Edit History

Gregorotto

Gregorotto

Day 4: Payback

Carlona snorts at Wendy's mention of Dungsnout. "Weren't so nice in my opinion, but I lost friends to that hag. Didn't realize it until the affair was over, but there it was. Got what she deserved." She sounds somewhat bitter about it, and sighs. "Still, I miss the place. Gonna be good to see it again."

Carlona nods along. "Well, I do like milk and cheese. I suppose it depends on if it's Tethyrian yellow or ripe Chessentan, I'd steal that cheese in a heartbeat." She nods. "I appreciate it, whether it comes up with the others or not. You all've done me a lot of good. Selebon gave us all hell about you newcomers being a waste, but what a waste you aren't, saving my hide." Her thanks is sincere, as is her belief in the group that's saved her. Carlona can be trusted, as far as Belmund can tell.

Day 8: Spider Woods

⚔ Round III ⚔

Webbed as they are, Wendibear and Dani do their best to break free or at least act. While the bear breaks free and tears towards the remaining ettercaps, Dani fires off a barrage of spells which catch the ettercap, almost bringing it down, leaving marks as each one impacts with a crack. Rahnur and Belmund act in concordance with one another, almost bringing down another, while Theodoric hits his spider for the last time: its head implodes from the blow, and the spider falls. That's one down.

Aralim, as Taliesin, summons forth the dawn to bring forth a spell of sleep upon the creatures, and two of the ettercaps, nearest death, collapse into a snoring, gurgling fit of blood: not dying, only resting. The other spider and last ettercap, however, continue their assaults and attempts, the spider moving to Theodoric and missing with its pincherGiant Spider 2 Attack 9 vs. Theodoric AC 20, miss, the other ettercap clicking as it tries to lead the horse by itself; the horse begins to resist, and the ettercap begins to panic, looking at the attackers and the horse: should it eat it? Should it abandon it and fight for its life, or simply flee? As Wendibear comes barreling towards it, it makes a noise like hocking a big expectorant from its mouth and fires another wad of webbing at her: it hits Wendibear smackRecharge roll: 5
Ettercap 2 Web Attack 19 vs. Wendibear AC 11, hit, ensnared in webs; see previous post for details
in the face, then spreads all over the ground, ensnaring her once more. The ettercap hisses in joy. While Carlona misses the spider, Sulesdeg's massive blow cleaves off half of its pincher and a few eyes with it.

If they're quick, they can still save the horse.

Out of Character

No map, pure TotM
Initiative
Spiders
Party

Allies
Sulesdeg-AC 16, 46/65 HP
Carlona-AC 16, 51/51 HP

Enemies
Ettercap 1-AC 13, 5/44 HP, Asleep
Ettercap 2-AC 13, 41/44 HP
Ettercap 3-AC 13, 12/44 HP, Asleep
Giant Spider 1-AC 14, 0/26 HP
Giant Spider 2-AC 14, 18/26 HP

Out of Character

spacer.png
Caravan Stats
85/84 Travelers
12/12 Wagons
8/60 days passed
Caravan Members

Yay!

General rules:

• Influencing the Caravan is an optional rule you can use, as conflict may potentially come up and other caravaneers may help you out if you're friendly with them. Persuasion, Deception, etc. come to mind. If a wagon or individual members of a wagon are friendly towards you, you may get support. The Dc will depend on who you're trying to influence and how. If you want to learn about a NPC or wagon beforehand, you have the manifest and thus list of names and goods, but influencing people is a different matter. Green Imsa is friendly to everyone, but Evermor is only friendly to Dani, for example. Imsa is one person, but Evermor has a whole wagon. Some cart drivers will be downright hostile, thus influencing individual people makes more sense.
  • Rahnur: To learn sign language, it takes 10 days minus your Intelligence modifier, so 9 days. These can be stretched out over the whole of the caravan ride, and will take 25 gp from your salary (I'm modifying it since there's no reason for it to cost 25 gp per tenday), and will be done separately from your salaried work. Roll a d100 and we'll discuss complications as they arise.

Day 3:

• Decided to keep the results of your roll to myself, Foxxe.

