Edit History

Boogie Woogie Wookiee

Boogie Woogie Wookiee

There's only two things that really need your attention in that case.

1.) Is my choice for a race all right, as I had originally missed that you only wanted "base" races? I've opted to go with a boggan, which are essentially the fey forebearers of both gnomes and goblins from the First World. They're known for their inborn urge to help those in need, their work ethic, a love of crafting, and an obsession with gossip. I'm basing them off the fey of the same name from Changeling: the Dreaming.

I'm intending to reflect his fey nature most prominatently through his oaths/boons (especially the integral oaths of code of ethics [faerie law]), magical tradition (the whole "nose magic" idea), magic talents (instinctive invisibility and blinking/floating around), and to a lesser degree, his origin talents. He's basically an outcast from the First World (due to being accused of breaking faerie law which, of course, is absurd [it isn't, he totally did it]), and he's since spent the last century or so struggling to figure out these dang-blasted mortals and how to fit in with them.

Most people just assume he's a gnome due to the strong resemblence, so it still fits in with the idea of being a base race. I was just unsure if that jibed with you.

2.) The Drawback I had in mind was Attached, which requires the GM to choose an item. While it goes against the spirit of that rule, I was hoping it could be his ring, which is the last relic he still has from the First World and he's, well, obsessed with it. He's also invested a lot of his magic into it (reflected in being his implements and his arcane bond), so if he were to lose it, he'd also lose his mind trying to get it back.

It also opens up a potentially fun plot hook for him. Say, someone takes advantage of his code of ethics (which will be based on faerie laws, which is an integral oath that he *has* to adhere to), tricking him into making a deal to give up his ring in exchange for something. Should he lose the deal/break his promise and have to give it up, it'd have a major effect on him as mentioned above. A great way for that to happen is by a promise of having his slate wiped clean and being allowed back to the First World, though should he find out they had no way of guaranteeing that, he'd be able to retrieve his ring with extreme prejudice courtesy of faerie law. (Why do I feel like Charlie from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia when I mention faerie law?)

Please disregard, and sorry for having wasted your time thus far. It seems nearly half of the players are investing heavily in Warp and/or Sneak Attack builds, so I'm going to switch gears and try something else. I'm not sure what that is as of yet, but I'll hopefully have something up soon.

Boogie Woogie Wookiee

Boogie Woogie Wookiee

1.) Is my choice for a race all right, as I had originally missed that you only wanted "base" races? I've opted to go with a boggan, which are essentially the fey forebearers of both gnomes and goblins from the First World. They're known for their inborn urge to help those in need, their work ethic, a love of crafting, and an obsession with gossip. I'm basing them off the fey of the same name from Changeling: the Dreaming.

I'm intending to reflect his fey nature most prominatently through his oaths/boons (especially the integral oaths of code of ethics [faerie law]), magical tradition (the whole "nose magic" idea), magic talents (instinctive invisibility and blinking/floating around), and to a lesser degree, his origin talents. He's basically an outcast from the First World (due to being accused of breaking faerie law which, of course, is absurd [it isn't, he totally did it]), and he's since spent the last century or so struggling to figure out these dang-blasted mortals and how to fit in with them.

Most people just assume he's a gnome due to the strong resemblence, so it still fits in with the idea of being a base race. I was just unsure if that jibed with you.

2.) The Drawback I had in mind was Attached, which requires the GM to choose an item. While it goes against the spirit of that rule, I was hoping it could be his ring, which is the last relic he still has from the First World and he's, well, obsessed with it. He's also invested a lot of his magic into it (reflected in being his implements and his arcane bond), so if he were to lose it, he'd also lose his mind trying to get it back.

It also opens up a potentially fun plot hook for him. Say, someone takes advantage of his code of ethics (which will be based on faerie laws, which is an integral oath that he *has* to adhere to), tricking him into making a deal to give up his ring in exchange for something. Should he lose the deal/break his promise and have to give it up, it'd have a major effect on him as mentioned above. A great way for that to happen is by a promise of having his slate wiped clean and being allowed back to the First World, though should he find out they had no way of guaranteeing that, he'd be able to retrieve his ring with extreme prejudice courtesy of faerie law. (Why do I feel like Charlie from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia when I mention faerie law?)

Please disregard, and sorry for having wasted your time thus far. It seems nearly half of the players are investing heavily in Warp and/or Sneak Attack builds, so I'm going to switch gears and try something else. I'm not sure what that is as of yet, but I'll hopefully have something up soon.

Boogie Woogie Wookiee

Boogie Woogie Wookiee

Boogie Woogie Wookiee

Boogie Woogie Wookiee

I'm intending to reflect his fey nature most prominatently through his oaths/boons (especially the integral oaths of code of ethics [faerie law]), magical tradition (the whole "nose magic" idea), and to a lesser degree, his origin talents. He's basically an outcast from the First World (due to being accused of breaking faerie law which, of course, is absurd [it isn't, he totally did it]), and he's since spent the last century or so struggling to figure out these dang-blasted mortals and how to fit in with them.

Boogie Woogie Wookiee

Boogie Woogie Wookiee

1.) Is my choice for a race all right, as I had originally missed that you only wanted "base" races? I've opted to go with a boggan, which are essentially the fey forebearers of both gnomes and goblins from the First World. They're known for their work ethic, love of crafting, and obsession with gossip. I'm basing them off the fey of the same name from Changeling: the Dreaming.

I'm intending to reflect his fey nature most prominatently through his oaths/boons (especially the integral oaths of code of ethics [faerie law]), magical tradition (the whole "nose magic" idea), and to a lesser degree, his origin talents. He's basically an outcast from the First World (due to being accused of breaking faerie law which, of course, is absurd [it isn't, he totally did it]), and he's since spent the last century or so struggling to figure out these dang-blasted mortals and how to fit in with them.