Haakon Valdemar IV - Human Peacemaker* Abjuration Wizard

Passione

Haakon Valdemar IV, Antipathetic Ascetic

spacer.pngspacer.png
Darkest Dungeon Occultist
Diablo 4 Sorcerer (Sand-Worn Armor)

Name: Haakon Valdemar IV

Character Concept: The Scales Made Flesh. Just as people are prone to repay kindness with kindness, they are also prone to pay evil unto evil. Haakon believes he is born to bring balance to the cosmic scale.

Lineage, Background, Subclass, Class: Variant Human Lorehold Student Abjuration Wizard

Description: The first things about him that jump at you are his pupil-less white eyes and the ornamented skull he carries around.

His build is that of a typical man who exercises and trains regularly, except for his abdomen and waist, which appear out of proportion and emaciated. He wears yellowed saffron robes with red and black trimming, cinched together around his waist by a leather belt, as well as grey long johns. He adorns himself with a head covering that has been weathered by age and the elements.

He sees himself as an extremely altruistic man, fighting mostly for 'the poor and oppressed', as he constantly tries his best to right wrongs and enact precepts. Haakon is aware that he isn't infallible, and frequently questions his decisions to use his powers to tips the scales. His qualms are stoke furthermore by his belief that all forms of affirmations and confirmations are meant to aid a personal journey towards enlightenment, and not to lord over nor harm others. 

He regularly relies on his worlds traditions and rites to expand his spirituality, and keep his inner neutrality in the face of emotional involvement that may compromise his discipline.

Your Character’s Plothook: As a devout follower of the Oathbinder, Haakon worked closely with arbiters, barristers, and counselors. Serving under the Saint of oaths, promises, memory, and vengeance, it didn't occur to him that he too must abide when the bill comes due. After debasing himself in the eyes of his goddess and peers, he ran into a self-imposed exile, lest he meet his end. In his efforts to evade capture, the Mists indulged him and brought him to another world ruled with imperious authority.

Past is Prologue: A magical lawyer who got tricked by a simple imp. His pride is his folly. Since his fall, he had been haunted by voices of his comrades, a cacophony calling him a charlatan.

He was found nearby the burnt cottage, south-west of Hunger's Hollow, two weeks ago. Immediately pressed into service, he lies about being an ascetic to keep his past to himself.

Fears and Failures:

1. Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. Haakon wields his morality like a cudgel. You could break him by excluding him from the ruling class, putting a mirror in front of him, or making it apparent that "the rules are made up and the points do not matter".
  2. Touch me not. Physical contact is a basic human need with emotional, mental, and physical benefits, but his upbringing has made him extremely averse to it.
  3. People say Haakon once threw himself into a lake after a long day of trying to build up an immunity to every kind of poison he can find.
  4. Word is going around that Haakon is 'enchanted' to slowly levitate into the sky should he ever try grave robbing.

Deity: Oathbinder. Even after falling from grace, he still devoted to her and her faith. Desperately modelling himself after the prevalent tradition and the status quo, clinging to a flimsy veneer of civility to shield him from harm. He touts and sings the praises of his superiors but is willing to disregard their rules when it fits his purposes.

Music:
https://youtu.be/gG4P3ayBzVY Hands Held High - Linkin Park
https://youtu.be/8pLb7CrOXHM Mordred's Lullaby - Heather Dale

Show this

s

spacer.png

Even Amundsen - The Pale Woods

spacer.png

Aurore Folny - Rowan's Grim Search

spacer.png

Mike "Daarken" Lim - Ethereal Armor

Personality Traits:

I never accept that I'm out of my depth.

Knowing things that other people don't know makes me feel special and important.

Ideals:

Balance. I strive to pay it back, pay it forward. What 'it' is differs from moment to moment.

Purpose. I study because there are things I need to know. I'll find my place in the world, and I'll make the world better.

Bonds:

I have a friendly rival. Only one of us can be the best, and I aim to prove it's me.

I joined the [Talons?] to become rich, powerful, and beloved. That's all there is to it. To love and to be loved. Now we work together or die together.

