Edit History

Steel Warrior

Steel Warrior

4 minutes ago, Grudge said:

There is a lot of interesting stuff there, now when we have Arena in swing I might make some experimental characters and see how they do. I don't want to grow definitely sounds like the winner for some builds. I will have to go there and check some crazy build. A slightly more sane one might be Half-Ogre Barbarian, barbarian basically needs just Str, Dex, and Con. Use Build points to boost a Dex to a reasonable degree. That thing whacking you with Power Attack with Large Greataxe would be hideous.

By the way, forgot to ask. Warblade 3 II LA 1/Fighter 2, seemed interesting as a maneuver barbarian basically. Hell, it gets maneuvers back by attacking and Fighter is plugging Feat holes left from LA+1 and gives proficiencies. I plan to concentrate on Iron Heart and Stone Dragon since they seem kinda Goliathy, maybe throw in a few White Raven stuff as the buff for others but not too many. The build is far from over, but it takes the shape in my mind.

What is your opinion on the class combo considering the race.

Well, Goliath make good barbarians as well. They have a racial barbarian class levels you can take. When you rage, you become actual large.

All the following are features of the goliath barbarian's racial substitution levels.

Mountain Rage (Ex): A goliath barbarian who takes the 1st-level racial substitution level can tap into the mountain's strength to increase his size and power during a rage. When he rages, his size category increases to Large.

Then you can have someone toss Enlarge on you to become huge.

Steel Warrior

Steel Warrior

2 minutes ago, Grudge said:

There is a lot of interesting stuff there, now when we have Arena in swing I might make some experimental characters and see how they do. I don't want to grow definitely sounds like the winner for some builds. I will have to go there and check some crazy build. A slightly more sane one might be Half-Ogre Barbarian, barbarian basically needs just Str, Dex, and Con. Use Build points to boost a Dex to a reasonable degree. That thing whacking you with Power Attack with Large Greataxe would be hideous.

By the way, forgot to ask. Warblade 3 II LA 1/Fighter 2, seemed interesting as a maneuver barbarian basically. Hell, it gets maneuvers back by attacking and Fighter is plugging Feat holes left from LA+1 and gives proficiencies. I plan to concentrate on Iron Heart and Stone Dragon since they seem kinda Goliathy, maybe throw in a few White Raven stuff as the buff for others but not too many. The build is far from over, but it takes the shape in my mind.

What is your opinion on the class combo considering the race.

Well, Goliath make good barbarians as well. They have a racial barbarian class levels you can take. When you rage, you become actual large.

All the following are features of the goliath barbarian's racial substitution levels.

Mountain Rage (Ex): A goliath barbarian who takes the 1st-level racial substitution level can tap into the mountain's strength to increase his size and power during a rage. When he rages, his size category increases to Large