Edit History

Eldariel

Eldariel

I also have Dimension Door as a hero ability (as well as Wis-ability to Shaken the Dragon Army commander if we just wanna go for the kill). I understand I could use it to take one action to essentially spare an ally an action in moving; it lets me move myself and another hero to up to two tiles away. That could let me to take e.g. Teeli with me (since they're up next), saving them one action for moving (far as I gather, moving is always one action so it'd take two to first go to Glade and then back; and I assume I would Battle in the Battle-phase so I'd have to stay in Glade to fight there). That said, Teeli would probably want to go for the Dex-tasks (given they are a Rogue I would assume that's something they excel at).

The first issue I find is that the fire might just wipe out our right flank if we're not careful especially with the massive numeric superiority on the Dragon Army's side and the two lines of fire. I almost feel like we must have someone there personally absorbing the hits (enemy hits can be converted to stress on the hero). I also have an ability that would let me use Int to modify the battle dice; that's an alternative to the Wis option (Wis lets me reroll two though so I might prefer that; but the action lets me set the result to blank or woe instead of it being random). The way I see it, I think I'm going to right flank anyways. The big questions are:

1) Do I bring someone with me to save them an action? It costs me an action either way to get there, bringing someone alone costs me one Int token and saves them an action essentially. If that someone were coming to right flank anyways, it seems well worth it, but I do have other uses for my Int tokens.

2) Which actions do I take? How likely are we to be able to hit the enemy commander? If we have decent chances, Shaking them could potentially be great (we don't need any more fires here, and Lohezet keeps lighting them up) to remove them from battle entirely. Otherwise I should probably focus on reinforcing our lines. I think un-Shaking Raven has to be one or we might just lose her on the first fight, and fighting fire before Lohezet gets to start another is pretty key. I'm not sure how adding fire works, but there's a lot of it and if it covers our troops it's going to wipe out a line so that doesn't sound great.

FWIW all the enemy champions are of attribute other than mine other than the Mercenaries at Trail (I have one Cha available); I'm not sure how much that really matters, but Glade is the only tile that has a "compatible" ability to me. I think it might be optimal for me to focus on the battle, keeping our lines from falling, while some of you guys pick up the flags and defeat the vile champions.

Also, the Charisma could be used in conjunction with Vogler's ability to add two shaken units to unshake said units giving us essentially 4 HP of extra defenders later.

Eldariel

Eldariel

I also have Dimension Door as a hero ability (as well as Wis-ability to Shaken the Dragon Army commander if we just wanna go for the kill). I understand I could use it to take one action to essentially spare an ally an action in moving; it lets me move myself and another hero to up to two tiles away. That could let me to take Teeli with me, saving them one action for moving (far as I gather, moving is always one action so it'd take two to first go to Glade and then back; and I assume I would Battle in the Battle-phase so I'd have to stay in Glade to fight there). That said, Teeli would probably want to go for the Dex-tasks (given they are a Rogue I would assume that's something they excel at).

The first issue I find is that the fire might just wipe out our right flank if we're not careful especially with the massive numeric superiority on the Dragon Army's side and the two lines of fire. I almost feel like we must have someone there personally absorbing the hits (enemy hits can be converted to stress on the hero). I also have an ability that would let me use Int to modify the battle dice; that's an alternative to the Wis option (Wis lets me reroll two though so I might prefer that; but the action lets me set the result to blank or woe instead of it being random). The way I see it, I think I'm going to right flank anyways. The big questions are:

1) Do I bring someone with me to save them an action? It costs me an action either way to get there, bringing someone alone costs me one Int token and saves them an action essentially. If that someone were coming to right flank anyways, it seems well worth it, but I do have other uses for my Int tokens.

2) Which actions do I take? How likely are we to be able to hit the enemy commander? If we have decent chances, Shaking them could potentially be great (we don't need any more fires here, and Lohezet keeps lighting them up) to remove them from battle entirely. Otherwise I should probably focus on reinforcing our lines. I think un-Shaking Raven has to be one or we might just lose her on the first fight, and fighting fire before Lohezet gets to start another is pretty key. I'm not sure how adding fire works, but there's a lot of it and if it covers our troops it's going to wipe out a line so that doesn't sound great.

FWIW all the enemy champions are of attribute other than mine other than the Mercenaries at Trail (I have one Cha available); I'm not sure how much that really matters, but Glade is the only tile that has a "compatible" ability to me. I think it might be optimal for me to focus on the battle, keeping our lines from falling, while some of you guys pick up the flags and defeat the vile champions.

Also, the Charisma could be used in conjunction with Vogler's ability to add two shaken units to unshake said units giving us essentially 4 HP of extra defenders later.