Flaws:

I am in a bad situation that I caused and is my fault, however I will never admit to my wrongdoings.

I am filled with an unexplainable bloodlust. As much as I wanna kill people, I don't wanna see them dead.

Stuff

s

Handbook

4000-SEP-1
General guidelines for exploration:

…1.01 You must be equipped with a standard Foundation expedition pack prior to entering the place where names are not allowed.
…1.02 Do not consume any food other than the rations included inside the standard Foundation expedition pack.
…1.03 Do not bring firearms into the dimension of trees under any circumstances.
…1.04 Type 1 subjects must avoid accepting or directly handling that which could be considered a valuable resource. This includes (but is not limited to) forms of currency, precious metals and stones, objects imbued with useful anomalous properties, and well-crafted weaponry.
…1.05 Type 2 subjects must avoid any native entities that regard the subject with affection or romantic attraction, and must not give the appearance of reciprocating these feelings in any way. Statements made by a native entity which profess affection or romantic attraction for a Type 2 subject are false.
…1.06 Type 3 subjects must avoid partaking in activities that are commonly considered frivolous, luxurious, or physically comforting. This includes (but is not limited to) dancing, smoking, playing with toys, drinking anything other than water, listening to music, and sleeping on a padded surface.
…1.07 Structures encountered along the way you must travel may be entered after knocking at the entryway. Leave the structure from where you came. If entering uninvited, do not be discovered.
…1.08 If you fall asleep in the woods where rules are paramount, record your dreams. A journal is included in your expedition pack. If you encounter any landmarks or entities similar to a dream you recorded, treat the dream as fact.

4000-SEP-2
Guidelines for interacting with native entities:

…2.01 Greet native entities with any formal salutation before engaging in conversation. If female, bow or curtsy.
…2.02 Speak in a cordial tone of voice.
…2.03 Do not make any statements that you know to be false.
…2.04 Do not make disparaging comments about native entities while in their presence.
…2.05 Say 'please' and 'thank you' when appropriate.
…2.06 Refer to and address native entities using descriptions of their physical appearance, per protocol 4000-Eshu.
…2.07 Do not refer to a native entity by a name, title, or designation, even if it introduces itself with such.
…2.08 Do not state your name, nickname, codename, alias, or any other personal designation when in the presence of a native entity.
…2.09 If a native entity offers to assign you a name, title, or designation, politely decline.
…2.10 If a native entity makes a statement in which it addresses or refers to you by a name, title, designation, or anything other than a physical description, ignore the statement as though it had not been spoken.
…2.11 If pressed for information that is considered confidential, refuse, briefly apologize and bow.
…2.12 If a native entity appears to require your assistance, consider its appearance before choosing to help:
………2.12.A If the entity appears threatening, do whatever is necessary to aid it.
………2.12.B If the entity appears attractive or harmless, do not approach.
………2.12.C: Always feed a native entity if it is hungry. This overrules 2.12.B.
…2.13 Do not attempt to mount any bestial entities you encounter unless it has earned your trust and given you its consent.
…2.14 If you are offered a physical gift, receive it with both hands. Do not discard this gift, even if it appears to have no use or value. This is overruled by 1.04.
…2.15 If a native entity offers you a nonphysical gift or attempts to initiate a trade, politely decline.
…2.16 You may accept food offered by native entities, and offer that food to other native entities you encounter, but do not consume it yourself.
…2.17 Do not sleep in any lodging offered by native entities. You may sleep inside the residence of a native entity as long as you do not have an invitation to do so.
…2.18 If a native entity offers to accompany on your journey, accept, but do not tell them where you are going.
…2.19 If you are aided by a native entity, you must aid it in return if you have not done so already.
…2.20 If you encounter an incorporeal humanoid that claims it is not a native entity, disregard all previous protocols and follow its instructions.

