Edit History

Gregorotto

Gregorotto

Werond grins at Rahnur's wry deception, not detecting a hint of it. "Unique is a funny way of putting it, but you're not wrong." While Edhelri smiles at the compliment, she says little more to Rahnur. The twins, however, are extremely pleased that Rahnur is showing interest in learning their sign language. "Of course we'll teach you; Selvek is an able teacher and I know he'll appreciate someone else he can speak with." The lessons begin with simple things, like parts of the cart and instruments Rahnur might use to carve with, then food and times of day.

What Rahnur retains is entirely up to him.

Day 3: Animal Abuse

As Wendibear intimidates, the lone knight maintains his vigil between his employer and the valiant. He eyes Theodoric's glowing eyes and Rahnur's look, and grins at the two men. "Perhaps I shall. I'd like to see that sword arm, and that bow, put to good use. Otherwise it'll be a boring set of days." With that, he walks off.

Elsewhere, Lucienne trades barbs of her own, her "brilliance" getting a smile out of Evermor. "How very self-aware you are, Lucienne. A wonder you're not already a published debutante of Waterdeep, at the rate you're going: and so knowledgeable about heroism! Have much experience with that?" Dare she take the bait?

Day 4: Payback

Cleaned up, Carlona sheepishly takes the invitations to join well. "I suppose that makes sense. From what it sounds like, the rest of the caravan would sooner see me dead than join you all, so I'll take what meager offerings I can get." Though she does not seem to suspect Theodoric's distrust, she smiles to each of them, her smile waning as she tries to make sense of his glowing face. At Taliesin's questions about Waterdeep, she smiles. "North Ward. Near Trollskull Alley, if you're familiar. Got some friends there, and I wish I could say in high places."

Elsewhere, Evermor hoots with laughter. "Heroes are so easily called fools by the sane, but let's see how this bears out." When she goes to say her peace, Oyn watches her curiously, and from the reactions of the others, seems to approve at a distance.

As Taliesin heads elsewhere to confront the elderly, Wendy reveals more about her affiliation and presumably the others; Carlona's eyes light up at the sight of the harp and moon on her staff. "Quite alright, Dardanelle. Quite a staff, well-made besides. Bet it looks gorgeous in the light of the moon." Imsa doesn't seem any the wiser for that. Carlona offers her a wink and wants to know more, but lets discretion get the better of her. She talks of Waterdeep, of the North Ward and her adolescence there: she is originally from Amphail but moved after a troll attacked and killed her father and uncle.

When later comes, Belmund reveals himself as well, and Carlona takes the bait. "How many of you all Harp? Dardanelle told me she was a bit earlier, and I guess you've all seen my tattoo; need to cast a spell to cover that. Out of my mind, I am. There were three of us before, in the last caravan. We left a day before you arrived; Selebon warned me more would be coming after us. The other two... didn't make it. Killed outright, their bodies hidden presumably because the caravan was none the wiser when they put me in the ground. I'd like the chance to avenge them, if I can."

Barbarna shakes her head at everything Taliesin has to say, except the extra ale. "I'll drink to that: but just that. You're a right fool, Wanderer."

Day 8: Spider Woods

⚔ Round II ⚔

The group strikes out against the arachnid threat.

Wendibear takes a chunk out of her ettercap, two in fact, before turning and fleeing. Theorodic's hammer does no good while Rahnur and Belmund's attacks are quite successful, though no one falls. Indeed, Aralim's bow catches a spider in a clutch of eyes but does not drop it. When Dani brings worth the weight of her world upon the fleeing ettercaps and horse, it temporarily stuns them but they keep onEttercaps 2 and 3 and Horse 1 and 2 Con saves 14, 17, 20 and 16 each vs. Dani DC 14, all saved for half damage. Indeed, the two ettercaps keep on with the horses, though they turn back to hiss.

Sulesdeg and Carlona keep at the fray as well, Sulesdeg hacking off the leg of one spider with his massive blade and Carlona missing the other by a wide margin. The ettercap hissing at Wendibear puts its pinchers together and fires off a shot of webbing at her, catching her in the back and webbing her where she standsEttercap 1 Web Shot 19 vs. Wendibear AC 11, hit; Wendy is restrained, unless she makes an 11 Strength check or deals 5 damage to the webbing, AC 10.. The maimed spider strikes out at Sulesdeg, while the other goes for Theodoric; one catches Sulesdeg, and while the other catches Theodoric, it does notGiant spider 2 Attack 19 vs. Theodoric AC 20, miss damn you! pierce his skin, a fortunate thing as Sulesdeg is injected further with poison. The other two fleeing ettercaps fire off webs as well, one at Aralim and one at Dani: while Aralim dodges deftlyEttercap 2 Web Attack 14 vs. Aralim AC 20, miss, Dani does not, catching it square in the bootsEttercap 3 Web Shot 12 vs. Dani AC 12, hit; Dani is restrained, unless she makes an 11 Strength check or deals 5 damage to the webbing, AC 10..

