Jump to content

About This Game

Phaendar is burning! The night of iron fangs is upon us!

Game System

Pathfinder 2e

Advertising

02/21/2024

Detailed Description

It's a 2e conversion of the Ironfang Invasion Adventure Path!

ย 

The Rules topic includes some houserules, common rule interpretations, and special PbP rules.

ย 

The Characters topic is where you can find specific character building rules, ask questions, and is where you should make your application threads.

ย 

The Codex topic contains maps, NPCs, and things you discover along the way. It will be filled in as we progress.

ย 

Make a character app and ask for review when you're ready. I plan to handle this game mainly through BLDR, with an OOC channel here and another on discord. I might try the google slides method or something to let you guys move your tokens and simplify map updates, or I might stick with my method of moving pawns around in gimp based on your posts.

Looking for players willing to commit to a game for the long term. I can usually post enough to keep up with the party. Sometimes that's multiple in a day, sometimes that's 1/week. It's really up to the party, but I prefer 3-5 DM posts/week of varying size.

Apps close on Feb 21, though I'll give a couple days after to get things finished up if needed while I make final selections. I'll probably go with a party of 5, or I may think about running two parties of 3-4. I'm contemplating keeping everyone in a common world, and streamlining some of the minor encounters by splitting them between parties. Not sure if that'll work with larger encounters though, and I'm open to discussion as we go. Could be fun to mix and match so the group can morph over time to fit post rates and personalities.

