Character Creation

Please read the setting and rules-revision information FIRST. Then start your own topic below where you post your superhero. We can discuss rules and the setting on your individual threads and players are prohibited from posting on another player's thread. PCs will be built with 200 Power Points but without Power-Level restrictions (see the Rules Revisions). Rather than being content to just hide or run away to another country, PCs should be superheroes dedicated to defeating the Sentinels.

There's also rumors dominating the setting. Players should make three 1d20 rolls to learn what their PC has heard or knows.

Rules Revisions

Power Levels and Perception-ranged attacks are eliminated (i.e., using Increased Range to make a Close-ranged power Rank-ranged would bump the cost +2 per rank).

All attack effects (Damage, Affliction, Weaken and Nullify) and Grabs have a DC of rank + 15.

Awareness is replaced by Willpower with Perception and Insight defaulting to Willpower.

Defenses are eliminated:

• Close attacks now target Fighting
  • Ranged attacks now target Agility
  • Damage, Affliction and Weaken now target Stamina
  • Protection is now Impervious by default ignoring Damage of equal or lesser rank (i.e., Iron Wolf has Protection 5 allowing her to ignore most firearm damage but if the weapon has Penetrating Damage Iron Wolf would need to make a Stamina check against the Damage ranks)
  • Immunity to Fortitude Effects allows a PC to ignore them without a Stamina check
  • Mental attacks target Willpower

Presence carries more weight as all initial encounters with NPCs will bring an immediate Presence check (by the player usually and the result determined by the Persuasion check table) to reflect how the NPC reacts to the PC(s). So having above-average Presence is now impactful, even when dealing with criminals.

Move-by Action becomes the default method of movement (i.e., a PC can move, perform a Standard action, then move again as long as they don’t exceed their maximum movement distance for that turn).

Multiattack becomes a combat Maneuver that drops the attacker’s movement rate -2 ranks until the start of their next turn.

Ricochet becomes a combat Maneuver that causes a -2 circumstance penalty on attack checks per “directional bounce” (i.e., Shockwave fires a lightning bolt that bounces off the ceiling and a wall in order to hit a crook hiding around a corner - the two ricochets carry a -4 penalty to Shockwave’s attack roll).

Chokehold becomes a combat Maneuver:

• Chokehold: Affliction (STR rank), vs. Stamina, Grab-based, Physically-Impaired/Stunned/Incapacitated, cumulative.

• This makes Chokehold much more effective especially against Minion-level targets

Languages become a Skill with each PP spent providing two languages and usage requires no check.

Prohibited Advantages: Artificer (replaced by “Expertise: Magical Technology” using the Technology rules for creating items), Attractive, Chokehold, Close Attack, Eidetic Memory, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical, Improved Hold, Inventor, Languages, Ranged Attack, Ritualist (replaced by “Expertise: Magic” using the Magical Ritual rules), Takedown, Uncanny Dodge.

Prohibited Effects: Immunity vs. Ranged/Close attacks, Movement: Dimensional and Time Travel, Senses - Precognition, Summon - Heroic and Teleport - Accurate.

Prohibited Modifiers: Affects Corporeal, Incurable,Limited to Lifting, Multiattack, Reaction, Strength-based (for weapons) and Split.

I'm okay with players questioning the revisions and might change anything that seems anti-fun.

Sheet

Players can use my sheet or one of your own, but your sheet needs to have all the information my sheet does (including a PC pic).

CODENAME!

(pic)

Aliases: _

Race: (Human, Mutant, Mutate, Alien, or Cyborg)

Place of Birth: _

Group Affiliations: _

Origin: _

Height: _

Weight: _

Hair: _

Eyes: _

Apparent Age: _

Apparent Gender: _

Unusual Features: _

Motivations: Defeating the Sentinels (you can add additional Motivations if you like)

Complications: _

Hero Points: _

Fighting: _

Agility: _

Dexterity: _

Strength: _

Stamina: _

Intellect: _

Willpower: _

Presence: _

Powers:

• Descriptor: Effect Rank, modifiers