Maybell Springfield

Blaeringr

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 1[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 15/15 [b]AC:[/b] 17 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 1/2 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 17 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 1[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 17 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1
HP: 15/15
AC: 17
Spell Slots: 1/2 L1
Focus Points: 1/1
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 17

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 1 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6
Speed: 25
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

Maybell is already a fan of whoever is a fan of hers. However, literally everything else she sees, hears and experiences of Jane only makes the lil halfling like the woman even more. The drinks certainly don't hurt, but it is her spirit of philanthropy which truly moves Maybell to do more.

"Familiar is right, but it certainly undersells it. You're looking at Riverhall's most beloved daughter, Spring Queen of the Planting Fair for five years running and all together poster girl for our community. My mom and dad are among the funders, together with my aunts and uncles. I'm not involved with the running of the hall, given my choice of profession but I'm as connected as you can wish for and know every halfling there. And if there's one thing we love is our food, Lady Jane. I assure you that we can get a fruitful, literally!, partnership going on between our communities" says Maybell, endeavoring to converse business with Jane for a little while in between the performances. Trying to figure out the best angle of approach and how to get the partnership properly going, who she should talk with and even writing her a letter of introduction if she wishes for one.

Once that is done, and with plenty of encores of songs to liven up the place, eventually Maybell would ask Jane if she knows anything related to their mission deeper inland... of sick goblins or any nefarious threats around the area they are to travel to.

Screenshot_20231107_150607_Chrome.jpg.850af6830634a820b2ccecddd790c552.jpgFrom Maybell's explanation Jane suggests "You'd probably get better information asking at one of the lumber camps. Workers can spend months out at the camps at a time, but they're usually less busy in the winter months. River's are running strong now though so they'll be starting up." Looking over a map together, "Well if your lead is up that way, then you may want to talk to people at Elbow Ridge Camp, or Red Run Camp."

She marks a couple Xs on Maybell's map, somewhat close to the suspected source of the infested goblins.

Aldpinecampsiteleads.JPG.f95ec4bd37bfea3c16a4df046159c6ef.JPG

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 1[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 15/15 [b]AC:[/b] 17 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 1/2 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 17 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 1[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 17 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1
HP: 15/15
Spell Slots: 1/2 L1
Focus Points: 1/1
Class DC: 17

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 1 Neutral Good Entertainer
Saves: For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6

That is beyond helpful! "Thank you very much, Jane. That will certainly help guide our efforts. Likewise, I trust that my cousin will help start up the trade between here and Riverhall. I have a feeling you'll get along well great with her"

Edited by daltar (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

12th of Renewal, year 20. Riverhall

Before sunrise, Maybell slips out and makes a mad dash for her family's home nearby.

That trail leading down the hill and out of the Maywood, clear as any trail she's ever seen and wide enough for two tall folk - was that there yesterday? In any case it leads to an exit in a different spot than where Maybell and friends entered yesterday.

And off she dashes, past a few small farms before reaching the northern slope of the big hill - Riverhall. On her route circling the hill to her family burrow on the northern east side, she runs into a few familiar faces. Chief among them is second cousin Vannic Billoughby. Vannic and his cohorts are outridersOutriders of Newvale, or just outriders, are the regionxs organized defense. Mounted to quickly cover the plains around Newvale, the outriders are dedicated to protecting and assisting outlying farms, as well as scouting to keep the town aware of anything going on just outside their borders.

They are considered a prestigious organization in Newvale and Riverhall, and were fundamental in ensuring the settlements' early viability and success.
, out on patrol on their mounts - large, strong dogs.

Vannic

"Heya, couz! Back in town, are you? I hope you haven't been scurrying about between here and Carisport like this on foot by your lonesome."

vanu-halfing-ranger-1-850x675.jpg.98ab2feec8b4c688a3bda6655f5d55e0.jpg

Posted (edited)

The Vedan halflings pride themselves on well built burrows. These are no mud tunnels or dusty crypts. But to accomplish a well made, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing hole in the side of a hill takes care and expertise.

Once a burrow is excavated, it needs to be shored up to prevent collapse, sealed up to keep worms and bugs and rodents out, and preserved from weather and earthquakes.

The deeper delving dwarves prefer a lot of stone to accomplish this, but the Vedan halflings have their own craft and special talent with clay. They have such an abundance of clay, after all, given the specific depths they work at.

The first order of business in a newly excavated burrow it to shore up the tunnels with brick arches made from the same mud, dirt and clay removed to make the burrow. These arches are often quite thick, and usually crisscross forming X's across the ceilings.

Next the earth of the floors and stairs are worked smooth, and the edges, where ceiling and wall come down to meet floor, are reinforced with several layers of sturdy bricks, especially at the arches. These reinforced spots at the base of arches are often expanded into furniture like tables or ovens.

Their expertise in clay together with proprietary alchemical formulae is how they finish sealing over the unbricked portions. Each settlement or clan has their own variations of these formulae, but the end result a pottery like shell, but harder, almost like concrete. This alchemical clay is smoothed smoothed over the exposed earthen floors, walls and ceilings, and sometimes brick arches as well to create a continuous solid shell encompassing the burrow once cured.

An inner shell like this is then ready to be furnished and decorated, and there are as many ways to decorate and furnish a burrow as you can probably imagine. The halflings of Riverhall are particularly fond of painted porcelain tiles to create murals in their homes depicting family history or popular legends. The quality of these murals will vary depending on how well to do a family may be of course. Some do relief scenes. And over top of reliefs, painted tiles, mosaics, and whatever else, curtains, carpets, shelves, potted plants close to the windows.