  1. What's new in this game
  2. - Aiuvarin Alchemist Medic 2 AC 19 | HP 26/26 | Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 | Perception +5; low-light vision | Resistances poison 1 | Conditions: Infused Reagents: 2/6 Age does not excuse incorrectness, Carthas thought, as Jorla moved away from them with her admonishment. With nod to Oreld - he would be seeking the man out later in his shop - Carthas looked about the various activities. He was no performer for the talent show, and he certainly didn't have the strength to toss a log. He'd never really learned how to use a regular bow, either, and he suspected a crossbow was against the rules. He might be able to catch a goose, though. The ring toss was an option as well. Although...the prize for the barrel run was one Bellinda's pies. Decision made, Carthas went over to the barrel run to try and win a delicious pie. Taking up a position at the starting line, when the buzzer went, he rushed forward, running over the barrels, hoping he wouldn't misstep and fall on his face in the grass. Unfortunately, he had no sooner started then his foot slipped right off the first barrel and he faceplanted hard on the green. Fortunately, the only thing bruised was his ego, but he slipped away from the crowd as soon as he could. It looked like Rezzik, a dwarf he had often seen in the Taproot telling stories but never really interacted with, suffered a similar fate and drew the attention away from him. Moseying away, he decided to try the ring toss, as that seemed less likely to result in him embarrassing himself. Waiting his turn while Rezzik and Ardyn took their turns, he frowned at Ardyn's leg. It annoyed Carthas that he hadn't been able to figure out a way to treat the infection and restore the full use of Ardyn's leg. Once the lad finished, Carthas asked him, "Ardyn, how are you doing? Does the leg feel any better?" Once Rezzik was done, Carthas took his turn, only half paying attention as he spoke with Ardyn. His focus being divided, it took him several tries to finally knock the stake down. UNDER CONSTRUCTION... OOC Do a Barrel Run 14 Tries at Ring Toss to do 20 damage. Advanced Alchemy 4 x minor elixir of life 2 x antidote 2 x blight bomb
  3. Rezzik | HP 28/28 | AC 17 | Fort +7 | Ref +8 | Will +6 | Speed: 20 | Perception: +6 Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploit Vulnerability: N/A | TalismansDaily: 2 1) Potency Crystal: Affixed to Gun 2) Wolf Fang: Unaffixed Conditions: (Off-guard), | Effects: Addiction Suppressed; +1 to saves against fear Rezzik dusts himself off after his fall and watches other townsfolk try their luck for a while, leaning against a fence for support. He never quite appreciated the late-summer heat as much as he should have, given that it always reminds him of the forges at home. Yet, some part of him today is wistful, nostalgic for the days he learned to forge the steel for his first gun. He was brash and willful back then, not yet beaten down by his failures or sodden by drink. It wasn't even all that long ago, by a dwarf's reckoning, though it feels like a lifetime ago to Rez. After a while, the junk-peddler carries himself over to the ring toss, watching as another young human makes a valiant effort. Surely this time Rezzik can shake off the cobwebs and hit the mark. He steps up and takes aim with his first ring, followed by more. He remains bleary-eyed, the whiskey holding its grip on the dwarf as he weakly attempts his throws. OOC & Actions Another 10 minutes, another Fort save to sober up. -edit: Failed Then, ring tossing! (Activity #2) Edit: 25 damage after 10 tosses.
  4. - Human Wood Kineticist/Cosmos Oracle 2 HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 Perception: +4 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +4 ConsumablesItems: - Abilities: - Talimans: - Permanent Magic Items: - | SpellsCantrips: -Haunting Hymn -Needle Darts Level 1: - Focus: - | Skills*Acrobatics: +5 Arcana: +1 *Athletics: +6 Crafting: +1 *Deception: +6 *Diplomacy: +6 *Warfare Lore: +5 *Intimidate: +6 Medicine: +1 *Nature: +4 Occultism: +1 Performance: +0 *Religion: +4 Society: +4 *Stealth: +5 *Survival: +4 Thievery: +1 *Trained | **Expert | ***Master | Conditions: Bonuses and Abilities Abilities: -Kinetic Gate (Single Gate) -Kinetic Aura -Impulses -Experienced Tracker Actions: -Intimidating Glare -Elemental Blast -Base Kinesis -Weapon Infusion -Hardwood Armor -Hail of Splinters Ardyn watched as with great effort, despite his limp leg, he tossed the log.... And it landed a bit away from the target but closer to it. Looking over to where Ealdred was, he felt a bit of comfort knowing he at least did better than the Big Man himself. After all, the latter completely missed the mark due to sudden goose crossing distracting him. The young man unfortunately recognized that particular goose, having been the one who stole the small silver bell from the Shrine three times and made the whole village go after it. "I'm surprised they were able to finally catch it. Then again, it's more likely that goose is using the other geese as cover for his or her shenanigans." Once the log tossing contest was over, he looked around at the other games. Ardyn considered returning for the barrel run but decided to leave that one for last. The talent show was also a no go, because he wouldn't know what he knew that counted as a talent. And he didn't feel like dealing with the geese after earlier, so that left archery and the ring toss. "....ring toss it is." With that decided, Ardyn walked towards the ring toss competition and received his rings after the explanation of the rules. The young man felt a bit more confident with using the rings than using the bow. The latter brought back memories of his Chernasardo training alongside Lawrence and Raelyn. He wondered how they were, his last letter from Raelyn having been over a month and a half ago. Shaking the thoughts out of his head, Ardyn readied and threw the ring at the stake ahead of him. (OOC: 22 damage after ten rolls. Ignore the ones after 10)
  5. Honestly, this is the second time I used the site's dice roller. The first time, I got the game's version of a nat 1 as my very first rolll.
  6. In another game, I'm not sure I've rolled above a 10 the whole game. Maybe on something inconsequential, but the site's dice roller has largely been brutal to me, too!
  7. Rezzik | HP 28/28 | AC 17 | Fort +7 | Ref +8 | Will +6 | Speed: 20 | Perception: +6 Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploit Vulnerability: N/A | TalismansDaily: 2 1) Potency Crystal: Affixed to Gun 2) Wolf Fang: Unaffixed Conditions: (Off-guard), | Effects: Addiction Suppressed; +1 to saves against fear (10 minutes) The grizzled dwarf lets out a harrumph as Ragnhild attempts to shut down his story, though his perturbed expression quickly transforms into a ruddy-faced grin. "Ah, lass, what? Yer parents ne'er tell ya fairy-stories? 'S all in good fun. Besides, I seen 'em! Y'see, fairies, they jus' don't like makin' appearances for those who ain't no fun, see? So get on, go enjoy the festival! Maybe you'll manage to see a fairy or two. If not, at leas' ya might learn there's value in flights of fancy. After all, there's always a bit o' true even in tall tales." Rezzik winks, then turns back to the bar, seeing Ealdred has left with Elowen to enjoy the festival. He grabs the mug first offered by Jet and downs it, then downs the pressed cider as a chaser. He shakes his head wipes the bleariness from his face, then wanders away from the bar. 