With that, they begin to head deeper into the woods and out of sight with the horses, worse for wear due to the gravitational weight placed upon them.

Out of Character

No map, pure TotM
Initiative
Spiders
Party

Allies
Sulesdeg-AC 16, 46/65 HP
Carlona-AC 16, 51/51 HP

Enemies
Ettercap 1-AC 13, 14/44 HP
Ettercap 2-AC 13, 41/44 HP
Ettercap 3-AC 13, 25/44 HP
Giant Spider 1-AC 14, 1/26 HP
Giant Spider 2-AC 14, 26/26 HP

Out of Character

spacer.png
Caravan Stats
85/84 Travelers
12/12 Wagons
8/60 days passed
Caravan Members

Yay!

General rules:

• Influencing the Caravan is an optional rule you can use, as conflict may potentially come up and other caravaneers may help you out if you're friendly with them. Persuasion, Deception, etc. come to mind. If a wagon or individual members of a wagon are friendly towards you, you may get support. The Dc will depend on who you're trying to influence and how. If you want to learn about a NPC or wagon beforehand, you have the manifest and thus list of names and goods, but influencing people is a different matter. Green Imsa is friendly to everyone, but Evermor is only friendly to Dani, for example. Imsa is one person, but Evermor has a whole wagon. Some cart drivers will be downright hostile, thus influencing individual people makes more sense.
  • Rahnur: To learn sign language, it takes 10 days minus your Intelligence modifier, so 9 days. These can be stretched out over the whole of the caravan ride, and will take 25 gp from your salary (I'm modifying it since there's no reason for it to cost 25 gp per tenday), and will be done separately from your salaried work. Roll a d100 and we'll discuss complications as they arise.

Day 4:

• I can provide guidance on revealing to Carlona most of you are Harpers and what you're doing. If you plan on doing so, I can reveal further information as you like; if you rolled Insight already, I'll provide answers accordingly to confirm or deny trust.

Day 5:

• Rahnur, Dani, and Aralim has bless on them for 5 days. Use it wisely.
Gregorotto

Gregorotto

Werond grins at Rahnur's wry deception, not detecting a hint of it. "Unique is a funny way of putting it, but you're not wrong." While Edhelri smiles at the compliment, she says little more to Rahnur. The twins, however, are extremely pleased that Rahnur is showing interest in learning their sign language. "Of course we'll teach you; Selvek is an able teacher and I know he'll appreciate someone else he can speak with." The lessons begin with simple things, like parts of the cart and instruments Rahnur might use to carve with, then food and times of day.

What Rahnur retains is entirely up to him.

Day 3: Animal Abuse

As Wendibear intimidates, the lone knight maintains his vigil between his employer and the valiant. He eyes Theodoric's mask and Rahnur's look, and grins at the two men. "Perhaps I shall. I'd like to see that sword arm, and that bow, put to good use. Otherwise it'll be a boring set of days." With that, he walks off.

Elsewhere, Lucienne trades barbs of her own, her "brilliance" getting a smile out of Evermor. "How very self-aware you are, Lucienne. A wonder you're not already a published debutante of Waterdeep, at the rate you're going: and so knowledgeable about heroism! Have much experience with that?" Dare she take the bait?

Day 4: Payback

Cleaned up, Carlona sheepishly takes the invitations to join well. "I suppose that makes sense. From what it sounds like, the rest of the caravan would sooner see me dead than join you all, so I'll take what meager offerings I can get." Though she does not seem to suspect Theodoric's distrust, she smiles to each of them, her smile waning as she tries to make sense of his masked face. At Taliesin's questions about Waterdeep, she smiles. "North Ward. Near Trollskull Alley, if you're familiar. Got some friends there, and I wish I could say in high places."

Elsewhere, Evermor hoots with laughter. "Heroes are so easily called fools by the sane, but let's see how this bears out." When she goes to say her peace, Oyn watches her curiously, and from the reactions of the others, seems to approve at a distance.

As Taliesin heads elsewhere to confront the elderly, Wendy reveals more about her affiliation and presumably the others; Carlona's eyes light up at the sight of the harp and moon on her staff. "Quite alright, Dardanelle. Quite a staff, well-made besides. Bet it looks gorgeous in the light of the moon." Imsa doesn't seem any the wiser for that. Carlona offers her a wink and wants to know more, but lets discretion get the better of her. She talks of Waterdeep, of the North Ward and her adolescence there: she is originally from Amphail but moved after a troll attacked and killed her father and uncle.