When multiple burrows exist in a single hill, connections for ventilation, chimney exhaust, and waste disposal will often join up into single passages. This means young halflings learn quickly when to open or close their flues and exterior windows so as to not get a home full of smoke from someone else's oven.

And of course it wouldn't do at all to forget about their gardens. The Riverhall halflings seem to have just blanketed the exterior of much of their hill with gardens growing herbs, vegetables, trees, hedges, flowers, and just anything that will grow.

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)

Maybell has a big family! Just under her roof there's her Father Rumtack Springfield and her mother Marybell Springfield. Her father is a community leader involved in clerical work and a sitting member of Riverhall community government. He's a smart man with an eye for detail, responsible and a little bit old fashioned. Still, he's quite warm with his family and earlier before Riverhall was more established he did his part of physical work tending and setting up fields and helping in construction. Marybell spends most of her time running the house, but that's a lot of work between tending to the vegetable gardens, looking after the kids and more. She's deeply involved in the community and earlier in her life she was into weaving and tailoring, she still does projects every once in a while when she has time.

As for her siblings, Maybell is fourth sibling of seven. She has one big brother, two big sisters, two little sisters and one little brother. And that's not counting aunts, uncles and all of their progeny! That's one big family. Her big brother is currently working in community projects to get experience and connections to move up in the community and work in a similar line to their dad. Currently trying to earn the hand of his beloved. Of her two big sisters, one is recently married and a happy newlywed wife, the other took after their dad and is more of a scholar, currently investigating local plant and insect life.

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
AC: 19
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Class DC: 19

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8

"Shhhhhh Vannic! Do you want to wake up the whole Hall? I'm just coming in to say hi to my mom. And for your information, I come from the Maywood~ Spent the night there as a guest. And I've been traveling many places... why, anything happening between here and Carisport, cousin dear?" asks Maybell.

vanu-halfing-ranger-1-850x675.jpg.98ab2feec8b4c688a3bda6655f5d55e0.jpg"The Maywood?" He seems a bit surprised. "Well, good for you. Getting into Uncle Rumtack's business?" Perhaps thinking she was there for the town.

"Anyway, we're more focused beyond here than back towards the Bay" (Prosper Bay, and Carisport) "Seems to be a lot of interest in new settlements that way all of a sudden this year, and with all the newcomers there are less reputable sorts trying advantage of others."

"Anyway, good to see you're safe. Stick around for a bit if you can."

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3

Statblock

"Ah, tends to be like that when things get stirred up... at least, so I hear! Anyway, thanks for the warning. I'll try to swing by home for the holidays!" Says the little halfling, squirreling that little bit of knowledge to the back of her brain.

It's quite early morning, and yet Maybell still arrives at family gate to find her mother and father sitting on the garden bench enjoying a breakfast of porridge, sausages and a bit of wine.

"Maybell!" gasps Marybell, but quickly recovers and covers her surprise. He adventurous daughter has been traveling on her own for a bit now, and she is starting to get used to the idea. "Come, have some food. The sausages are fresh from cousin Tula's farm this week, and we have fruit preserves, and the blueberries kept very well over the winter. Oh, let me have a look at you!"

Her father, Rumtack, has already slipped inside and back out with a couple dishes of food for Maybell. "How are you, dear?"

Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3

Statblock

Maybell was not shy at all or fussy about diving into her mother's embrace, nor about letting her appreciate her lovely daughter's pretty face, given extra charm with just a little bit of travel wear and tear "Mom~ Dad~! Wonderful to see you two" she goes, quickly grabbing a little fork offered to nom on sausage quickly before she gives her dad a hug "I'm lovely, as always. I'm just here to show my face right quick... In the middle of a job with adventurers doing good deeds, here there and everywhere~ But since we're sleeping at the Maywood I couldn't do you the cruelty of depriving you all of seeing me even if just for a little bit"

"I might have also missed you a bit but..."

"Still, how is everyone? Anything the little's want I can get them in the city to make myself the greatest, wisest big sister around?"

• 2 weeks later...

"You know," says Marybell to her daughter, "I may have a few ideas there. Your sister Petunia loves the outdoors so much, and she's always had to be constantly moving. She's a real match that way for your cousin Violet and Fred. They spend a lot of time running about here and there, and I was hoping you could keep an eye out for a nice colorful kite for them. Now Marigold, on the other hand, is more of a homebody, but she is progressing very well with her reading skills. You might consider a small book or two about some grand adventures that she can read to little Percival. He's a wild little one, but Marigold seems to have a way with him, and likes to make up stories for them to play make-believe to."

Rumtack sits quite placidly, listening with a serene smile on his face as his wife talks about their children. He chuckles at the bit about the two youngest and their imaginative play.

With good food, a few quick stories, and warm embraces, Maybell soon feels obliged to leave and rejoin her traveling companions on their trip back to Carisport.

Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3

Statblock

"Thank you for the advice" Says Maybell, being hit for a singular moment with a soft sense of melancholy. Her beloved little siblings are growing up and with all of her traveling she is certainly missing it. What sort of people will they be next time she passes by? She does need her Mom here to give her some good gift ideas... part of it resonates with what she knows of her siblings, but still.

With those thoughts in mind, she hugs her parents a bit extra tight, bittersweet emotions filling her little heart as she's just a bit more spoiled than usual. Yet, this is the path she has chosen for herself. She'll travel the lands and know as much as she can under and beyond this sky. She'll bring back gifts... and this is all the more an important reminder that when she does come back to visit, she better make every moment count, specially with her little siblings.