'Should probably take a bit o' my own advice. There is that pie, aft'r all...' Sauntering out the door into the open light of day, still several hours until sunset, Rezzik shakes his head again, hops about on his feet, and shakes out his hands. He does some light stretching, which seems to be more for show than effect, then wanders out to the Green. Rezzik sees all the games out with many people competing for trinkets. As luck would have it, he loves trinkets! The dwarf heads for the Barrel Run first, with pie on his mind. Though he's still a bit handicapped from earlier, he does his best to compete, though he sees a young lad much more spry than his drunken self. As the race begins, Rezzik stumbles, his foot slipping off the barrel and landing him flat on his face. He sits up and grumbles, but then raises both arms and grins, showing he's a good sport. Best to play the lovable buffoon than surrender to cynicism. People are less interested in tossing you a coin if you're irascible.... OOC & Actions Since he's still at Stage 1 drunkenness, I'll roll another Fort save to see how Rez is doing after that drink. Watered down though it may be, he drank it quickly. I'll also roll Acrobatics for the Barrel Run, though I'll save my Hero Point for a different competition. -edit- Crit failed the save against the alcohol, but that's the after-10 minutes to sober up again. The save doesn't advance his stage, but he remains at Stage 2 until he saves again.
  8. Ragnhild Iona Eklund Human Shieldmaiden 2 | | AC: 19 | HP: 28/28 | Perception: +7 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +9 | Steel Shield 1: +2 AC, 5 Hardness; 20/10AC Bonus: +2 Speed Penalty: โ€” Hardness: 5 HP (BT): 20 (10) Bulk: 1 Hero Points:: 1/3 | Focus Points: 0/0 | Battle Medicine (2d8 DC 15)Ragna, Stormborn Cleric DC: 17 +7 | CantripsGuidance โ—†โ—† Void Warp โ—†โ—† Light โ—†โ—† Needle Darts โ—†โ—† Rousing Splash โ—†โ—† | Level 1 SpellsBless โ—†โ—† (2/2) Magic Weapon โ—†โ—† (1/1) Beastmaster DC: 13 Trident: +9/+4/-1 1d8+4 PCategory: Martial Price: 1 gp Group: Spear Damage: 1d8 P Hands: 1 Weapon Traits: Thrown 20 ft. Bulk: 1 This three-pronged, spear-like weapon typically has a 4-foot shaft. Like a spear, it can be wielded with one hand or thrown. | Greatsword: +9/+4/-1 1d12+4 S | Needle Darts: +7 3d4PAttack Cantrip Concentrate Manipulate Metal Source Rage of Elements pg. 144 PFS Note Any spells which require metal to function require the PC to be in possession of at least one chunk of that metal or an item made of that metal. Traditions arcane, divine, occult, primal Cast [two-actions] Range 60 feet; Targets 1 creature Defense AC You shape three needles out of a piece of metal in your possession and send them flying in a tight group toward one target. Make a spell attack roll against your target's AC. The needles deal 3d4 piercing damage and might cause bleeding. The needles impart any special properties of the metal that forms them; for instance, cold iron needles deal additional damage to creatures with weakness to cold iron. All the needles are made of the same metal, and the metal returns to you after the attack. Critical Success The target takes double damage and 1 persistent bleed damage. Success The target takes full damage. Heightened (+1) You send one additional needle, increasing the regular damage by 1d4 and increasing the persistent bleed damage on a critical hit by 1. | Void Warp: Fort DC 17 2d4VCANTRIP CONCENTRATE MANIPULATE VOID Traditions arcane, divine, occult Range 30 feet; Targets 1 living creature Defense Fortitude You call upon the Void to harm life force. The target takes 2d4 void damage with a basic Fortitude save. On a critical failure, the target is also enfeebled 1 until the start of your next turn. Heightened (+1) The damage increases by 1d4. Magic Items:: Current Effects: None. "Dialogue." Thoughts. Mechanics Reaction: Shield BlockTrigger While you have your shield raised, you would take physical damage (bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing) from an attack. You snap your shield in place to ward off a blow. Your shield prevents you from taking an amount of damage up to the shieldโ€™s Hardness. You and the shield each take any remaining damage, possibly breaking or destroying the shield. Action 1: ath (forgot to add +1 from Guidance, so 28 total. Although perhaps spells are against the spirit of the games? If so, she'll only say a flavorful prayer, not a mechanical one. Well well well, a critical success!) Action 2: Action 3: OOC None Misc Skills Trained: โ—† | Expert: โ—†โ—† | Master: โ—†โ—†โ—† | Legendary: โ—†โ—†โ—†โ—† Acrobatics: +1 Arcana: +0 Athletics: +8 โ—† Crafting: +0 Deception: +0 Diplomacy: +0 Intimidation: +0 Lore (Forest): +4 โ—† Medicine: +7 โ—† Occultism: +0 Nature: +7 โ—† Performance: +0 Religion: +7 โ—† Society: +0 Stealth: -1 Survival: +7 โ—† Thievery: +1
  9. AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 38 | CURRENT: 38 | HERO POINTS: 1 FORTITUDE: +9 | REFLEX: +4 | WILL: +7 | PERCEPTION: +7 ACTIVE EFFECTS: None. CONDITIONS: None. In the midst of the log-toss competition, Ealdred stepped forward, muscles coiled like a spring as he prepared for the mighty heave. The log, weathered and heavy, rested in his calloused hands. With a determined grunt, he launched it into the air, aiming for the designated target. However, as fate would have it, a honking gaggle of geese, perturbed by the capture of their fellows, scattered across the competition area. One of them, a particularly loud and indignant bird, chose that exact moment to dash across Ealdred's path. Startled, Ealdred's attention wavered for the briefest of moments. In that crucial instant, the log, instead of soaring gracefully through the air, veered off course. It crashed into the ground with a thud, far from the intended target. Laughter erupted from the spectators as Ealdred, caught off guard by the avian intrusion, stumbled backward, barely managing to keep his balance. Amidst the good-natured chuckles of the onlookers, Elowen couldn't contain her own giggles. She rushed over to her uncle, who was now seated on the log, shaking his head in mock disappointment. "Uncle Ealdred, you tried to toss the log, but the geese had other plans!" Elowen exclaimed between bouts of laughter. Ealdred, taking it all in stride, joined in the mirth. "Aye, Elowen, it seems the geese wanted a front-row seat to my lumberjack skills. I reckon I owe them a share of the applause." The two sat side by side on the log, the raucous atmosphere of the log-toss competition continuing around them. Despite the minor mishap, the shared laughter and the joy of the festival filled the air, creating a moment of warmth and camaraderie. With a good-natured grin, Ealdred turned to Elowen, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Elowen, lass, what say you try your hand at the goose chase? That honker who disrupted my log-tossing deserves a bit of comeuppance, and who better to catch it than my skilled niece? It's all in good fun, and I reckon you've got the agility to give those geese a run for their feathers. What do you think?" He patted her shoulder encouragingly, his genuine enthusiasm for the idea evident. The prospect of Elowen participating in the goose chase added a playful twist to the festival, and Ealdred was keen to see his niece embrace the challenge. Elowen's eyes sparkled with a mischievous glint as she looked up at her uncle. "Challenge accepted! Let's show that honker who's boss!" Out of Character Free Action: Reaction: Action 1: Not sure what El's Nature or Thievery would be, so I will roll some raw d20's for her. Heh. Action 2: Action 3:
  10. I can agree on the dice roller. I mean a 10 then using a hero point, a 12? The dice giveth and the dice taketh.
