Calendar and Event planning (OOC game operation and planning discussion)

Anthr4xus

As mentioned in the Overview we are at the start of the first Trimester of the 2022-2023 school year. That is probably going to need to be revised.  I was picturing the schedule as starting roughly 1/15/22 with the student body returning over that weekend.  The first trimester would run from 1/17/22 - 4/17/22, Spring break would run from 4/17/22 - 5/21/22, Second trimester would run from 5/23/22 - 8/14/22 with summer break from 8/15/22 - 9/17/22. The third trimester would run 9/19/22 -  12/17/22.  End of Year break from 12/18/22 - 1/13/23.

Based on this breakdown it is really just the 2022 school year.  Also based on this, there is likely some kind of big social thing (a dance, field day, big event, etc.) toward the end of the first trimester, a similar thing at the end of the second trimester, and year end exams/graduation/matriculation ceremonies at the end of the third trimester.

There are going to be things happening around the school and in the world at large that you can choose to interact with or not as you like.  I also strongly encourage players to create their own threads for personal interactions.  Let me know if you are interested in having NPCs for those kind of things.

I was looking thinking that we would have a general thread for the 'Return to School' kind of vibe.  I would assume we would also be looking at a specific thread for each class, particularly those that have more than a single student in them, although I don't mind doing one for each as desired.  I'm not sure how tightly we will need to monitor timing for things if we have multiple threads going on at once, but I'm sure we can work it out as needed. I noticed some people mentioned interest in clubs, so we would probably want a thread for those as well.

Thoughts and opinions on all of this welcome, as well as any suggestions for other notable things you would like to see happen during the year. 

Edited by Anthr4xus (see edit history)