Can you truly celebrate something if you have shame about it?
Not in this town. Not in these days.
You learn something everyday and I was not prepared for today’s lesson.
The best compliments you can get are from idiots. 
The hangman is hungry.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Mechanics

Class and Level: Wizard 1
Background: Lorehold Student (PeacemakerPeacemaker of Her memory that is without flaw.)

Proficiency Bonus: +2

INIT: +1
AC: 11
HD: 2d6
HP: 16/16

STR: 14 (+2) [+2]
DEX: 12 (+1) [+1]
CON: 14 (+2) [+2]
INT: 14 (+2) [+4]
WIS: 14 (+2) [+4]
CHA: 9 (-1) [-1]

Speed: 30 ft.

Passive Perception: 12

Skills
+1 Acrobatics (Dex)
+2 Animal Handling (Wis)
+4 Arcana (Int)
+2 Athletics (Str)
-1 Deception (Cha)
+4 History (Int)
+4 Insight (Wis)

-1 Intimidation (Cha)
+4 Investigation (Int)
+2 Medicine (Wis)
+2 Nature (Int)
+2 Perception (Wis)
-1 Performance (Cha)
-1 Persuasion (Cha)
+4 Religion (Int)
+1 Sleight of Hand (Dex)
+1 Stealth (Dex)
+2 Survival (Wis)

Human Lorehold Student Features:
SkillsYou gain proficiency in one skill of your choice. Investigation | Feat: Magic InitiateYou gain one feat of your choice.

Magic Initiate (Warlock)
You learn two cantrips of your choice from that class's spell list. Mage Hand, Prestidigitation

In addition, choose one 1st-level spell to learn from that same list. Using this feat, you can cast the spell once at its lowest level, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. Armor of Agathys

Your spellcasting ability for these spells depends on the class you chose: Charisma for bard, sorcerer, or warlock; Wisdom for cleric or druid; or Intelligence for wizard.
 | Lorehold InitiateYou gain the Strixhaven Initiate feat and must choose Lorehold within it.

In addition, if you have the Spellcasting or Pact Magic feature, the spells on the Lorehold Spells table are added to the spell list of your spellcasting class. (If you are a multiclass character with multiple spell lists, these spells are added to all of them.)

Lorehold Spells
1st Comprehend Languages, Identify
2nd Borrowed Knowledge, Locate Object
3rd Speak with Dead, Spirit Guardians
4th Arcane Eye, Stone Shape
5th Flame Strike, Legend Lore

Strixhaven Initiate
You have studied some magical theory and have learned a few spells associated with Strixhaven University.

You learn two cantrips and one 1st-level spell based on the college you choose, as specified in the Strixhaven Spells table. Sacred Flame, Thaumaturgy, Bane

You can cast the chosen 1st-level spell without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. You can also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.

Your spellcasting ability for this feat's spells is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat).

Wizard Features:
Arcane RecoveryYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.

For example, if you're a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots.

You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
 | Spellcasting | Abjuration SavantBeginning when you select this school at 2nd level, the gold and time you must spend to copy an abjuration spell into your spellbook is halved. | Arcane WardStarting at 2nd level, you can weave magic around yourself for protection. When you cast an abjuration spell of 1st level or higher, you can simultaneously use a strand of the spell's magic to create a magical ward on yourself that lasts until you finish a long rest. The ward has a hit point maximum equal to twice your wizard level + your Intelligence modifier. Whenever you take damage, the ward takes the damage instead. If this damage reduces the ward to 0 hit points, you take any remaining damage.

While the ward has 0 hit points, it can't absorb damage, but its magic remains. Whenever you cast an abjuration spell of 1st level or higher, the ward regains a number of hit points equal to twice the level of the spell.

Once you create the ward, you can't create it again until you finish a long rest.