  11. - Human Wood Kineticist/Cosmos Oracle 2 HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 Perception: +4 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +4 ConsumablesItems: - Abilities: - Talimans: - Permanent Magic Items: - | SpellsCantrips: -Haunting Hymn -Needle Darts Level 1: - Focus: - | Skills*Acrobatics: +5 Arcana: +1 *Athletics: +6 Crafting: +1 *Deception: +6 *Diplomacy: +6 *Warfare Lore: +5 *Intimidate: +6 Medicine: +1 *Nature: +4 Occultism: +1 Performance: +0 *Religion: +4 Society: +4 *Stealth: +5 *Survival: +4 Thievery: +1 *Trained | **Expert | ***Master | Conditions: Bonuses and Abilities Abilities: -Kinetic Gate (Single Gate) -Kinetic Aura -Impulses -Experienced Tracker Actions: -Intimidating Glare -Elemental Blast -Base Kinesis -Weapon Infusion -Hardwood Armor -Hail of Splinters Talus frowned slightly at the mention of no pies. It seems Talus' luck with getting Belinda's treats has struck again but thankfully, the druid was able to stop the halfling's story of his symptoms, which they've all heard to death by now, and he walked away with him. "Maybe those pies will be prizes in the games. It should be worth checking out." He followed Talus back to the festival, finding the table where the elderly halfling baker was, easy to find due to the scent of warm pies wafting from it. Looking around, the young man noticed the log tossing competition and got curious about it. "Why don't you go try you luck at the barrels? I feel like doing the log tossing contest." Patting the druid on the shoulder for luck, Ardyn made his way towards where the log tossing was happening, arriving at the same time as Ealdred and Elowen. Waving at the uncle and niece duo, the other contestants were surprised at him actually participating. After hearing the rules, he bent down to lift up the big log assigned to him and tossed it.
  12. Talus DeVale HP: 30/30 AC: 17Unarmored Perception +8 Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +10 When he's told that there are no pies, Talus is more than a little disappointed, but he hides it well. "I'm not here for pie, sir," he says to Nichol, smiling and shaking his head. "I have a message for your wife. I should have known she'd be out at the Green. I'll leave you to your business, then." With that, he returns to the festival and weaves his way through the crowd to find Bellinda herself, sitting at a prize table which is loaded with pies and other goodies. "Message for you, ma'am!" he pipes up, hastily handing her a slightly-crumpled note. Once that's done, Talus looks again at his own notes. "Next on the list is... 'take a break'. Heh. Nice of them to remind me." Finally stopping to take a breath, he looks around and sees the barrel-run game Nichol had mentioned. Old folks and their knees... I know how it is. My mum's knees are getting bad, too. He smiles as he steps up to participate. This is for you, Mum. Just as he's about to start, he glances over and sees the prize - a hot, fresh pie. His smile widens as he thinks Well, it's also for me. And he performs quite admirably, despite his lack of acrobatic training. All that's left now is to wait and see if he won.
  13. Did I mention I hate the dice roller ... a 4?!? I can roll better than that, it's the big man's first outing. Nope, a 1, screw you and your hero point. Uggh.
  14. AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 38 | CURRENT: 38 | HERO POINTS: 1 FORTITUDE: +9 | REFLEX: +4 | WILL: +7 | PERCEPTION: +7 ACTIVE EFFECTS: None. CONDITIONS: None. Ealdred watched with a mixture of concern and empathy as Rezzik struggled with his inner demons, recognizing the silent battle raging within the dwarf's troubled soul. Despite his own reservations about festivals, Ealdred couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for Rezzik's plight. The dwarf's attempt to brush off his troubles didn't escape Ealdred's notice, but he respected the man's desire to maintain a semblance of composure in front of the young girl, Elowen. When Elowen approached, her innocent request for a story tugging at Ealdred's heartstrings, he smiled warmly at her, admiring her genuine curiosity and eagerness for adventure. As Rezzik began his tale of invisible creatures, Ealdred listened attentively, appreciating the effort the dwarf was making to engage with the young girl. However, Ragnhild's interjection brought a new perspective to the conversation. Her quiet but firm correction reminded Ealdred of the importance of truth, even in the midst of fanciful storytelling. He nodded in agreement with Ragnhild's correction, acknowledging the importance of grounding stories in reality, especially when young minds were involved. Turning his attention back to Elowen, Ealdred gently squeezed her hand, offering her a reassuring smile. "Ragnhild makes a good point, Elowen," he said, his voice soft but earnest. "While stories can be entertaining, it's important to remember the difference between fantasy and reality." As the tale wound down, and Elowen expressed her excitement about hearing more stories, Ealdred offered Rezzik a genuine smile. "Thank you, Rezzik," he said, his voice carrying a subtle undercurrent of appreciation. "That was a captivating story. We'll be outside enjoying the festivities if you decide to join us." With that, Ealdred led Elowen towards the door, giving Rezzik a parting nod that held a silent message of encouragement. Sometimes, a small gesture of acknowledgment could mean more than words, and Ealdred hoped that Rezzik would find strength in the shared moment. As the festival buzzed with activity outside, Ealdred felt a surge of excitement at the prospect of participating in the upcoming events. Glancing towards the log-throwing competition, he felt a flicker of anticipation. "Shall we, Elowen?" he asked, gesturing towards the lively crowd outside. "It looks like there's some fun to be had out there." With a reassuring smile, Ealdred led Elowen towards the festivities, eager to join in the merriment and perhaps even test his strength in the log-throwing competition. As they stepped outside into the bustling atmosphere of the festival, Ealdred couldn't help but feel grateful for the opportunity to share in this moment of joy with his young companion. As Ealdred and Elowen stepped out into the lively festival atmosphere, the Green was a tapestry of colors, sounds, and activities. The air was filled with the laughter of children, the melodies of musicians, and the tantalizing aroma of festival fare. Their eyes caught the impressive sight of Aubrin confidently donning a blindfold for the archery display, a testament to her remarkable skill. Ealdred gave a nod of respect, appreciating the determination and precision required for such a feat. Nearby, the village boy showcasing his juggling prowess drew their attention, and Elowen's eyes widened in awe at the seamless coordination of the flying objects. Amidst the whirlwind of activities, Tess, the elf known for captivating performances, caught their attention. She seemed preoccupied, glancing around as if searching for someone. Ealdred recognized the longing in her gaze and made a mental note to inquire about it later. The honking geese in their cages added a comical touch to the festivities, their protestations creating a symphony of honks that echoed through the Green. Ealdred chuckled at the sight, and Elowen couldn't help but giggle at the disgruntled birds. As they approached the log-throwing area, the rhythmic thuds of axes biting into wood signaled the ongoing lumberjack competition. Father Noelan, with his calming presence, caught sight of Ealdred and Elowen making their way through the festivities. His eyes twinkled with warmth, and a serene smile graced his features as they approached. "Ealdred, Elowen," Father Noelan greeted them with a nod, his voice carrying the tranquility of a seasoned cleric. "Enjoying the festivities, I see. The Green