Edit History

M3mentoMori

M3mentoMori

Ariane - "Det" McKinnon - Blacksmith (Techsmith) 6/Technician (Rigger) 6

spacer.png

"All the sulfur's gone, but suit yourself," Det shrugs, hefting a beaten toolbox out from under the tank and tucking under an arm, "And yeah, 's a job and a half. Everything's pretty sturdy, but there's so much of it that by the time you fix the last thing on the list, the first thing needs some love again. Not to mention the repairs after a scrap. But I love it; whoever built her really knew their stuff, and I learn so much every day just poking at the systems." As they walk, Ariane shifts the toolbox around to pop it open, and pulls out a small mess of wires, metal, and some sort of putty, as well as a screwdriver, and begins tinkering with it with quick, sure movements. Whatever it is, it engrosses Det enough that it takes her a few moments to realize Jana asked a question. "Oh, that? Nah, I don't owe anyone. Well, 'cept Doc. He's got a mean poker face, and I'm terrible at cards, but we keep track of that mostly for score, not actual cash. It's 'Det', no 'B', short for 'Detonator'," with a deft twist of her wrist and a quiet 'aha!', Ariane finishes what is now obviously a grenade, and gives it a little wave in Jana's direction. "Keepin' the ride running's my job, but my passion is making things explode!"

All of Ariane's scars, and her missing arms, make a lot more sense with this revelation. Unaware - or uncaring - of this fact, she adds, "So what's Greenwood like? I don't think we've been 'round there since I signed on. You got farms, sounds like?"

M3mentoMori

M3mentoMori

spacer.png

"All the sulfur's gone, but suit yourself," Det shrugs, hefting a beaten toolbox out from under the tank and tucking under an arm, "And yeah, 's a job and a half. Everything's pretty sturdy, but there's so much of it that by the time you fix the last thing on the list, the first thing needs some love again. Not to mention the repairs after a scrap. But I love it; whoever built her really knew their stuff, and I learn so much every day just poking at the systems." As they walk, Ariane shifts the toolbox around to pop it open, and pulls out a small mess of wires, metal, and some sort of putty, as well as a screwdriver, and begins doing tinkering with it with quick, sure movements. Whatever it is, it engrosses Det enough that it takes her a few moments to realize Jana asked a question. "Oh, that? Nah, I don't owe anyone. Well, 'cept Doc. He's got a mean poker face, and I'm terrible at cards, but we keep track of that mostly for score, not actual cash. It's 'Det', no 'B', short for 'Detonator'," with a deft twist of her wrist and a quiet 'aha!', Ariane finishes what is now obviously a grenade, and gives it a little wave in Jana's direction. "Keepin' the ride running's my job, but my passion is making things explode!"

All of Ariane's scars, and her missing arms, make a lot more sense with this revelation. Unaware - or uncaring - of this fact, she adds, "So what's Greenwood like? I don't think we've been 'round there since I signed on. You got farms, sounds like?"

M3mentoMori

M3mentoMori

spacer.png

"All the sulfur's gone, but suit yourself," Det shrugs, hefting a beaten toolbox out from under the tank and tucking under an arm, "And yeah, 's a job and a half. Everything's pretty sturdy, but there's so much of it that by the time you fix the last thing on the list, the first thing needs some love again. Not to mention the repairs after a scrap. But I love it; whoever built her really knew their stuff, and I learn so much every day just poking at the systems." As they walk, Ariane shifts the toolbox around to pop it open, and pulls out a small mess of wires, metal, and some sort of putty, as well as a screwdriver, and begins doing tinkering with it with quick, sure movements. Whatever it is, it engrosses Det enough that it takes her a few moments to realize Jana asked a question. "Oh, that? Nah, I don't owe anyone. Well, 'cept Doc. He's got a mean poker face, and I'm terrible at cards, but we keep track of that mostly for score, not actual cash. It's 'Det', no 'B', short for 'Detonator'," with a deft twist of her wrist and a quiet 'aha!', Ariane finishes what is now obviously a grenade, and gives it a little wave in Jana's direction. "Keepin' the ride running's my job, but my passion is making things explode!"

All of Ariane's scars, and her missing arms, make a lot more sense with this revelation. Unaware - or uncaring - of this fact, she adds, "So what's Greenwood like? I don't think we've been 'round there since I signed on."

M3mentoMori

M3mentoMori

spacer.png

Suddenly, Ariane's scars and arms take on a new light. Unaware - or uncaring - of this fact, she adds, "So what's Greenwood like? I don't think we've been 'round there since I signed on."

M3mentoMori

M3mentoMori

spacer.png