Edit History

RillaTaj

RillaTaj

@Scarecrow71

Not necessarily. The best laid plans can always change- and, quite frankly, defection to the Maquis isn't one of her best plans. Her first motivation is to build/fix things and help people. She's just gotten the impression that the best way to do that is through the Maquis. She perhaps just needs reminding of why she signed up with Starfleet in the first place, that she can still do that better with Starfleet than the Maquis... and maybe get some time away from the mentor who swayed her in that direction.

If she gets the opportunity to slip away in a time of peace, she probably would try, but if a crisis situation arose first she would pitch in to help- and maybe have a rethink of her plans to avoid bailing on people who need her. I introduced the planned defection as a potential conflict for her to struggle with, a should-I-shouldn't-I sort of thing, with the idea that something would happen to prompt a re-think before it could actually happen. There's no fun in playing someone hardcore set on charging off lone-wolf style in a team-based game like this, and that was certainly not my intention.

RillaTaj

RillaTaj

Not necessarily. The best laid plans can always change- and, quite frankly, defection to the Maquis isn't one of her best plans. Her first motivation is to build/fix things and help people. She's just gotten the impression that the best way to do that is through the Maquis. She perhaps just needs reminding of why she signed up with Starfleet in the first place, that she can still do that better with Starfleet than the Maquis... and maybe get some time away from the mentor who swayed her in that direction.

If she gets the opportunity to slip away in a time of peace, she probably would try, but if a crisis situation arose first she would pitch in to help- and maybe have a rethink of her plans to avoid bailing on people who need her. I introduced the planned defection as a potential conflict for her to struggle with, a should-I-shouldn't-I sort of thing, with the idea that something would happen to prompt a re-think before it could actually happen. There's no fun in playing someone hardcore set on charging off lone-wolf style in a team-based game like this, and that was certainly not my intention.

RillaTaj

RillaTaj

If she gets the opportunity to slip away in a time of peace, she probably would try, but if a crisis situation arose first she would pitch in to help- and maybe have a rethink of her plans to avoid bailing on people who need her. I introduced the planned defection as a potential conflict for her to struggle with, a should-I-shouldn't-I sort of thing, with the idea that something would happen to prompt a re-think. There's no fun in playing someone hardcore set on charging off lone-wolf style in a team-based game like this, and that was certainly not my intention.

RillaTaj

RillaTaj

Not necessarily. The best laid plans can always change- and, quite frankly, defection to the Maquis isn't one of her best plans. Her first motivation is to build/fix things and help people. She's just gotten the impression that the best way to do that is through the Maquis. She perhaps just needs reminding of why she signed up with Starfleet in the first place, that she can still do that better with Starfleet than the Maquis... and maybe get some time away from the mentor who swayed her in that direction. If she gets the opportunity to slip away in a time of peace, she probably would try, but if a crisis situation arose first she would pitch in to help- and maybe have a rethink of her plans to avoid bailing on people who need her. I introduced the planned defection as a potential conflict for her to struggle with, a should-I-shouldn't-I sort of thing, with the idea that something would happen to prompt a re-think.