is alive with joy today." Ealdred, with a respectful dip of his head, replied, "Indeed, Father. Phaendar knows how to celebrate." Elowen, a bit shy in the presence of the revered figure, offered a small wave. Father Noelan's gaze shifted to the young girl, and he spoke with a gentle tone, "And how are you finding the festival, Elowen? So many wonders to behold, I'm sure." Elowen nodded, her eyes brightening, "It's amazing, Father! We heard some great stories at the Taproot, and now we're heading to watch the log-throwing competition." Father Noelan chuckled, a sound like a soothing melody. "Ah, the log toss. A display of strength and skill. May your spirits be lifted by the camaraderie and the feats of our sturdy competitors." As Father Noelan continued his leisurely stroll, Ealdred noticed a group of log-toss competitors, likely lumberjacks or foresters. Among them, he recognized familiar faces from Gristledown, the logging thorp outside Phaendar where he worked seasonally under Korvus' employ. "Ealdred!" a burly lumberjack called out, recognizing the jovial man. It was Bjorn, a seasoned forester Ealdred had worked with in the past. "Back in Phaendar for the festival, are ye?" Ealdred grinned, clasping Bjorn's hand in a firm shake. "Aye, Bjorn! Just for a bit of merriment. How's the logging been in Gristledown? Korvus still keeping you lot in line?!" Out of Character Free Action: Reaction: Action 1: Action 2: Action 3:
  15. 15:00, Starday, 6 ArodusGregorian Calendar Equivalent: August Environment: Ambient Illumination: At the Taproot, Jet bustles around keeping Wendy the serving girl on task, pouring drinks, and sparing a moment to glare at Garren as he wanders flashing his too-handsome smile. It doesn't work on her. Probably. She normally prefers a calm evening where she can play the flute a little, pour a few drinks, and wipe down the bar slowly as she chats with patrons. Today being the first day of the market festival, she's got a few days of this hubbub to look forward to. She knuckles her back and wipes her brow with a cloth, then hurries to get Ealdred and Elowen's order muttering to herself, "too hot for stew today. Should've served some cold goose..." She gets Wendy to take them their plates, then hears Rezzik's request. She obliges, though as she started doing some time back, she cuts his Oldlaw with a few drams of water. Same as she does for Aubrin. A good storyteller can really move drinks, but a sloshed storyteller is never good. Aubrin hasn't made it to the inn yet, probably off at the festival showing off her archery blind-folded or something, so Rezzik is the entertainment for now. But later a visiting bard is scheduled to perform, so there's that to look forward to. When Rezzik refuses the drink she looks at him a bit quizzically, then asks, "uh... how about some pressed cider then?" Out on the green Vane Oreld nods along with Carthas and gives him a thankful look. Jorla's eyes seem to glaze over during his detailed and thorough explanation as she waits for her turn to speak. "You boys just carry on and mind yours now." She says, in a tone more commonly used when talking to children. "The old ways are best, and I learned this straight from my ma. I've been doing this since before either of you were born." She's interrupted when there's a call for the competitors to gather for the annual barrel run. Distracted she moves off after a heavily pregnant young woman to lean close and ask her something. The woman smiles and laughs as they walk across the Green. Father Noelan chases Ardyn out of the shrine and sighs, taking a moment to pray for the boy to go enjoy his youth and have a bit more fun. Erastil knows he did in his day. After a bit more sweeping, mostly out of habit more than need, he puts up the broom and takes his own turn about the Green, enjoying a cool mug of cider that must have been dangled in the Marideth river to be so refreshing, and basking in the sight of so many young people enjoying their day. It brings joy to an old man's heart. As Ardyn and Talus make their way to Bellinda's they're greeted by only disappointment. A sign on her door proclaims "At the Festival on the Green" in blocky letters, and there on her porch is her husbandNichol Marrin. "What are you freeloaders doing here?" He says with a grin, teasing but not entirely unfriendly. "Trying to beg some scraps of Belli's baking? Well you're going to have to earn it today boys." He laughs. "All gone to prizes for the festival and sold to the Taproot. You know, before my knee started locking up i used to run that barrel race. See i have this condition, it's called 'snapping tendon syndrome', have I ever told you about it...?" He has, much like he's told everyone in town... Aubrin is indeed putting on a blindfold while holding her magnificent bow out on the Green. The archery competition is coming soon, but she'll never compete in that out of fairness to the others in town. Even half blind she's an exemplary archer, when she's got time to aim and a spotter to help. Still, hitting a bullseye in 3 tries blindfolded? Not many here can do that from 50 paces not blindfolded. Around the green others are getting ready for their own events. The flute-playing farmgirl Alicia has stepped down from the small stage, and other performers have gathered for the upcoming talent show. The favorite, same as last year, is the pretty elf who goes by Tess. Whether singing or dancing she always captivates the crowd. She seems distracted though, looking around for someone, and there's a village boy who's taken up juggling and is quite good,. Perhaps this is his year? A large assortment of cages holds honking geese that aren't entirely pleased with the crowd, and several men with brawny muscles limber up in front of a log that puts anything from this side of the Marideth to shame. The fun and games are about to begin! Town Map A. Oreld's Fine Shop B. Phaendar Trading Company C. Riverwood Shrine D. Taproot Inn E. Phaendar Bridge Party Status -This is where I'll normally have a small table of stats like HP, Conditions/Afflictions, and default Exploration Activities -I'll also include loot here, and occasionally dump that into another thread on the Party tab for you guys to fight over distribute. Mechanics and OOC Games: -Archery- Using a bow and arrow (your own or a loaner) make successively longer ranged attacks. DC10, DC15, DC20. Closest to the bullseye (highest roll in final) wins. Prize: choice of 5 special arrows -Barrel Run- A row of empty barrels and you race across the tops. DC16 acrobatics to finish, fastest (highest roll) wins. Prize: Bellinda Merrin's famous pie. -Log Toss- Throw a big log as far as you can. Highest athletics check wins. DC16 (Take 1d8 damage on a natural 1). Prize: Strongman Belt -Ring toss- Hurl rings like frisbees until you knock down a stake driven into the ground. First to 20 damage wins, in combat rounds. The rings are thrown weapons with a D8 damage die. The targets are AC18. Prize: keep two rings as trophies -Talent Show- Perform whatever act you'd like, showing your amazing talent for the crowd. DC14. Highest wins. Prize: Silver pipes pin -Wild Goose Chase- Geese have been turned loose all over town from the fletcher Stenhurst's farm for the traditional Phaendar goose chase. Wings clipped, they need to be found and captured without harm. Nature or Thievery, DC18. Most successes in 5 rolls. Prize: a goose! The DC for some of these is for the respect of your peers and Influence with the townsfolk. The overall winners get the listed prizes that have small mechanical benefits I'll reveal after. I'll have 3 competitors for each event or as many party members as wish to participate. (Pie can be substituted for any prize)
