Out of Character

Sovereign Sojourn

This would be a DM call.

By RAW, I think that it should all stack, since I think the flavor of the affliction is that you have your normal amount of healing energy, you just know how to direct flip it to the B side and whack somebody with it, instead of un-whacking them.

Quick question as I'm making the final tweaks to my sheet... I don't suppose this counts as a "High Psionics game" for the purposes of Unlocked Talent? If so, you can take that instead of Wild Talent (though, weirdly, that rule on d20pfsrd is on the Access Psionic Talent page 🤷‍♂️). Or, would you allow Unlocked Talent to be taken by characters who are already Psionic (rather than having to have Wild Talent too)? Particularly since psionic races get Wild Talent for free but trade it for Psionic Talent if they take a psionic class.

(Yeah, DSP psionics is a bit of a mess... 🙂)

I'm basically just asking if I can take Unlocked Talent without needing Wild Talent (also, the wording is a bit ambiguous, but my interpretation is that you can still manifest the power without a Cha of 11 if you have a manifesting class, since you use its stat instead, so correct me if that's a no-go anyway).

Edited by TheFred (see edit history)

Oooh, it has begun!

I will say, I'm pretty annoyed at Ugin for falling asleep on the job and letting his brother Nicol Bolas out of the prison realm and into Golarion to lust after power and try to reclaim his lost godhood.

1 hour ago, Evendur said:

Oooh, it has begun!

I will say, I'm pretty annoyed at Ugin for falling asleep on the job and letting his brother Nicol Bolas out of the prison realm and into Golarion to lust after power and try to reclaim his lost godhood.

Hush you, I couldn't find a cooler looking dragon. 😅

1 hour ago, TheFred said:

I'm basically just asking if I can take Unlocked Talent without needing Wild Talent

Yes, I will waive this prerequisite. It's not REALLY a high psionics game per se, but I also sort of view this as a feat tax so, yeah.

Edited by Sovereign Sojourn (see edit history)

On 8/30/2023 at 2:46 PM, Steel Warrior said:

Affliction: When using cure you may invert the effect from positive energy to negative energy. This has no effect on undead and damages the living (Will half). This requires a melee or ranged touch attack against the target, and if used at range is considered a ray. This cannot be combined with Fount Of Life.

So for the same 1 spellpoint, do I do 3d6+12 negative energy?

That is my reading. Also the old-school D&D nerd in me is wondering why this negative energy doesn't heal undead...?

On 8/30/2023 at 1:20 AM, Casual Viking said:

Well, I could use a double-barreled pistol (437.5, half that if I craft it myself) and a MW bastard sword (335)

I thought about it, this lies outside of what I'm hoping for at game start. However, your "wish list" has been updated. :)

The DM giveth generously, even as he taketh away.

Edited by Sovereign Sojourn (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...