When later comes, Belmund reveals himself as well, and Carlona takes the bait. "How many of you all Harp? Dardanelle told me she was a bit earlier, and I guess you've all seen my tattoo; need to cast a spell to cover that. Out of my mind, I am. There were three of us before, in the last caravan. We left a day before you arrived; Selebon warned me more would be coming after us. The other two... didn't make it. Killed outright, their bodies hidden presumably because the caravan was none the wiser when they put me in the ground. I'd like the chance to avenge them, if I can."

Barbarna shakes her head at everything Taliesin has to say, except the extra ale. "I'll drink to that: but just that. You're a right fool, Wanderer."

Day 8: Spider Woods

⚔ Round II ⚔

The group strikes out against the arachnid threat.

Wendibear takes a chunk out of her ettercap, two in fact, before turning and fleeing. Theorodic's hammer does no good while Rahnur and Belmund's attacks are quite successful, though no one falls. Indeed, Aralim's bow catches a spider in a clutch of eyes but does not drop it. When Dani brings worth the weight of her world upon the fleeing ettercaps and horse, it temporarily stuns them but they keep onEttercaps 2 and 3 and Horse 1 and 2 Con saves 14, 17, 20 and 16 each vs. Dani DC 14, all saved for half damage. Indeed, the two ettercaps keep on with the horses, though they turn back to hiss.

Sulesdeg and Carlona keep at the fray as well, Sulesdeg hacking off the leg of one spider with his massive blade and Carlona missing the other by a wide margin. The ettercap hissing at Wendibear puts its pinchers together and fires off a shot of webbing at her, catching her in the back and webbing her where she standsEttercap 1 Web Shot 19 vs. Wendibear AC 11, hit; Wendy is restrained, unless she makes an 11 Strength check or deals 5 damage to the webbing, AC 10.. The maimed spider strikes out at Sulesdeg, while the other goes for Theodoric; one catches Sulesdeg, and while the other catches Theodoric, it does notGiant spider 2 Attack 19 vs. Theodoric AC 20, miss damn you! pierce his skin, a fortunate thing as Sulesdeg is injected further with poison. The other two fleeing ettercaps fire off webs as well, one at Aralim and one at Dani: while Aralim dodges deftlyEttercap 2 Web Attack 14 vs. Aralim AC 20, miss, Dani does not, catching it square in the bootsEttercap 3 Web Shot 12 vs. Dani AC 12, hit; Dani is restrained, unless she makes an 11 Strength check or deals 5 damage to the webbing, AC 10..

With that, they begin to head deeper into the woods and out of sight with the horses, worse for wear due to the gravitational weight placed upon them.

Out of Character

No map, pure TotM
Initiative
Spiders
Party

Allies
Sulesdeg-AC 16, 46/65 HP
Carlona-AC 16, 51/51 HP

Enemies
Ettercap 1-AC 13, 14/44 HP
Ettercap 2-AC 13, 41/44 HP
Ettercap 3-AC 13, 25/44 HP
Giant Spider 1-AC 14, 1/26 HP
Giant Spider 2-AC 14, 26/26 HP

Out of Character

spacer.png
Caravan Stats
85/84 Travelers
12/12 Wagons
8/60 days passed
Caravan Members

Yay!

General rules:

• Influencing the Caravan is an optional rule you can use, as conflict may potentially come up and other caravaneers may help you out if you're friendly with them. Persuasion, Deception, etc. come to mind. If a wagon or individual members of a wagon are friendly towards you, you may get support. The Dc will depend on who you're trying to influence and how. If you want to learn about a NPC or wagon beforehand, you have the manifest and thus list of names and goods, but influencing people is a different matter. Green Imsa is friendly to everyone, but Evermor is only friendly to Dani, for example. Imsa is one person, but Evermor has a whole wagon. Some cart drivers will be downright hostile, thus influencing individual people makes more sense.
  • Rahnur: To learn sign language, it takes 10 days minus your Intelligence modifier, so 9 days. These can be stretched out over the whole of the caravan ride, and will take 25 gp from your salary (I'm modifying it since there's no reason for it to cost 25 gp per tenday), and will be done separately from your salaried work. Roll a d100 and we'll discuss complications as they arise.

Day 4:

• I can provide guidance on revealing to Carlona most of you are Harpers and what you're doing. If you plan on doing so, I can reveal further information as you like; if you rolled Insight already, I'll provide answers accordingly to confirm or deny trust.

Day 5:

• Rahnur, Dani, and Aralim has bless on them for 5 days. Use it wisely.