  16. Ragnhild Iona Eklund Human Shieldmaiden 2 | | AC: 19 | HP: 28/28 | Perception: +7 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +9 | Steel Shield 1: +2 AC, 5 Hardness; 20/10AC Bonus: +2 Speed Penalty: โ€” Hardness: 5 HP (BT): 20 (10) Bulk: 1 Hero Points:: 1/3 | Focus Points: 0/0 | Battle Medicine (2d8 DC 15)Ragna, Stormborn Cleric DC: 17 +7 | CantripsGuidance โ—†โ—† Void Warp โ—†โ—† Light โ—†โ—† Needle Darts โ—†โ—† Rousing Splash โ—†โ—† | Level 1 SpellsBless โ—†โ—† (2/2) Magic Weapon โ—†โ—† (1/1) Beastmaster DC: 13 Trident: +9/+4/-1 1d8+4 PCategory: Martial Price: 1 gp Group: Spear Damage: 1d8 P Hands: 1 Weapon Traits: Thrown 20 ft. Bulk: 1 This three-pronged, spear-like weapon typically has a 4-foot shaft. Like a spear, it can be wielded with one hand or thrown. | Greatsword: +9/+4/-1 1d12+4 S Magic Items:: Current Effects: None. Ragnhild Iona Eklund never liked festival. It was too noisy, and there were too many people around. She's not wearing her usual green affair today. Instead, she wears a lapis blue cotton tunic trimmed with silver, to match her parents' outfits for the festival, and she feels like the unusual color (for her) makes her stand out. Her mother, Alvilda, and her father Ragnar escort their daughter across the Green. Ragna is small, shoulders slumped, gaze down. Her parents not so much. The two Ulfen stand tall, heads held high as they gaze out across the sea of folks gathered on the Green. They were the ones who insisted Ragna attend the festival, much to the young ladies chagrin. She prefers to blend in and watch the world from a distance. Alvilda particularly enjoyed the market. Despite their relative proximity to Phaendar, the dwarves in the Mindspin Mountains rarely made it past the hordes of giants and orcs at their underground fortress gates to sell their wares, so the blacksmith took the opportunity of the yearly market to acquire exotic or highly refined materials from the city for her trade. "I'm off to find Burgirlum Drakemane to pick up my shipment of Drakonite. He is..." She waves a hand dismissively and looks about the town square for the short-even-for-a-dwarf dwarf. "Around here somewhere." "I'd better go help your mother. " Ragnar says, his voice booming as it always does, regardless of whether or not he is shouting, and squeezes Ragna's hand as way of a goodbye. He starts to leave, but is stopped when his daughter fails to relinquish his hand, instead grinning mischievously. He returns her grin, then pulls her into a hug that lifts her a few inches off of the ground, his massive arms squeezing a satisfied sigh from Ragna. He lets her go after a few moments and ruffles her strawberry blonde hair. "I love you, daddy!" She declares, her heart fluttering once her feet return to the ground. "I love you too, Grasshopper. Now go have some fun. And stay in town." The big man takes his leave, following his wife, the crowd parting readily before him. Ragnhild purses her lips in a pout, annoyed that her parents, who were the ones who dragged her here to begin with, abandon her. She exhales, long and slow, blowing a tuft of her long bangs out of her eye. This is stupid! I could be swimming right now... She looks around the crowded Green but, unlike her parents, she cannot see anything useful, as even many of the children in town are taller than her. Part of her was hoping she would see Tess, the thought sending her heart fluttering again, but part of her wanted to avoid the shaman who always seemed to be trying to push shy Ragna to be more gregarious. She doesn't see the Aiuvarin and sighs with a mixture of disappointment and relief. The one thing Ragnhild liked about the festival was the stories the outsiders had to tell. With no better ideas, she makes her way to the Taproot, hoping she can sneak in and overhear tales from distant travelers. Seeing a group gathered near the bar, she assumes they're hearing a great tale of adventure, and she makes her way excitedly towards the bar, trying not to jostle anyone on the way. Maybe it's a sailor, telling tales of the sea! Oh, how I would love to hear about the ocean! Her dreams are shattered when she gets close enough to identify the storyteller. Oh, it's just Rezzik telling tall tales again. Boo. She listens to him talk about faeries, but she's heard all the stories he has to tell. Many times. Like most in town. Blushing, Ragnhild interjects, thinking the idea of invisible monsters everywhere might frighten the child (Eyowen, I think?) whom he seemed to be spinning the tale for. "There aren't invisible creatures in Phaendar, Rezzik." Either of her parents would probably add that very few people can see the things the drunken dwarf oft claims to see, but that seemed a cruel sentiment. Ever loathe to take center stage, she quickly steps back, fidgeting with the fingers of her leather gloves. Mechanics Reaction : Shield BlockTrigger While you have your shield raised, you would take physical damage (bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing) from an attack. You snap your shield in place to ward off a blow. Your shield prevents you from taking an amount of damage up to the shieldโ€™s Hardness. You and the shield each take any remaining damage, possibly breaking or destroying the shield. Action 1: Action 2: Action 3: OOC None Misc Skills Trained: โ—† | Expert: โ—†โ—† | Master: โ—†โ—†โ—† | Legendary: โ—†โ—†โ—†โ—† Acrobatics: +1 Arcana: +0 Athletics: +8 โ—† Crafting: +0 Deception: +0 Diplomacy: +0 Intimidation: +0 Lore (Forest): +4 โ—† Medicine: +7 โ—† Occultism: +0 Nature: +7 โ—† Performance: +0 Religion: +7 โ—† Society: +0 Stealth: -1 Survival: +7 โ—† Thievery: +1
  17. Rezzik | HP 28/28 | AC 17 | Fort +7 | Ref +8 | Will +6 | Speed: 20 | Perception: +6 Hero Points: 1/3 | Exploit Vulnerability: N/A | TalismansDaily: 2 1) Potency Crystal: Affixed to Gun 2) Wolf Fang: Unaffixed Conditions: (Off-guard), | Effects: Addiction Suppressed; +1 to saves against fear (10 minutes) Rezzik finds himself taken by surprise and caught off-guard. Anger wells up in him as the large human man - by Torag does he fill the room - intercedes, and his hand trembles as he thinks of how to respond... but he brushes it off. The man was just trying his best to set an example for the young girl, as honest an intention as there ever were one. Now, there was a sad tale, but not one for Rezzik to tell. The dwarf huffs out a desperate sigh. "Yer right, o'course. Ain't got much spirit to raise, 'm afraid." He wipes his hand over his face as he looks back at Jet to see if she had heard his request. Just then, the young girl approaches and makes a request of her own. 'Damn it, can't say no to the little one. Sneaky feller, that Ealdred, fer someone you could see comin' a mile away.' He pauses for a moment, then raises his voice a bit as he leans over the bar. "Ah, 'm afraid I - hic - I gotta delay that drink order, Jet. I got... business to attend to." Shaking his head, he tries to collect himself and his thoughts. 'Gotta think straight...' "Ah, well lass, that's jus' the thing. Some o' the most amazin' things out in this world are the ones ya can't see! Ye've heard o' faeries, I'm sure, yeah? Well, did you know that... that pixies... pixies can turn invisible whenever they want? Why, there could be... a whole mess o' them right here, right now! There's a story I recall that starts..." He continues, doing his best to recall what he can for Elowen. OOC & Actions Rezzik will 100% come back to the bar and get a drink before last call as long as Ealdred leaves before then, but until then Rezzik spends his time recounting what he can about invisible creatures. I'm taking a bit of a leap on what he can recall without a knowledge check, but trying to stick to pretty common folklore that he should be able to recall without any difficulty. Given the interruption of his drinking, I'm going to roll Rezzik's 10 minute fort save now to see if he sobers up while telling his story.
