Edit History

Diofant

Diofant

Gramtyng, son of Fastredspacer.png

Riders of Rohan | Standard of Living: MartialCallingTraits | AP: 1 | XP: 5 | DP: 0

Valour: 4 | Wisdom: 4 | End: 27/27 | Load: 15 | Fatigue: 2 [+1] | Hope: 12/14 | Shadow: 6 [0] | Parry: 6 | Weary: No | Miserable: No |Wound: No

Skills: Body 5 (8) | Heart 5 (7)| Wits 4 (5) | Weapons | War Gear | Equipment | Songs

He's worried about something. Going out for a hunt maybe? The rohirrim sighed, scratching the back of his head. Magric refusing to be a guide was a great loss, and he'd ideally not wanted to try and convince him, and respect his decision. He made an uncertain gesture. "Hartfast always said you were the best tracker he had, whenever it came up. I dunno what's between you... But he always seemed to hold you in high esteem." The bard put his hand down and rested it on his belt. "Nah, the one who said to ask you was Gerold; said you mentioned the specific spot in the marshes two years ago, that it seemed like it was watched, and only one way up. I'm deliberately avoiding calling its name, here, but you know the one I mean. I need to get into it." Gramtyng shook his head. "I cant not go. I know your advice is sincere and honest. I think we've drank enough grief on the few trips to know that. But... There's no choice. If it wont be me, some other poor sod'll have to do it, an' I said I would. Then there's the oath I gave, on this blade, to an old spirit; to seek to better these lands that sheltered me when I was sick, dying, and thrown out of birthplace... 'with sword in hand, in halls of others, wielding sword or song, to rally them to the same cause'."

Gramtyng paused, shifting his gaze to look at the Misty Mountains, and towards the Red Pass which was almost his grave. "...If Idunn didnt find me, and Hartfast didnt shelter me... I'd not even see this day. Regardless whats happened, how can I choose my safety over theirs when I have a chance to repay even a fraction of the debt? And even if the debt was not there... The oath remains. To my blood, and the blood of mine descendants. Even if the oath did not exist, how can I turn away when I have a chance to do something to maybe make someone else's life better?" He placed his hand on Magric's shoulder and smiled. "Your advice is wise, old friend. If you say its dangerous, it must be. I wish I could follow it... But I cant. What you do is your choice - I wont dare ask. Here's hoping we meet again and drink some Stoneyford mead again - I heard there's a new batch brewing from Dahr-Ol." He paused, for a moment back before the grudge he bore the Beorning, and bit his lip, shaking his head and smiling, before taking his hand off the tracker's shoulder: "...And if not, when you raise a cup, spill a bit on the ground. I wont be taking Leasere with me, he's back at Rhosgobel - he's yours if I dont get back."

His words, spoken to the elf-spirit, echoed in his head even as he spoke: "I, Gramtyng, son of Fastred of the Rohirrim, minstrel of the Golden Hall in exile, will seek to better these lands that have become my home always - be it with sword in hand, or in the halls of others, wielding word and song, to rally them to the same cause. To always, until death takes me, ride out against the Shadow, and to bind mine own descendants to follow this oath, by Eru's own wisdom." Everyone had their own Doom. Every one of them was driven to it. But though sometimes the shadows on the path were dark... The bard didnt believe his own path would end here, despite what his friend said. After all... He'd already seen his end, and it brought him no fear nor grief.

OOC/Actions/Rolls

Diofant

Diofant

Gramtyng, son of Fastredspacer.png

Riders of Rohan | Standard of Living: MartialCallingTraits | AP: 1 | XP: 5 | DP: 0

Valour: 4 | Wisdom: 4 | End: 27/27 | Load: 15 | Fatigue: 2 [+1] | Hope: 12/14 | Shadow: 6 [0] | Parry: 6 | Weary: No | Miserable: No |Wound: No

Skills: Body 5 (8) | Heart 5 (7)| Wits 4 (5) | Weapons | War Gear | Equipment | Songs

He's worried about something. Going out for a hunt maybe? The rohirrim sighed, scratching the back of his head. Magric refusing to be a guide was a great loss, and he'd ideally not wanted to try and convince him, and respect his decision. He made an uncertain gesture. "Hartfast always said you were the best tracker he had, whenever it came up. I dunno what's between you... But he always seemed to hold you in high esteem." The bard put his hand down and rested it on his belt. "Nah, the one who said to ask you was Gerold; said you mentioned the specific spot in the marshes two years ago, that it seemed like it was watched, and only one way up. I'm deliberately avoiding calling its name, here, but you know the one I mean. I need to get into it." Gramtyng shook his head. "I cant not go. I know your advice is sincere and honest. I think we've drank enough grief on the few trips to know that. But... There's no choice. If it wont be me, some other poor sod'll have to do it, an' I said I would. Then there's the oath I gave, on this blade, to an old spirit; to seek to better these lands that sheltered me when I was sick, dying, and thrown out of birthplace... 'with sword in hand, in halls of others, wielding sword or song, to rally them to the same cause'."

Gramtyng paused, shifting his gaze to look at the Misty Mountains, and towards the Red Pass which was almost his grave. "...If Idunn didnt find me, and Hartfast didnt shelter me... I'd not even see this day. Regardless whats happened, how can I choose my safety over theirs when I have a chance to repay even a fraction of the debt? And even if the debt was not there... The oath remains. To my blood, and the blood of mine descendants. Even if the oath did not exist, how can I turn away when I have a chance to do something to maybe make someone else's life better?" He placed his hand on Magric's shoulder and smiled. "Your advice is wise, old friend. I wish I could follow it... But I cant. What you do is your choice - I wont dare ask. Here's hoping we meet again and drink some Stoneyford mead again - I heard there's a new batch brewing from Dahr-Ol." He paused, for a moment back before the grudge he bore the Beorning, and bit his lip, shaking his head and smiling, before taking his hand off the tracker's shoulder: "...And if not, when you raise a cup, spill a bit on the ground. I wont be taking Leasere with me, he's back at Rhosgobel - he's yours if I dont get back."

His words, spoken to the elf-spirit, echoed in his head even as he spoke: "I, Gramtyng, son of Fastred of the Rohirrim, minstrel of the Golden Hall in exile, will seek to better these lands that have become my home always - be it with sword in hand, or in the halls of others, wielding word and song, to rally them to the same cause. To always, until death takes me, ride out against the Shadow, and to bind mine own descendants to follow this oath, by Eru's own wisdom." Everyone had their own Doom. Every one of them was driven to it. But though sometimes the shadows on the path were dark... The bard didnt believe his own path would end here, despite what his friend said. After all... He'd already seen his end, and it brought him no fear nor grief.

OOC/Actions/Rolls