Day 5:

• Rahnur, Dani, and Aralim has bless on them for 5 days. Use it wisely.
Gregorotto

Gregorotto

Day 4: Payback

Carlona snorts at Wendy's mention of Dungsnout. "Weren't so nice in my opinion, but I lost friends to that hag. Didn't realize it until the affair was over, but there it was. Got what she deserved." She sounds somewhat bitter about it, and sighs. "Still, I miss the place. Gonna be good to see it again."

Carlona nods along. "Well, I do like milk and cheese. I suppose it depends on if it's Tethyrian yellow or ripe Chessentan, I'd steal that cheese in a heartbeat." She nods. "I appreciate it, whether it comes up with the others or not. You all've done me a lot of good. Selebon gave us all hell about you newcomers being a waste, but what a waste you aren't, saving my hide." Her thanks is sincere, as is her belief in the group that's saved her. Carlona can be trusted, as far as Belmund can tell.

Day 8: Spider Woods

⚔ Round III ⚔

Webbed as they are, Wendibear and Dani do their best to break free or at least act. While the bear breaks free and tears towards the remaining ettercaps, Dani fires off a barrage of spells which catch the ettercap, almost bringing it down, leaving marks as each one impacts with a crack. Rahnur and Belmund act in concordance with one another, almost bringing down another, while Theodoric hits his spider for the last time: its head implodes from the blow, and the spider falls. That's one down.

Aralim, as Taliesin, summons forth the dawn to bring forth a spell of sleep upon the creatures, and two of the ettercaps, nearest death, collapse into a snoring, gurgling fit of blood: not dying, only resting. The other spider and last ettercap, however, continue their assaults and attempts, the spider moving to Theodoric and missing with its pincherGiant Spider 2 Attack 9 vs. Theodoric AC 20, miss, the other ettercap clicking as it tries to lead the horse by itself; the horse begins to resist, and the ettercap begins to panic, looking at the attackers and the horse: should it eat it? Should it abandon it and fight for its life, or simply flee? As Wendibear comes barreling towards it, it makes a noise like hocking a big expectorant from its mouth and fires another wad of webbing at her: it hits Wendibear smackRecharge roll: 5
Ettercap 2 Web Attack 19 vs. Wendibear AC 11, hit, ensnared in webs; see previous post for details
in the face, then spreads all over the ground, ensnaring her once more. The ettercap hisses in joy.

If they're quick, they can still save the horse.

Out of Character

No map, pure TotM
Initiative
Spiders
Party

Allies
Sulesdeg-AC 16, 46/65 HP
Carlona-AC 16, 51/51 HP

Enemies
Ettercap 1-AC 13, 5/44 HP, Asleep
Ettercap 2-AC 13, 41/44 HP
Ettercap 3-AC 13, 12/44 HP, Asleep
Giant Spider 1-AC 14, 0/26 HP
Giant Spider 2-AC 14, 26/26 HP

Out of Character

spacer.png
Caravan Stats
85/84 Travelers
12/12 Wagons
8/60 days passed
Caravan Members

Yay!

General rules:

• Influencing the Caravan is an optional rule you can use, as conflict may potentially come up and other caravaneers may help you out if you're friendly with them. Persuasion, Deception, etc. come to mind. If a wagon or individual members of a wagon are friendly towards you, you may get support. The Dc will depend on who you're trying to influence and how. If you want to learn about a NPC or wagon beforehand, you have the manifest and thus list of names and goods, but influencing people is a different matter. Green Imsa is friendly to everyone, but Evermor is only friendly to Dani, for example. Imsa is one person, but Evermor has a whole wagon. Some cart drivers will be downright hostile, thus influencing individual people makes more sense.
  • Rahnur: To learn sign language, it takes 10 days minus your Intelligence modifier, so 9 days. These can be stretched out over the whole of the caravan ride, and will take 25 gp from your salary (I'm modifying it since there's no reason for it to cost 25 gp per tenday), and will be done separately from your salaried work. Roll a d100 and we'll discuss complications as they arise.

Day 3:

• Decided to keep the results of your roll to myself, Foxxe.

Day 5:

• Rahnur, Dani, and Aralim has bless on them for 5 days. Use it wisely.