Edit History

GleefulNihilism

GleefulNihilism

Agreed. Definitely not the time for campy, jokey, silver-age Adam West Batman. This is closer to Nolanverse/DKR where he openly compares things to Warfare and acts like it. Comes off as deeply cynically to the point of Nihilism, but is actually Idealistic too the point that it *burns*.

In my head, Gotham is a major city that's gotten off *relatively* light compared to other major cities - because *someone* has wired it up so that it's just about impossible for a Sentinel Patrol to enter city limits without everyone knowing about it almost immediately. The Batplane, Batmobile, and Batboat all still exist but they're just as often used to smuggle mutants and metahumans out then to bring villains into Arkham. [Gotham as a possible hub for a new Underground Railroad?] Which doesn't say much, granted. Batman's rogues still exist but now they're either all dead, fled to somewhere else on the planet (often with Batman's help), or actually an ally against the Sentinels. And with the dead ones, "They honored me with their Sacrifice - but the War goes on...".

Almost makes me think about banking into "rumor has it that he's considering a Presidential Run on an Anti-Sentinel platform", not because he thinks it would actually accomplish anything but because he's seen how it's giving people actual Hope.

GleefulNihilism

GleefulNihilism

Agreed. Definitely not the time for campy, jokey, silver-age Adam West Batman. This is closer to Nolanverse/DKR where he openly compares things to Warfare and acts like it. Comes off as deeply cynically to the point of Nihilism, but is actually Idealistic too the point that it *burns*.

In my head, Gotham is a major city that's gotten off *relatively* light compared to other major cities - *someone* has wired it up so that it's just about impossible for a Sentinel Patrol to enter city limits without everyone knowing about it almost immediately. The Batplane, Batmobile, and Batboat all still exist but they're just as often used to smuggle mutants and metahumans out then to bring villains into Arkham. [Gotham as a possible hub for a new Underground Railroad?] Which doesn't say much, granted. Batman's rogues still exist but now they're either all dead, fled to somewhere else on the planet (often with Batman's help), or actually an ally against the Sentinels. And with the dead ones, "They honored me with their Sacrifice - but the War goes on...".

Almost makes me think about banking into "rumor has it that he's considering a Presidential Run on an Anti-Sentinel platform", not because he thinks it would actually accomplish anything but because he's seen how it's giving people actual Hope.