Armor: none
Weapons: daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Tools: none

Languages: Common, Celestial, Gnomish, Halfling

Attacks
Regular
Unarmed 5 ft. Bludgeoning   +4 to-hit 1
Quarterstaff 5 ft. Bludgeoning Versatile (1d8) +4 to-hit 1d6+2
Magic
Sacred Flame 60 ft. Radiant No benefit from cover Dex save 1d8
Sword Burst Self (5 ft.) Force   Dex save 1d6

Magic Items:

•  

Spell Save DC: 12
Spell Attack Bonus: +4

Cantrips
Mold Earth, Shape Water, Sword Burst | Mage Hand, Prestidigitation | Sacred Flame, Thaumaturgy

Spells Known
Level 1

Armor of Agathys, Bane

Spellbook (Prepare X)
Level 1

Absorb Elements, Alarm, Detect Magic, Identify, Shield, Snare, Tasha's Caustic Brew, Unseen Servant

Gear

Currency: 5 gp, 5 sp
Encumbrance: 86 lbs./ XYZStrength 14

~~~

Encumbered x5 = 70
Heavily Encumbered x10 = 140

~~~

Default Carrying Weight x15 = 210
Default Maximum Push, Drag, and Lift x30 = 420
lbs.

Worn Gear (4 lbs.):

Uniform*Common Clothes or Traveler's Clothes

Carried Gear (17 lbs.):

Backpack
Hooded Lantern
Orb1)

A skull of his ancestor passed down generations when they are each sworn into the service of their Archangel.

2)

Spare arcane focus; a mummified dragonfly covered by a dollop of solidified tree sap bound by iron chains and pins.
, 2
Quarterstaff
Signal Whistle, 4

Strapped to Backpack (36 lbs.):

Hammer
Tome of history
SpellbookA charred relic of authority. An old tome that reeks of smoke with a gilded bookmark. What few pages remain are crinkled and black.
Waterskin, 5

Inside Backpack (29 lbs.):

Block and Tackle
Bottle of ink
Ink pen
Oil flask, 3
Rations, 10
Tinderbox

Starting Items

Wizard: A quarterstaff, an arcane focus, a scholar's pack, and a spellbook
Lorehold Student: A bottle of black ink, an ink pen, a hammer, a hooded lantern, a tinderbox, a tome of history, a school uniform, and a pouch containing 15 gp

Selling
+20 Scholar's Pack (40 or 38.01)

Buying
-2 Backpack
-1 Block and Tackle
-0.3 Oil (flask), x3
-20 Orb
-5 Rations, x10
-0.2 Signal Whistle, x4
-1 Waterskin, x5

Edited by Passione
Level 2; HP, Arcane Tradition, Detect Magic, Identify (see edit history)

NoHaakon Valdemar IV

Human Abjuration Wizard

AC: 11 (Unarmored) | HP: 8/8 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 12, Insight 14, Investigation 14
Str: 14 (+2) | Dex: 12 (+1) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 9 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Celestial, Gnomish, and Halfling

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions . . .

S.s

OOC

Movement: —

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Reaction: —

Spellbook

Haakon Valdemar IV
Human Abjuration Wizard

https://i.imgur.com/jSmiYtP.png

Moss
Medium, Human Wizard

AC 11

HP 8/8 (1d6)

HD 1/1d6

M. Initiate 1/1
S. Initiate 1/1

Spell Slots

1st 2/2

Attuned 0/3

XP ?/??,???

Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade.

He snaps out of his reverie when he hears Kazzador's question. He thinks for several moments before answering. His voice sounds deliberate when he finally speaks. "Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade Knife cat Kha Blade" Haakon says slowly and with definite enunciation.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Quarterstaff
Off Hand: Arcane Focus (Orb)

Action:
Bonus Action:
Move: 
Manipulate: 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Anthr4xus said:

Reviewed and looks good to me. Does he say more than just "Knife cat Kha Blade"?

He does. I was just trying to figure out the kinks of the post formatting. I copied it and I am trying to learn.

• 3 weeks later...

Defaults

Action

• Sacred Flame or Sword Burst, dealer's choice.

Reaction

• Absorb Elements and Shield, if it'll stop him from dropping to 0 HP (or in the future, drop concentration).
  • Attack of Opportunity, depends on a lot of factors. Can we do this after the fact? As early as possible within the 72 hrs or completion of the round.