  18. - Human Wood Kineticist/Cosmos Oracle 2 HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 Perception: +4 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +4 ConsumablesItems: - Abilities: - Talimans: - Permanent Magic Items: - | SpellsCantrips: -Haunting Hymn -Needle Darts Level 1: - Focus: - | Skills*Acrobatics: +5 Arcana: +1 *Athletics: +6 Crafting: +1 *Deception: +6 *Diplomacy: +6 *Warfare Lore: +5 *Intimidate: +6 Medicine: +1 *Nature: +4 Occultism: +1 Performance: +0 *Religion: +4 Society: +4 *Stealth: +5 *Survival: +4 Thievery: +1 *Trained | **Expert | ***Master | Conditions: Bonuses and Abilities Abilities: -Kinetic Gate (Single Gate) -Kinetic Aura -Impulses -Experienced Tracker Actions: -Intimidating Glare -Elemental Blast -Base Kinesis -Weapon Infusion -Hardwood Armor -Hail of Splinters "Yum, I haven't had one of Belinda's pies in a while. Sure I'll come with. I hope it's her triple berry special!" Ardyn replied and followed Talus, dropping the stick from his hand. As he walked with the druid towards the kindly, elderly halfling baker, the two passed by an argument between the town midwife, Jora and the town alchemist Ored, with the traveling healer Carthas trying to mediate between the two. Despite Talus' muttering, the former scout nodded in agreement with the druid, as if he could guess what he was thinking. "At least it's not Kining. I think Jora's the only person in the village to make that dwarf actually yell. If only she was eating one of Belinda's pies. It's one of the few things I've seen that made the midwife calm down. No one can say no to those pies." Ardyn simply continued on with Talus, reaching Belinda's place. He could smell the scent of a freshly baked pie as the two moved closer. "That smell delicious. Maybe you'll actually get some this time."
  19. AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 38 | CURRENT: 38 | HERO POINTS: 1 FORTITUDE: +9 | REFLEX: +4 | WILL: +7 | PERCEPTION: +7 ACTIVE EFFECTS: None. CONDITIONS: None. Ealdred observed the scene from a corner of the Taproot Tavern, sighing with a mixture of sympathy and concern. He had heard Rezzik's tales before โ€“ the remnants of a once-hopeful man now drowning in drink and the echoes of what might have been. Watching him approach the bar with unsteady steps, Ealdred contemplated how to respond. After a moment's thought, Ealdred decided to approach Rezzik with a gentle but firm demeanor. Placing a hand on the dwarf's shoulder, he said, "Rezzik, my friend, a moment if you will." Ealdred looked at him with a knowing gaze, recognizing the struggles beneath the surface. "I've heard your tales, and they're captivating, but let's not drown our sorrows in a mug." The big man turned toward where Elowen sat, slurping at her stew. "How about we find another way to lift our spirits?" As if sensing her uncle's eyes on her, Elowen looked over, offered Rezzik a hesitant wave, a look of concern and curiosity on her face. At some unseen gesture from Ealdred, she hopped down from her bench and walked over to where the dwarf and her uncle spoke, putting her small hand in the dwarf's calloused one. "Mr. Rezzik, could you tell me a story too? I bet you've seen so many amazing things out there!" Her voice was sweet and hopeful, a stark contrast to the melancholic air surrounding Rezzik. Out of Character Free Action: Reaction: Action 1: Action 2: Action 3:
  20. Talus DeVale HP: 30/30 AC: 17Unarmored Perception +8 Fort +6 Ref +7 Will +10 "Glad to hear it!" Talus gives Ardyn a big grin, then says "Oh, uh, you have a bit of wood on your face..." He's been curious about the odd sort of 'magnetism' Ardyn has, but neither he nor Ardyn himself have been able to figure it out thus far. Talus quickly checks the handwritten notes he'd been given, and when he sees where he is going next, he perks up even more. "Hey, I'm going to Bellinda's. Maybe today I'll finally get one of her pies. Want to come with?" Talus has had notoriously bad luck with Bellinda's pies. He's always wanted to try one, but any time he goes there, she's all out - and asking her to bake a new one just for him would be rude, right? That's how he sees it, at least. As he makes his way to Bellinda's, he overhears Carthas giving advice to Jorla. "Brave man," he mutters to himself. He knows first-hand that Jorla hates being told how to do her own job, and she is known for being quite snappy when angered - sometimes even going so far as to say "I brought you into this world, I can take you out of it." On the other hand, he has seen Carthas every now and again, but they aren't closely familiar with each other, so he can't help but wonder how the alchemist will react if he sees the midwife's dark side.
  21. Ardyn Lytheral: "Ardyn, lad, he's been through the crucible, and still, he stands strong. A survivor of the siege, he's got tales that'd make your hair stand on end. But look past the trauma, and you'll find a resourceful spirit. Quiet at first, but once you earn his trust, he's a fountain of wilderness lore. Aye, his leg may carry a limp, a reminder of his encounter with the Ironfang, but there's strength in that limp. The lad's got a green touch with plants, a knack for healing with herbs that surprised us all. He's found solace in Phaendar; there's more to him than meets the eye, and the green touch of his may yet weave its own tale of resilience and growth." Ragnhild Iona Eklund: "Ah, Ragnhild, a lass with the heart of a warrior, and eyes that have seen both the stormy seas and the untamed wilderness. She's got the blood of the Linnorm Kings running through her veins, fierce and untamed. Brave as they come, yet still, a sprout in the grand forest of life. She's got the makings of a great shieldmaiden, and I've no doubt she'll forge her own saga, bold and true. She's got a love for the land, a keen eye for the friendly creatures, and a spirit as wild as the Fangwood itself! Proud of her, I am, for the woman she's becoming, with a heart as boundless as the horizons she dreams of exploring." Carthas Brambleroad: "Carthas, a survivor in a world that hasn't always shown him kindness. Born into a life he felt the need to leave behind, the lad's got skills, a keen mind, learning the ways of mending and healing. Let's keep an eye on him; there's more to Carthas than meets the eye, and perhaps Phaendar will offer him the chance to plant some roots of his own." Talus DeVale: "Talus, a young soul deeply entwined with the natural world, shaped by the wisdom of the Rangers and the gentle teachings of Erastil. Yet, it seems his heart finds its truest rhythm when he's one with the beasts, his connection to animals is palpable, and he'd rather decipher their honest intentions than navigate the intricacies of human interactions. It's a unique perspective, one that roots itself in the simplicity of nature. Keep an eye on Talus, for his journey, holds a tale that binds him to both the untamed wilds and to our little town." Rezzik Rivenrune: "Ah, Rezzik, the storyteller with a penchant for napping by the hearth! A dwarf of many tales, both of the forge and the fantastical. A bit of a loner, but no one minds when he spins those yarns of monsters and magic. Finds his rest in front of the inn's fireplace more often than not, but we've all grown fond of the old dwarf. Generous with his stories, even if he's a bit mysterious about his past. Aye, he may be in a bit of a rut now, but mark my words, there's more to Rezzik than meets the eye. Just needs the right spark to light the fire in his belly again."
  22. Meet Elowen Asher, a young girl of thirteen with a willowy frame, adorned in braided blond hair that cascades like sunlit strands. Her vivid blue eyes mirror the open skies of Nirmathas, reflecting a sense of curiosity and resilience beyond her years. As the niece of Ealdred, she carries herself with quiet strength, shaped by the challenges of life in Phaendar. In Ealdred's absence, Elowen is a staple of the Phaendar community, whether collecting herbs for Master Oreld, boiling water as Jorlo coaxes forth new life from expectant mothers, or gossiping with Rhyna. Often found at the Greenwood Shrine with Father Noelan, she immerses herself in the tranquility of nature, learning the ancient ways and gathering herbs that whisper their secrets to her. Her clothing, sturdy and worn from practical endeavors, harbors a touch of rustic charm, complemented by a dress she found beautiful โ€“ a fleeting reminder of innocence amid the frontier's challenges. A subtle heirloom adorns her neck โ€“ her mother's wedding band, a cherished keepsake that speaks of familial bonds and enduring love. Elowen's days unfold with a mix of resilience and youthful wonder, her spirit unwavering against the backdrop of Phaendar's rustic beauty.
  23. From 1E: To qualify to become a Chernasardo warden, a character must fulfill all the following criteria. Alignment: Any nonevil and nonlawful. Base Attack Bonus: +5. Skills: Stealth 5 ranks, Survival 5 ranks. Special: You must defeat an evil enemy of a CR 5 levels higher than your character level. This victory must be witnessed by a Chernasardo Ranger. Good luck guys! I'm happy to houserule together a new dedication if you guys can qualify! (That's a joke, because Character level +5 in 2e is... whew. That's bad.)
  24. - Human Wood Kineticist/Cosmos Oracle 2 HP: 20/20 | AC: 16 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 Perception: +4 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +9 | Will: +4 ConsumablesItems: - Abilities: - Talimans: - Permanent Magic Items: - | SpellsCantrips: -Haunting Hymn -Needle Darts Level 1: - Focus: - | Skills*Acrobatics: +5 Arcana: +1 *Athletics: +6 Crafting: +1 *Deception: +6 *Diplomacy: +6 *Warfare Lore: +5 *Intimidate: +6 Medicine: +1 *Nature: +4 Occultism: +1 Performance: +0 *Religion: +4 Society: +4 *Stealth: +5 *Survival: +4 Thievery: +1 *Trained | **Expert | ***Master | Conditions: Bonuses and Abilities Abilities: -Kinetic Gate (Single Gate) -Kinetic Aura -Impulses -Experienced Tracker Actions: -Intimidating Glare -Elemental Blast -Base Kinesis -Weapon Infusion -Hardwood Armor -Hail of Splinters "I'm almost done sweeping, Father Noelan." Ardyn called out as he finished sweeping the dust off the front entrance to the Riverwood Shrine. Despite having been told he could leave for the Market Festival today without worries, at the insistence of both the priest and Rhyna, his assistant, he finally relented, as long as he could at least help the latter with the herb gathering. The sweeping was something he did on his own, because he wanted time to check on his garden and it was doing well, despite his meager knowledge coming from past failures. Going inside, he placed the broom besides the entrance, replacing it with his walking staff. The young man walked out, leaning on his staff as Father Noelan came out and lightly scolded him for doing work he could easily do and yelled out to enjoy himself. While he would usually be quietly annoyed at insistence on going out of the temple, Ardyn had to agree with the priest this time. The last year, he missed out on the Market Festival, on account of getting very sick. He had to spend over the whole festival and an extra week inside. That time being sick also taught him he knew more people in Phaendar than he thought, even getting a visit from Ealdred the Survivor himself and his niece who followed him out of curiosity. Ardyn enjoyed that day despite the chills, sweats and upset stomach. The uncle and niece duo were the first people he had shared his reason for being in Phaendar, since being brought here by Lawrence, a former fellow pupil and one of the two who became a Chernasardo ranger. Aubrin, Father Noelan and Rhyna all knew his story already. Still, he got better when Carthas, a traveling medic arrived in Phaendar and provided the draught that helped him get better. Still, not even he could help fix his leg, something he's already resigned himself on. Shaking himself out of his mental trip down memory lane, Ardyn stopped for a moment to see small bits of wood clinging to his legs again. Carefully wiping them off without getting a splinter, which has never happened since he began living in Phaendar. Looking up, he could see the Taproot Inn up ahead. Ardyn was really looking forward to Aubrin's stories, which she always brought out every Market Festival. Maybe he could even listen to his favorite tale, the one about the bears. That was when he saw the red haired druid, Talus. Ardyn had met him years ago while still being Aubrin's apprentice, being taught how to be a scout. He had introduced himself as a failure of a ranger, a comment that actually got Aubrin laughing out loud. Still, the two got on well, since the druid was one of his first visitors when he found himself staying under Father Noelan's care after the ambush. He raised his hand to wave over at Talus... And caught a small stick that had flown towards him. That bit was something that started happening recently, something that the druid knew since Ardyn simply shrugged. "Greeting, Talus. Yes, I will partake the festival this year. I made sure not to get sick this time."
  25. Family, Friends, and Loved Ones: (NPCs that have a more personal connection to the party) Ragnar Eklund - A powerful warrior who works as a guard or mercenary as the the need and work arises. He generally prefers the guard work. He's a towering Ulfen man with a greatsword that he swings hard enough to chop a horse in half. This is Ragnhild's father. Alvilda Eklund - An accomplished smith, the tall ulfen woman is almost as good as a dwarf, which is quite a compliment for a human. She can make weapons as well as farm implements, and keeps her husband's gear in good nick. This is Ragnhild's mother. They have a small smithy not too far from Kining's where the family lives. Lawrence - An aiuvarin Chernasardo ranger who occasionally comes to town from one of the forts. He found and saved Ardyn a few years ago. after the man's whole unit was massacred. He last visited a few weeks back, but likely is back at one of their forts now. Roan and Wenn DeVale - A married couple of Chernasardo rangers who are the parents of Talus. They spend much of their time at the forts and main Lodge of the group, visiting Phaendar and their son only occasionally. Elamrinn - An older eleven druid who trains Talus and enjoys the company of Ragnhild and others who like to commune with nature (possibly Ardyn?). He takes them to the Fangwood on occasion, where they meditate quietly to see what animals will approach and listen to the trees. Sometimes they sense another person creeping in the woods, though they haven't chased or tried to confront them. He splits his time between the elves of Cavlinor and the Fangwood. Elowen - Ealdred's niece, and his only surviving relative. (More to come from Zen Gypsy) Korus - A retired Mendevean Crusader who has run the Gristledown lumber camp for years. He's tough as old leather and takes no nonsense. He wanted to run a mill, but ended up out in the forest instead. Not a bad life. He makes it into town occasionally for the camp's supply run, usually has just one Oldlaw at the Taproot, tells some old stories, gets a bit somber, then heads back out.
  26. ย 
ร—
ร—
  • Create New...