Edit History

Terran

Terran

Brother Christo Vanleaf, Grey Elf Bard-Cleric

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=19+2, Touch=14, FF=17+2 / HP=19/19 / Init=2 / Saves: Fort=4, Reflex=5, Will = 6  _____________________________________________________________________________

Brother Vanleaf moves the pair of dead wolves into the hallway where they will act as a makeshift obstacle, and then he takes a piece of hemp rope and ties a noose around the neck and head of each of the two lupines and uses rawhide cords to tie the hind legs of each carcass together as well.

Pointing the head of each wolf toward the walls and hind ends together, the Elven holy man places the two 'Y-shaped' sticks under the rope to hold it up at Ogre-knee level with the wolves acting as dead weights to keep each end taunt.

Next, the padre attaches a couple of fishhooks suspended by short leather thongs from the rope, each one about one-third of the way across in the hope that it might snag the Ogre if he comes through not to harm the creature but to hold the rope in place and drag the wolves under its feet with each step, if it works at all.

Thereafter, the oil is added to crude impromptu defensive construction coating the hallway with a greasy pool that is both slick and, if necessary, flammable as well. The final touch to the trap is to have his colleagues light a torch while he works so it can be positioned in the outer passageway just in case we need to invite Mr. Ogre to a neighborhood cook-out!

When the hallway is prepared, Christo will back out into the hallway, draw his long bow and nock an arrow and says, "Let me know when everyone is ready. Then I'll sing a bard song to inspire us in the battle, and after my song takes effect, we can all attack as one which will release the Ogre from Sugrin's spell. If things go bad, we can set the oil slick on fire."

Show Mechanics

DM: Please note that the picture below is a crude attempt and not 3-D. The rope will be above the back edge of the wolf carcasses, but I could not draw it that way. Did my best! :)

Free Action:   Speak

Standard Action:  

Move:  

Swift Action:   

Move Action:   

spacer.png

Continuing Effects: Bardic Music - Protection Devotion from Gerbimble ( +2 sacred bonus to AC)

Terran

Terran

Brother Christo Vanleaf, Grey Elf Bard-Cleric

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=19+2, Touch=14, FF=17+2 / HP=19/19 / Init=2 / Saves: Fort=4, Reflex=5, Will = 6  _____________________________________________________________________________

Brother Vanleaf moves the pair of dead wolves into the hallway where they will act as a makeshift obstacle, and then he takes a piece of hemp rope and ties a noose around the neck and head of each of the two lupines and uses rawhide cords to tie the hind legs of each carcass together as well.

Pointing the head of each wolf toward the walls and hind ends together, the Elven holy man places the two 'Y-shaped' sticks under the rope to hold it up at Ogre-knee level with the wolves acting as dead weights to keep each end taunt.

Next, the oil is added to coat the hallway with a greasy pool that is both slick and, if necessary, flammable as well. The final touch to the trap is to have a torch lit and positioned in the outer passageway just in case we need to invite Mr. Ogre to a neighborhood cook-out!

When the hallway is prepared, Christo will back out into the hallway, draw his long bow and nock an arrow and says, "Let me know when everyone is ready. Then I'll sing a bard song to inspire us in the battle, and after my song takes effect, we can all attack as one which will release the Ogre from Sugrin's spell. If things go bad, we can set the oil slick on fire."

Show Mechanics

Free Action:   Speak

Standard Action:  

Move:  

Swift Action:   

Move Action:   

spacer.png

Continuing Effects: Bardic Music - Protection Devotion from Gerbimble ( +2 sacred bonus to AC)