Edit History

Abberdaggus

Abberdaggus

Oathday, 12 Rova 4719, early afternoon

spacer.pngPendergrast just gives Samrod a blank stare, clearing haven't the faintest idea what he is talking about and quite likely think that the desert warrior is delusional.

You complete your morning preparations, which includes another meal consisting of another helping of dried fruits, tubers and nuts supplies by the Ekujae elves. When you first set out from Akrivel, they were a delicious change from the rather bland rations of dried beef jerky, hard bread and cheese, which is more common in your part of the world, but at this point a slice of cheese on stale bread does not sound so awful. Renali round up some fresh berries from a nearby shrub to add just a twist.

You leave the river and Pendergrasts boat and start to ascend the rocky hills to the east, heading towards the site where Hezles map indicates the nearest remaining dragon pillar to be. The journey soon gets arduous and exhausting in the oppressing heat and the steep ascend, and you are sweating profusely in your combat gear. This is one of these days where your water skins drain quicker than usual.

By noon when the sun reaches the zenith the terrain becomes flatter as you reach a higher plateau in the jungle. The ground becomes soggier and soon after puddles of stale water starts showing in the soft undergrowth. The dense jungle canopy thins exposing you to the searing rays of the sun. Mercifully, clouds begin to creep in with the promise of rains.

After a few more hours during which your pace almost drops to a crawl, you finally reach the site where the dragon pillar is supposed to be. The terrain in this area gives way to thick cloying mud and swampy ground. Shallow puddles lie scattered across the oversaturated earth, the water rising up to fill footsteps and other indentations left in the soil. Droplets slide from leaf to leaf before falling into the puddles, causing the pools to froth and boil. Soft bells sound intermittently between the patter of rain. Then, at long last, you spot the dragon pillar in the middle of a swampy marshland.

Mechanics

I've moved to making maps using Foundry VTT. It has a lot of nice features, not least that all necessary information is collected in one place - saves me tons of time looking thing up. But sadly there is one major feature lacking: Map coordinates. It is meant to be used in real time, and apparently nobody (with programming skills and a lot of free time on their hands) has thought of adding map coordinates to make them more usable in PbP (can't blame them - the system seems to have amazing properties for life gameplay, so PbP seems a bit tame in comparison). Anyway, I hope we can make do without coordinates, though I acknowledge that it requires a bit more detailed explanation on your part to describe movements.

Terrain:

Unlike other parts of the jungle, everything in this map is characterised as swamp terrain. The parts that appear to be "dry" land is still difficult terrain. The wet parts are (at best) greater difficult terrain (assuming it is shallow enough to wade through).

Map

Mwangiencounters75.JPG.9f7d1d6f241ec36248f0d91c0906fc33.JPG

Abberdaggus

Abberdaggus

Oathday, 12 Rova 4719, early afternoon

spacer.pngPendergrast just gives Samrod a blank stare, clearing haven't the faintest idea what he is talking about and quite likely think that the desert warrior is delusional.

You complete your morning preparations, which includes another meal consisting of another helping of dried fruits, tubers and nuts supplies by the Ekujae elves. When you first set out from Akrivel, they were a delicious change from the rather bland rations of dried beef jerky, hard bread and cheese, which is more common in your part of the world, but at this point a slice of cheese on stale bread does not sound so awful. Renali round up some fresh berries from a nearby shrub to add just a twist.

You leave the river and Pendergrasts boat and start to ascend the rocky hills to the east, heading towards the site where Hezles map indicates the nearest remaining dragon pillar to be. The journey soon gets arduous and exhausting in the oppressing heat and the steep ascend, and you are sweating profusely in your combat gear. This is one of these days where your water skins drain quicker than usual.

By noon when the sun reaches the zenith the terrain becomes flatter as you reach a higher plateau in the jungle. The ground becomes soggier and soon after puddles of stale water starts showing in the soft undergrowth. The dense jungle canopy thins exposing you to the searing rays of the sun. Mercifully, clouds begin to creep in with the promise of rains.

After a few more hours during which your pace almost drops to a crawl, you finally reach the site where the dragon pillar is supposed to be. The terrain in this area gives way to thick cloying mud and swampy ground. Shallow puddles lie scattered across the oversaturated earth, the water rising up to fill footsteps and other indentations left in the soil. Droplets slide from leaf to leaf before falling into the puddles, causing the pools to froth and boil. Soft bells sound intermittently between the patter of rain. Then, at long last, you spot the dragon pillar in the middle of a swampy marshland.

Mechanics

Everybody seemed to waiting for everybody else, so I assumed that you are heading for the nearest dragon pillar.

I've moved to making maps using Foundry VTT. It has a lot of nice features, not least that all necessary information is collected in one place - saves me tons of time looking thing up. But sadly there is one major feature lacking: Map coordinates. It is meant to be used in real time, and apparently nobody (with programming skills and a lot of free time on their hands) has thought of adding map coordinates to make them more usable in PbP (can't blame them - the system seems to have amazing properties for life gameplay, so PbP seems a bit tame in comparison). Anyway, I hope we can make do without coordinates, though I acknowledge that it requires a bit more detailed explanation on your part to describe movements.

Terrain:

Unlike other parts of the jungle, everything in this map is characterised as swamp terrain. The parts that appear to be "dry" land is still difficult terrain. The wet parts are (at best) greater difficult terrain (assuming it is shallow enough to wade through).

Map

Mwangiencounters75.JPG.9f7d1d6f241ec36248f0d91c0906fc33.JPG