish your People to be remembered." Rehyk lifts his hand so that the room can clearly see the magical ring he bears - the source of his considerable power, which could be felt throughout the hall. A power strong enough to rival the Golden Emperor? Perhaps, but not without requiring a terrible sacrifice. "Only then can we speak of the necessary sacrifices."

OOC

I guess this isn't quite a whole move yet (or laying out a plan yet) but Rehyk will begin by Talking Sense.

When you speak with conviction and ask someone for help, tell us what you want from them and why they should help you. If they're willing to listen, roll.

In this case, Rehyk is asking them to help by telling him what they wish the legacy of their people to be? If they must make a sacrifice, either way, what are their people sacrificing for? Would they prefer to be remembered as warriors who fight to preserve their culture and way of life or as warriors who were defeated before they mustered the courage to raise their swords?

When you appeal to their emotions or their desires, roll +Wisdom.

8 so...

On a 7+, they do as you ask, to the best of their ability.

On a 9-, you owe them a favor. The more you ask of them, the more they'll ask of you, and they can cash in at any time - even right now, before they do as you ask. 

BlackHat

BlackHat

"As you rightly discern, you stand at the crossroads of your fate - and you stand divided, fighting amongst yourselves, rather than preparing for your true enemy."

"I have not come to tell you that you must stand against the Lucens. That decision remains firmly within your own hands. My purpose here is to ensure that you comprehend the profound cost entailed by whichever choice you make."

"The Emperor's concept of justice, as you now witness, lacks mercy or distinction. None among you were present at Crobyzoi, and none among you sealed the fate of his sorceress. Yet, he now advances upon your lands, seeking to make an example of you, an indelible mark on the annals of history, a message to the world beyond."

"I too seek to make an example of you, one that shall resonate through the corridors of time, etched in the memories of those who continue to carry the torch of defiance. This is the choice before you, a decision not only for your own generation but for the countless generations that shall follow."

The Harbinger turns his glowing eyes back to the volevod, "So, tell us how you wish your People to be remembered." Rehyk lifts his hand so that the room can clearly see the magical ring he bears - the source of his considerable power, which could be felt throughout the hall. A power strong enough to rival the Golden Emperor? Perhaps, but not without requiring a terrible sacrifice. "Only then can we speak of the necessary sacrifices."

OOC

I guess this isn't quite a whole move yet (or laying out a plan yet) but Rehyk will begin by Talking Sense.

When you speak with conviction and ask someone for help, tell us what you want from them and why they should help you. If they're willing to listen, roll.

In this case, Rehyk is asking them to help by telling him what they wish the legacy of their people to be? If they must make a sacrifice, either way, what are their people sacrificing for? Would they prefer to be remembered as warriors who fight to preserve their culture and way of life or as warriors who were defeated before they mustered the courage to raise their swords?

BlackHat

BlackHat

"The Emperor's concept of justice, as you now witness, lacks mercy or distinction. None among you were present at Crobyzoi, and none among you sealed the fate of his sorceress. Yet, he now advances upon your homeland, seeking to make an example of you, an indelible mark on the annals of history, a message to the world beyond."

OOC

BlackHat

BlackHat

"The Emperor's concept of justice, as you now witness, lacks mercy or distinction. None among you were present at Crobyzoi, and none among you sealed the fate of his sorceress. Yet, he now advances upon your homeland, seeking to make an example of you, an indelible mark on the annals of history, a message to the world beyond."

OOC