Edit History

PureChance

PureChance

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 19 (Chainmail, Shield +1) | HP: 19/22 (5 THP) | HD: 2/4 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 17 (+3) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis nods at the expected contents of the box - Darrett so far had proven nothing but helpful, eager and honourable. He would be another fine addition to the Order.

Between them they easily get the box downstairs, to meet Mery and Handsome. He leaves Modri and Lt. Folketh with the box and jumps astride Tiergan, matching pace with a gentle walk. Whilst he lends one ear to the story, he keeps eyes on the town. They've already seen more than one ambush. "I suppose that explains why you've fought with honour, but I'm not sure the rest of the evil gods army follow your code...". They meet a grim looking Coltan at the bottom, and catches up on the news of the invasion already at their doors. "Jeyev was inside the tower, it seems the Ironcalds had more than one traitor in their midst. He got away," he shares curtly with a deep frown, before tracking Coltan's eyes up to the ridge and realising why the smith had seemed distracted to the news. "Ancient Knights of Solamnia!" he exclaims, unconsciously clasping his hand across his chest in salute. His boyish looks shine through at the sight of his heroes, the inspiration for his own journey. He frowns slightly as Mery relates the story of Lord Soth, his enthusiasm dampened at the memory of the mans failure, and the stain upon the Knighthood.

Shortly after, his gaze spots several of the later soldiers gliding into the town, and the sounds of panic reach his ears. He spurs Tiergan forward, and as they round the corner he catches sight of the reason for the towns panic - a monster stands there bedecked in legion armour. Tiergan rears at Artanis command, and the knight unhooks his lance, levelling it at the draconian. [Roll Intimidation]. The sunlight catches on his armour and his tabard flutters in a sudden breeze, as if for a moment, the ancient order upon the clifftop embodies Ser Brightblade. Catching sight of the knight and warhorse about to barrel down upon it - a spectral image made manifest - the Kapak soldier turns and feels, looking for softer targets. With the cries ahead still pulling them to the wharf, Artanis doesn't give chase. "This is the true face of Takhisis, Ser Michelle. The dragon queen does not care for honour, only conquest." Artanis replies coldly as they continue on.

He thanks Coltan as the smith calms the horses, and clears their way through the burning building. As they close upon the wharf, Artanis unhooks his horn and blows a loud, pure note to draw the attention of the attention of the crowd. [Roll Musical Instrument - Horn]. Again it seems almost as if he's channelling the ancients themselves, the Knights of Solamnia from the tales of yore. The rich sound cuts through the panic, drawing the crowds attention to the knight framed against the chaos, a symbol of hope against the darkness.

Playing on his advantage Artanis calls out to the crowd, urging the panicked masses into a semblance of order, exhorting them to help their fellow townsfolk rather than rush for the boats. Reminding them they are better than the selfish forces of evil.

OOC

Action: Intimidation (Critical Success); Horn (Critical Success); Persuasion (Success). 5 successes total.

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d8 + 5) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

RDA Javelin (range, thrown) [10]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage, 1d4 fire damage.

Lance (special). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (1d12 + 5) piercing damage, 1d4 Fire damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 1/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 3/3 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

PureChance

PureChance

Human Knight of Solamnia 

Str: 17 (+3) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)

Artanis nods at the expected contents of the box - Darrett so far had proven nothing but helpful, eager and honourable. He would be another fine addition to the Order.

Between them they easily get the box downstairs, to meet Mery and Handsome. He leaves Modri and Lt. Folketh with the box and jumps astride Tiergan, matching pace with a gentle walk. Whilst he lends one ear to the story, he keeps eyes on the town. They've already seen more than one ambush. "I suppose that explains why you've fought with honour, but I'm not sure the rest of the evil gods army follow your code...". They meet a grim looking Coltan at the bottom, and catches up on the news of the invasion already at their doors. "Jeyev was inside the tower, it seems the Ironcalds had more than one traitor in their midst. He got away," he shares curtly with a deep frown, before tracking Coltan's eyes up to the ridge and realising why the smith had seemed distracted to the news. "Ancient Knights of Solamnia!" he exclaims, unconsciously clasping his hand across his chest in salute. His boyish looks shine through at the sight of his heroes, the inspiration for his own journey. He frowns slightly as Mery relates the story of Lord Soth, his enthusiasm dampened at the memory of the mans failure, and the stain upon the Knighthood.

Shortly after, his gaze spots several of the later soldiers gliding into the town, and the sounds of panic reach his ears. He spurs Tiergan forward, and as they round the corner he catches sight of the reason for the towns panic - a monster stands there bedecked in legion armour. Tiergan rears at Artanis command, and the knight unhooks his lance, levelling it at the draconian. [Roll Intimidation]. The sunlight catches on his armour and his tabard flutters in a sudden breeze, as if for a moment, the ancient order upon the clifftop embodies Ser Brightblade. Catching sight of the knight and warhorse about to barrel down upon it - a spectral image made manifest - the Kapak soldier turns and feels, looking for softer targets. With the cries ahead still pulling them to the wharf, Artanis doesn't give chase. "This is the true face of Takhisis, Ser Michelle. The dragon queen does not care for honour, only conquest." Artanis replies coldly as they continue on.

He thanks Coltan as the smith calms the horses, and clears their way through the burning building

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d8 + 5) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

RDA Javelin (range, thrown) [10]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage, 1d4 fire damage.

Lance (special). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (1d12 + 5) piercing damage, 1d4 Fire damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Class Features:

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

PureChance

PureChance

Human Knight of Solamnia 

Between them they easily get the box downstairs, to meet Mery and Handsome. He leaves Modri and Lt. Folketh with the box and jumps astride Tiergan, matching pace with a gentle walk. Whilst he lends one ear to the story, he keeps eyes on the town. They've already seen more than one ambush. "I suppose that explains why you've fought with honour, but I'm not sure the rest of the evil gods army follow your code...". They meet a grim looking Coltan at the bottom, and catches up on the news of the invasion already at their doors. "Jeyev was inside the tower, it seems the Ironcalds had more than one traitor in their midst. He got away," he shares curtly with a deep frown, before tracking Coltan's eyes up to the ridge and realising why the smith had seemed distracted to the news. "Ancient Knights of Solamnia!" he exclaims, unconsciously clasping his hand across his chest in salute. His boyish looks shine through at the sight of his heroes, the inspiration for his own journey.He frowns slightly as Mery relates the story of Lord Soth, his enthusiasm dampened at the memory of the mans failure, and the stain upon the Knighthood.

Shortly after, his gaze spots several of the later soldiers gliding into the town, and the sounds of panic reach his ears. He spurs Tiergan forward, and as they round the corner he catches sight of the reason for the towns panic - a monster stands there bedecked in legion armour. Tiergan rears at Artanis command, and the knight unhooks his lance, levelling it at the draconian. [Roll Intimidation]

"I reckon I should be able to hook it on to Tiergan, either that or you get Lieutenant Folketh to help you carry it down to the wharf. If we're in a rush Tiergan's quicker than I."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Class Features: