Edit History

wwaugh

wwaugh

Ian gives Io a mildly confused look when she mentions Secular Unitarianism compelling a demon, but says "Uh... it might? I think anything that keeps our minds calm and ordered might weaken this thing, or at least make it harder for it to attack us."

He turns to Ash. "Are you okay? Listen... I think part of what this thing wants is for us to be afraid. Not just because that could give it a tactical advantage, but because... I think it might be the sort of creature that wants that even without a reason." Good start, I hope? "Let's not give it that. Let's show it we're not afraid."

He turns to address the group as a whole. "Io... you said we need to kick this thing out of the fuel supply, right? I think we should do that first, since... 'catastrophic repercussions' sounds like a good description of what might happen if we don't. Does anyone know how we might..."

A shot rings out, and Ian takes a quick look around, just in time to see a demon give up the ghost. He heard someone, presumably whoever'd shot it, say something about the demon influencing time, and then asking if it could be isolated in a Faraday cage.

That's a really good question...

He looks at the floor under the corpse to see if it seems to be damaging the ground under it, either by speeding up time so that entropy destroys it faster, or dissolving it like a strong acid would. " ... Is it possible to use what's left of that thing to try and understand how these creatures work? We'd need an microscope, I think..."

Diplomacy

wwaugh

wwaugh

Ian gives Io a strange look when she mentions Secular Unitarianism compelling a demon, but says "Uh... it might? I think anything that keeps our minds calm and ordered might weaken this thing, or at least make it harder for it to attack us."

He turns to Ash. "Are you okay? Listen... I think part of what this thing wants is for us to be afraid. Not just because that could give it a tactical advantage, but because... I think it might be the sort of creature that wants that even without a reason." Good start, I hope? "Let's not give it that. Let's show it we're not afraid."

He turns to address the group as a whole. "Io... you said we need to kick this thing out of the fuel supply, right? I think we should do that first, since... 'catastrophic repercussions' sounds like a good description of what might happen if we don't. Does anyone know how we might..."

A shot rings out, and Ian takes a quick look around, just in time to see a demon give up the ghost. He heard someone, presumably whoever'd shot it, say something about the demon influencing time, and then asking if it could be isolated in a Faraday cage.

He looks at the floor under the corpse to see if it seems to be damaging the ground under it, either by speeding up time so that entropy destroys it faster, or dissolving it like a strong acid would. " ... Is it possible to use what's left of that thing to try and understand how these creatures work? We'd need an microscope, I think..."

Diplomacy:1d20-1

wwaugh

wwaugh

Ian gives Io a strange look when she mentions Secular Unitarianism compelling a demon, but says "Uh... it might? I think anything that keeps our minds calm and ordered might weaken this thing, or at least make it harder for it to attack us."

wwaugh

wwaugh

A shot rings out, and Ian takes a quick look around, just in time to see a demon give up the ghost. He heard someone, presumably whoever'd shot it, say something about the demon influencing time. He looks at the floor under the corpse to see if it seems to be damaging the ground under it, either by speeding up time so that entropy destroys it faster, or dissolving it like a strong acid would. " ... Is it possible to use what's left of that thing to try and understand how these creatures work? We'd need an microscope, I think..."