Edit History

Eldariel

Eldariel

Ahh, now I get it: so either I spend two actions or one action and a Wis-card to refresh Vogler. Okay, since Actions are the sparse resource right now, that makes it easy; I'll just use the Wis card, which means no Shaking of the enemy Commander. So that leaves me with the following two actions probably locked:

- Dimension Door self and ally (Int spent)

- Refresh commander (Wis spent)

- Two actions to fight fire/apply Tactics (one Int left)/return to Respite.

So...which of you have good Responses? Our side certainly needs some help. Refreshed Vogler will help some, reinforcing our lines with two units, but that alone will not suffice I wager. I'm thinking Odira would likely have the best tools to help here given they're likely Wis-based? So just to get quick feedback, my line of actions would then be:

- DD self and Odira to right flank.

- Refresh commander.

- Put out two fires likely (since I have to remain here anyways, might as well have the Int response available).

This would leave me largely useless on round 2 but make it more likely that we live to see round 2 (though we're in a bit of a hurry to get the objectives). And Lohezet would start one new fire but at least it'd be only one fire we have to deal with. I can't really stop that anyways even if I go full offense. I'd still be able to restore some troops and then maybe refresh Vogler again.

If I understood everything correctly, I get to choose where the fire token is placed by Lohezet's ability so we end up with less fire if I just remove two fires than if I shake him (one alternative would also be just refreshing Commander with two actions and then shaking Lohezet...which has the advantage of Lohezet not getting to start a fire every battle, but would risk the two fires spreading and destroying our lines next round). Vogler refreshed would allow us to deploy more troops to give us advantage in either archers or parity in something else.

The alternative I see is:

- Refresh commander (2 actions).

- Shake enemy commander.

As long as the fires don't spread, this would likely be more efficient in the long run. Can the fires spread from Unit actions? Probably. So with all-out battle it's probably too big a risk, having two of our lines get wiped out.

The way I see it, we add the fire to our melee line, add the extra units to Archers, try to use Responses to let out melee and mounted survive while our 4 Archers murder their 2.

Eldariel

Eldariel

Ahh, now I get it: so either I spend two actions or one action and a Wis-card to refresh Vogler. Okay, since Actions are the sparse resource right now, that makes it easy; I'll just use the Wis card, which means no Shaking of the enemy Commander. So that leaves me with the following two actions probably locked:

So...which of you have good Responses? Our side certainly needs some help. Refreshed Vogler will help some, reinforcing our lines with two units, but that alone will not suffice I wager. I'm thinking Odira would likely have the best tools to help here given they're likely Wis-based? So just to get quick feedback, my line of actions would then be:

- Refresh commander.

- Put out two fires likely (since I have to remain here anyways, might as well have the Int response available).

This would leave me largely useless on round 2 but make it more likely that we live to see round 2 (though we're in a bit of a hurry to get the objectives). And Lohezet would start one new fire but at least it'd be only one fire we have to deal with. I can't really stop that anyways even if I go full offense. I'd still be able to restore some troops and then maybe refresh Vogler again.

Eldariel

Eldariel

- Refresh commander.

Eldariel

Eldariel

So...which of you have good Responses? Our side certainly needs some help. Refreshed Vogler will help some, reinforcing our lines with two units, but that alone will not suffice I wager. I'm thinking Odira would likely have the best tools to help here given they're likely Wis-based?

Eldariel

Eldariel

So...which of you have good Responses? Our side certainly needs some help. Refreshed Vogler will help some, reinforcing our lines with two units, but that alone will not suffice I wager.

Eldariel

Eldariel

So...which of you have good Responses? Our side certainly needs some help.