Raven-Variant Human, Haunted Shadow Sorcerer

voodoozombie

spacer.png

Raven

Name: Raven

Character Concept: When Raven emerged from the Mist, not only had she changed but something came along with her. 

Race, Background, Subclass Class: Variant Human. Haunted One: Feature, Spirit Medium. Sorcerer: Shadow Magic.

Description: 

Show this

Raven isn’t peculiarly tall, standing at about 5’1”. What she lacks in height she makes up in her looks. The taint of Shadow and the touch of Death give an off-putting feel and look about her. Her eyes are a bright blue with pupils that are dilated and unresponsive to light and her light brown skin is icy cold to the touch. Her long hair is jet black with an unkempt look to it.  When she is in low light or darkened areas, she casts a faint shadow behind her as if she is still in some kind of lighted area. It seems like this shadow never leaves her. And when her skin is cut, she barely bleeds, sometimes not at all. 

Raven loves wearing dark leather clothing with loose flowing pieces that flutter in the slightest breeze and wears her hair long and unrestrained, adding to the flair of her looks and hopefully turn some heads her way. Her leather outfits and some of her jewelry have spikes imbedded in them, hinting at the dangerous side of her. The ‘look but don’t touch’ is a clear message Raven is sending out to those who think otherwise. 

Raven is a very confident person, both in herself and who she has become and fully embraces her new life. Friendly, outgoing, sometimes flamboyant, Raven enjoys life and all it has to offer and the attention her looks get her.  She also enjoys the company of others and likes getting to know the people around her. When Raven walks, it with her head held high while her steps are measured and with purpose

She also firmly believes that the spirits she consults are people that have died in the Mist who are there to do her bidding. One in particular, simply known as 'the Vizier' is her main spirit she communicates with.  

Origin: Possibility Faerun

Your Character’s Plothook: Past is Prologue: [Backstory]

Show this

When the traveling domain knows as The Carnival passed through her hometown, Raven had dreams of traveling and seeing the world and this was the perfect opportunity to do so. She quickly joined The Carnival, but things didn't quite turn out the way she expected. 

It was during her time with The Carnival that her ability to talk to spirits began to awaken. With help and advice from the Carnival staff, Raven accepted and fully embraced her new talent. However, staff members won't the only ones who noticed this. Something else did too. 

One late night, Raven heard a voice coming from the Mist. It spoke to her, the soft voice seemed musical and soothing. A wave of euphoria swept over her as she walked towards it, and when she entered the Mist, all she could see was a shadowy figure, sometimes there, sometimes not.

“I’ve been watching you. Those who do are unique I take special interest in. In your case, it’s your ability to communicate with the spirits that awakened after you joined The Carnival. I believe that the spirts are those who have died in the Mists. For some reason they are attracted to you. A rare gift that needs to be nurtured and allowed to grow. However…..”

” You lack the experience needed to become my special…..pet. If you accept my help, I will make sure that you will learn what you need to know. Do you accept my help, my teachings, and the start of a new life, my dear?”

” I accept your offer.’ Raven's voice sounded distance, almost like she was in a dream, but she knew this wasn’t a dream. And for some reason she felt compelled to take the offer.

” I’m glade. And now, before you start your training, we seal the deal with these.”

She blacked out but. When she woke up, she wasn’t at The Carnival anymore. It was…..Hell….? No....Was this where her training to take place? She felt fine, but there where changes in her. She now possessed knowledge of things she didn’t know before and felt a power coursing through her body that she never felt before. On her left hand, on the finger where wedding rings go was a copper band with 'Mine' engraved in it. In her right hand was a deck of strange looking cards. 

And now there were gaps in Raven's memories. She clearly remembers her time with The Carnival and the deal she made with the shadow figure. But her time before The Carnival is vague, hazy or missing. She knows she had a home but doesn't remember where it was. She knows she has parents and siblings but can't remember them. But piecing together her past life can wait. For now, she just had to survive the Hell known as Falkovnia and hopefully figure out what the shadow figure really wants from her. Until then, Raven now fully embraces her new life and fully enjoys what she has now become. 

Truths, Rumors, and Lies:

1. [True Rumor] Raven's ability to read cards can be both fun and sometimes a little scary. 
  2. [False Rumor] Raven is a charlatan and scam artist. She takes people's money and pretends to speak to the persons dead relatives. She tells them what they want to hear and gives them false hope.  That way they keep coming back to her so that she can take their money again. 
  3. [False Rumor] Raven gains her powers by eating the flesh of both the dead and the undead. 

Fears and Failures:

1. Fear. What the ring on her finger actually represents. When she agreed to accept the shadow figures offer, did she become betrothed to it too? Does it symbolize her contract to it? Both? Or something completely different?

2. Fear. Raven is afraid that someday the spirits won't answer her anymore. She believes if this happens, her identity, who she is, will be gone.  She doesn't know what to do or how to handle it if this ever happens.

Details:

Include at least two of the following in your application:

Music: This song is the inspiration for my character. 

Eivør - Into The Mist (Official Video) English version  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nNGKK_tv44

Eivør - Í Tokuni (Official Music Video) Original version https://youtu.be/pqnMkUcTmys

Raven's shadow that never goes away. Possibility the Vizier?

spacer.png

The shadow figure in the Mist. Possibility the Vizier?

spacer.png

The deck she was given.

spacer.png

The ring with 'Mine' on it.

spacer.png

Edited by voodoozombie (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

•  

Pin on Pictures Raven

Human Shadow Sorcerer, Haunted Spirit Medium

AC: 12/15 (Mage Armor) | HP: 8/8 (1d6+2) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 13, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 10 (-0) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 17 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Elvish, Abyssal, Undercommon

|

O.K. As soon as I get the posting format finished, I'll post in the thread.

Edited by voodoozombie (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...