Red Dog Saloon

Black Wyvern

Every time you are in a combat you get to modify Reaction, until you max out at 00. You also get to modify any weapon skills used in the combat. If you are only using a rifle you modify your rifle skill, but if you use rifle and brawling you modify each of them. Accuracy and Condition never change.

Edited by Black Wyvern (see edit history)

On 11/8/2023 at 5:20 AM, Black Wyvern said:

Every time you are in a combat you get to modify Reaction, until you max out at 00. You also get to modify any weapon skills used in the combat. If you are only using a rifle you modify your rifle skill, but if you use rifle and brawling you modify each of them. Accuracy and Condition never change.

Understood, thanks!

Looking over the Gambling rules and I think there is a mistype in there.

Rules
Gambling
Gambling is handled simply by players or players and referee deciding how much each bet will be worth. Each PC or NPC will put that much money in the pot. Players will then roll 1d100 and the high roll wins. Characters can choose to cheat on the roll by adding either +5 or +20 to their rolls. Each time a character cheats the player will roll a Gabler Rating check. If the roll exceeds the character's Gambler Rating then the character is caught cheating. Characters who only added 5 can subtract 25 from their Gambler Rating. Character's with a 25 or less Gambler Rating therefore have no chance of being caught when taking the +5 modifier.

That says if the roll exceeds the character's Gambler Rating, but I think it should read "if the roll is under". The way it's currently written means that with my Gambler Rating of 8, if I roll higher than an 8 I get caught cheating.

Yup! It is fixed. That was my bad. I edited the rules to break up the difference between 01-25 and 26 to 50 and wrote it backwards. Originally no one had a chance of getting caught if you only took the +5, but everyone does it all the time because there is no penalty for it. Low scores are good, low rolls are bad.

I am going to post tomorrow. Sorry for the delay all. I was doing a course review and it ate up all my spare time the last couple weeks. Turned my report in today so I should be back in business.

Now that I think about it you guys playing a couple hands of poker could be some good practice. I will just watch and let you know if I see anything out of sorts.

It can be kind of boring if everyone just rolls and the winner is obvious. What we usually do is roll in private tags, including what level of cheating you are doing. Post a round of betting and crap talking then everyone reveals their roll. I am not sure how to do this on the new site. Any ideas? Usually there are three posts per hand. Rolling and talking about the deal, betting, closing out with winning and loosing posts.

Once it comes down to revealing, I usually tell you what hand the resulting roll is but you guys should be able to figure that out. Anyway, lets figure out how it will work if you guys want to give it a shot. I will just watch.

Actually I think that will work. Mhogrymm said he can't see the post at all. So you just need to post twice together. One for rolls and one for crap talking. Then you can either reveal, or I can just do the play by play for you. Actually might be best if I did it that way you could cheat and only I would know.

Okay so I think if you come in and make a quick post then delete it for gambling. I will undelete it after the hand to show who wins. Or I can just do a run down. That way if anyone cheats no one will know.

Or we can just skip it and I can advance the game. I just thought a little poker might be fun, but not at the expense of a stall, which we are already kind of in.