Edit History

Diofant

Diofant

Gramtyng, son of Fastredspacer.png

Riders of Rohan | Standard of Living: MartialCallingTraits | AP: 1 | XP: 5 | DP: 0

Valour: 4 | Wisdom: 4 | End: 27/27 | Load: 15 | Fatigue: 2 [+1] | Hope: 12/14 | Shadow: 6 [0] | Parry: 6 | Weary: No | Miserable: No |Wound: No

Skills: Body 5 (8) | Heart 5 (7)| Wits 4 (5) | Weapons | War Gear | Equipment | Songs

Gramtyng listened to his friend silently, with no nodding or otherwise, only speaking when he had been finished. Some part of him said what Magric said was reasonable. After all, it seemed stubborn to go after this one thing that his friend warned him against, when his oath didnt directly call him to go there. But... Gramtyng sighed. "What you say makes sense. Mine oath was not to bind myself to any one individual's orders, but to oppose the Shadow's encroachment on these lands - wherever and whenever I may find it. I could stay here, and cheer people up. Maybe I could go looking for a healer for Hartfast's granddaughter. I could also go off to hunt the Werewolf, which is also a quarry I'm sworn to bring down. But Magric... there are others with me who would go regardless." He glanced in the direction of Hartfast's halls. "...True, I've just met some of them. And there is some bad blood between Dahr-Ol and myself... But its not like I would wish the danger on them. Idunn isnt here, off on her own dangerous quest, and I'd stay behind where it was safe...?"

The horselord slowly shook his head. "My people have a belief I've struggled with all my life. They call it the Doom; that each and every one of us born to the earth comes into this world with their destiny predetermined. Set in stone. Others call it folly and openly scorn it, saying only they control their fate. Those that believe the former scorn them in turn, calling it arrogance and vain pride. When I went north... I've seen the Doom break on a man. Everything said that he should end his journey there, in the cold wasteland, choking on his own hunger, his only companions misery and despair. And I've seen that man challenge his Doom and break it, maybe not on his own, by with the supporting hands of his companions, as well. So I think... The Doom exists, but it exists to be mastered. We all go towards it... But we should all struggle against it till our dying breath, and if we've not enough, we take courage from others who walk with us. So, I will follow your advice, and sleep on the decision. But know that if this is my Doom, then I am content, because those I call friends... Are more than enough to shatter it. But nevertheless. You have my word."

Might his belief was wrong - after all, he fully accepted the vision which would come before his death in the future. But in the bard's eyes, a Doom accepted and a Doom challenged were different. The dream was... gentle. Its contents calmed him more than anything he could remember. He still recalled the feeling he's had in the dream. He was content. He knew. And he faced it with a smile.

OOC/Actions/Rolls

Diofant

Diofant

Gramtyng, son of Fastredspacer.png

Riders of Rohan | Standard of Living: MartialCallingTraits | AP: 1 | XP: 5 | DP: 0

Valour: 4 | Wisdom: 4 | End: 27/27 | Load: 15 | Fatigue: 2 [+1] | Hope: 12/14 | Shadow: 6 [0] | Parry: 6 | Weary: No | Miserable: No |Wound: No

Skills: Body 5 (8) | Heart 5 (7)| Wits 4 (5) | Weapons | War Gear | Equipment | Songs

Gramtyng listened to his friend silently, with no nodding or otherwise, only speaking when he had been finished. Some part of him said what Magric said was reasonable. After all, it seemed stubborn to go after this one thing that his friend warned him against, when his oath didnt directly call him to go there. But... Gramtyng sighed. "What you say makes sense. Mine oath was not to bind myself to any one individual's orders, but to oppose the Shadow's encroachment on these lands - wherever and whenever I may find it. I could stay here, and cheer people up. Maybe I could go looking for a healer for Hartfast's granddaughter. I could also go off to hunt the Werewolf, which is also a quarry I'm sworn to bring down. But Magric... there are others with me who would go regardless." He glanced in the direction of Hartfast's halls. "...True, I've just met some of them. And there is some bad blood between Dahr-Ol and myself... But its not like I would wish the danger on them. Idunn isnt here, off on her own dangerous quest, and I'd stay behind where it was safe...?"

The horselord slowly shook his head. "My people have a belief I've struggled with all my life. They call it the Doom; that each and every one of us born to the earth comes into this world with their destiny predetermined. Set in stone. Others call it folly and openly scorn it, saying only they control their fate. Those that believe the former scorn them in turn, calling it arrogance and vain pride. When I went north... I've seen the Doom break on a man. Everything said that he should end his journey there, in the cold wasteland, choking on his own hunger, his only companions misery and despair. And I've seen that man challenge his Doom and break it, maybe not on his own, by with the supporting hands of his companions, as well. So I think... The Doom exists, but it exists to be mastered. We all go towards it... But we should all struggle against it till our dying breath, and if we've not enough, we take courage from others who walk with us. So, I will follow your advice, and sleep on the decision. But know that if this is my Doom, then I am content, because those I call friends... Are more than enough to shatter it. But nevertheless. You have my word."

Might his belief was wrong - after all, he fully accepted the vision which would come before his death in the future. But in the bard's eyes, a Doom accepted and a Doom challenged were different. The dream was... gentle. Its contents calmed him more than anything he could remember. He still recalled the feeling he's had in the dream. He was content. He knew. And he faced it with a smile.

OOC/Actions/Rolls