Edit History

Emmettmcglynn

Emmettmcglynn

"As it happens," Mahan replies, "I agree. It's why I suggested giving him amnesty - he will better use as an asset than a bounty, especially when we can honestly tell Torpol he was toppled in a mutiny. My only concern is that if we're heading straight to Theev our options are to spend the next dozen odd weeks in transit, or trust Krrsh that the fuel depot is where he says it is. While I agree on your assessment that he's earnest, jumping into the void is an exercise in trust and pegging our fates to his is a good way of ensuring he's honest about the jump coordinates."

He sighs and shakes his head.

"Unfortunately, I think you're right. If we keep him and Cat-Killer on board, there'll be an incident. We'll be heading for Theev next which I... just don't know much about. It's the heart of the Theev Cluster, with all the baggage that implies, but I've never been. It should make for a decent place to drop him off and, assuming he wasn't lying, tap into his network for our own ends. The only issue is, can we keep the two of them apart for two weeks on the jump? Only other option is to drop him off here at Borite, and either give him transit later or tell him to find his own way. Maybe find him some sort of temp job with the locals for room and board until we can come back to pick him up."

Mahan takes a moment to mull over the options now that he'd laid them out in the air.

"I think leaving him here might be our best bet. We get him off the ship before he's found out, and he can't run far if he doesn't live up to his end of the bargain. Not that it'll matter if we've all starved to death in empty space, but I'm willing to take the gamble that there's a fuel dump there. Theev couldn't be the hub it is on J-3 traffic alone, so there has to be a connection into Sindal."

Emmettmcglynn

Emmettmcglynn

"As it happens," Mahan replies, "I agree. It's why I suggested giving him amnesty - he will better use as an asset than a bounty, especially when we can honestly tell Torpol he was toppled in a mutiny. My only concern is that if we're heading straight to Theev our options are to spend the next dozen odd weeks in transit, or trust Krrsh that the fuel depot is where he says it is. While I agree on your assessment that he's earnest, jumping into the void is an exercise in trust and pegging our fates to his is a good way of ensuring he's honest about the jump coordinates."

He sighs and shakes his head.

"Unfortunately, I think you're right. If we keep him and Cat-Killer on board, there'll be an incident. We'll be heading for Palidrome next which I... just don't know much about. It's part of the Theev Cluster, with all the baggage that implies, but I've never been. It should make for a decent place to drop him off and, assuming he wasn't lying, tap into his network for our own ends. The only issue is, can we keep the two of them apart for two weeks on the jump? Only other option is to drop him off here at Borite, and either give him transit later or tell him to find his own way. Maybe find him some sort of temp job with the locals for room and board until we can come back to pick him up."

Mahan takes a moment to mull over the options now that he'd laid them out in the air.

"I think leaving him here might be our best bet. We get him off the ship before he's found out, and he can't run far if he doesn't live up to his end of the bargain. Not that it'll matter if we've all starved to death in empty space, but I'm willing to take the gamble that there's a fuel dump there. Theev couldn't be the hub it is on J-3 traffic alone, so there has to be a connection into Sindal."